+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Has XXX applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before?

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
May I please know if the question is have XXXX applied for immigration refugee and citizenship Canada before or it asks "has XXXX applied for Express Entry before?"

I think these are 2 different questions
Guys please advise on this.
No, these are the same questions.
Express Entry is administered by IRCC. If you have ever applied for any visa or permit in Canada, then you should answer "yes" to this question.

arsnur

Mar 27, 2020
and what if I applied couple of years ago and now I don't know the file number of my previous express entry, what should I do?

Mujahedshaik

Sep 13, 2020
Hi friends,

I submitted my EE profile last night. In EE profile there is a question as below:

"Has XXX applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before? "

I answered Yes. Because, I am in Canada for last 8 years, first on study permit and them on work permit .

Did I answer correct ?

As per IRCC the answer is 'YES' if you have applied previously as student/worker/visitor. The next question have you applied for express entry should be "NO" unless you have completed the application and paid the fee before,(which is considered as applying to IRCC) IRCC tweet

sri_12

Feb 23, 2020
oh, I havent thought of this before ???
I have already submitted my eAPR. Is that question for the main applicant only, I do not remember clearly?
My dependent went to Canada once on tourist visa... Should I check wit the tourist company his UCI number and inform CIC?

would appreciate any insight

Hey I am in the same boat. So when you applied for your e-APR and didnt say yes to that question, did it impact your PR?

sri_12

Feb 23, 2020
for the question : have XXXX applied for immigration refugee and citizenship Canada before , i answered as 'NO'
but my application i have uploaded my valid work permit under different tab as proof of employment. is it OK ? or do i need raise CSE to correct the answer

Hey can you please update? I am in the same situation, what did you do?

KabeerWest77

Feb 13, 2023
Someplace, Earth
Category........
FSW
As per IRCC the answer is 'YES' if you have applied previously as student/worker/visitor. The next question have you applied for express entry should be "NO" unless you have completed the application and paid the fee before,(which is considered as applying to IRCC) IRCC tweet
In your link it doesn't show the original post/tweet only shows IRCC saying Yeah that's correct but what exactly are they referring to? Can you share the text or screenshot of the original tweet to which they were replying to?