+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Has XXX applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before?

jahmedir

Star Member
Nov 11, 2016
Hi friends,

I submitted my EE profile last night. In EE profile there is a question as below:

"Has XXX applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before? "

I answered Yes. Because, I am in Canada for last 8 years, first on study permit and them on work permit .

Did I answer correct ?

jahmedir

Star Member
Nov 11, 2016
@DelPiero
Thanks.

Last year I submitted an EE profile but at that time my profile got Ineligible. That profile has an application number. This profile is still listed in my CIC account.

In my current EE profile ,there is a question
"Has XXX applied for Express Entry before? If yes then what is the EE file number? "

For the above question, I said Yes and entered that EE profile's application number.

Is it ok?
Is file number and application number same thing?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
omarimam said:
I thought we should only answer by "YES" if someone applied for a PR before. Didnt know if it was a study permit and/or work permit as well!!
If you have applied to CIC before irrespective of the type of application, you have to answer Yes.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
omarimam said:
I thought we should only answer by "YES" if someone applied for a PR before. Didnt know if it was a study permit and/or work permit as well!!
Visitor visa too.

They all fall under IRCC.

bhanu888

Oct 15, 2016
jahmedir said:
@DelPiero
Thanks.

Last year I submitted an EE profile but at that time my profile got Ineligible. That profile has an application number. This profile is still listed in my CIC account.

In my current EE profile ,there is a question
"Has XXX applied for Express Entry before? If yes then what is the EE file number? "

For the above question, I said Yes and entered that EE profile's application number.

Is it ok?
Is file number and application number same thing?

Should the ans. in this situation be yes or no?

Lailina

May 17, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
bellaluna said:
Visitor visa too.

They all fall under IRCC.
oh, I havent thought of this before ???
I have already submitted my eAPR. Is that question for the main applicant only, I do not remember clearly?
My dependent went to Canada once on tourist visa... Should I check wit the tourist company his UCI number and inform CIC?

would appreciate any insight

Canada247

Star Member
Apr 10, 2017
Hi All,

When I filled my PR application, I had two confusing statutory questions....

"Has xxxx been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du
Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?"

and

"Has xxx ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?"

I have been refused a US visitor's visa so I answered yes to the second one with explanation but I answered no the the first question.

I received a schedule A request with only the following question:

" has xxx been refused refugee status, an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial Nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?"

The second question was missing, so I answered yes and gave exactly the same explanation.

Do you guys think I have misrepresented?

I did not include any refusal document as it was 12 years ago, I only gave an explanation--is this OK.

P*S: I have always answered yes to the refusal in my previous applications to CIC.

Thanks

gbrv85

Star Member
Jul 8, 2017
May I please know if the question is have XXXX applied for immigration refugee and citizenship Canada before or it asks "has XXXX applied for Express Entry before?"

I think these are 2 different questions
Guys please advise on this.

rohan_exp

May 22, 2017
for the question : have XXXX applied for immigration refugee and citizenship Canada before , i answered as 'NO'
but my application i have uploaded my valid work permit under different tab as proof of employment. is it OK ? or do i need raise CSE to correct the answer

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
for the question : have XXXX applied for immigration refugee and citizenship Canada before , i answered as 'NO'
but my application i have uploaded my valid work permit under different tab as proof of employment. is it OK ? or do i need raise CSE to correct the answer
You should raise CSE to correct your application.