+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Has it ever happened with anybody?

GirlOntario

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Has it ever happened with anybody that ecase did not say that "Medicals has been received" but actually he/she got PPR (Passport request)? Please explain?

TomTom

Feb 11, 2010
Yes, it has happened in several cases, including mine. E-case has been updated only after I got my passport back. In a way I don't blame them, I'd rather have them work on concrete stuff rather than wasting time updating E-case, don't you think so ?

GirlOntario

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TomTom said:
Yes, it has happened in several cases, including mine. E-case has been updated only after I got my passport back. In a way I don't blame them, I'd rather have them work on concrete stuff rather than wasting time updating E-case, don't you think so ?
Exactly you are right. did you get paper form letter for passport request or email with passport request?

TomTom

Feb 11, 2010
Hi GirlOntario,

All the correspondence was via mail only . Good thing cause I could easily have missed an email in my inbox.

Raffy888

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
Hi ab.gov.ca,

remember that you told me to make an email or fax the Canadian Embassy to follow up my application because its been long overdue of the 8 months processing time as stated in my acknowledgement receipt. so i did fax the embassy and they replied but unfortunately i was informed that the medical results for my spouse has not yet been received by them. the worst thing here is that, if i did not make a follow up on my case i will never knew that the medical result for my spouse has not yet been received. but to make things even worst, the medical result of my spouse and kids had been forwarded already to the embassy since november 2009 as what the doctor said when my wife informed her. my question is: how long do i have to wait again for the embassy to ask for our passports for visa stamping? would it be another 3 months again? please help me or anyone with the same experience. any information will be highly appreciated. thanks...

ab.gov.ca

Apr 10, 2010
Edmonton, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If this is the case then fax a letter asking about the medical status. Ask specifically that whether my results have been forwarded to concerned Visa office or not. This is fax number of Ottawa: (613) 941 5043 and Ana will email your status within a week. Make sure you provide your email address in this fax letter.

First make sure that your medical results are routed to Ottawa or embassy from your Doctor. If results are forwarded to Ottawa then use advice said in first paragraph if results are forwarded directly to Canadian Consulate abroad then ask doctor to provide some sort of tracking number of mail so that you can know when those results were delivered.

Raffy888

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
Hi ab.gov.ca,

Thank you for your reply. But honestly, i dont understand what you mean. In the first place, the problem is not my medical result but the result for my spouse. The Canadian Embassy in Manila, Philippines replied to our fax letter and they said that they haven't receive yet the medical result for my spouse. Are you trying to say that since i am the principal applicant on this application, all our medical results have been consolidated and forwarded in Ottawa? Because my wife and 3 kids had their medical done in the Philippines. While mine was taken here in Edmonton Canada. Please enlighten me on this matter before sending fax to Ottawa.

Thank you again. Hope to hear from you soon.