+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Has CBSA started to record EXIT history already?

chelavnzuo

Star Member
Jan 2, 2014
I seem to remember a post somewhere in the forum mentioning they started to track both entry and exit records since Jun 2013. Is this true? Does it apply to only land travellers?

flamingteeth

Star Member
May 26, 2014
I got mined 10 days ago, and there is no exit record in the paper.

I have trips to US by air and by road, any there is no exit record for them.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
flamingteeth said:
I got mined 10 days ago, and there is no exit record in the paper.

I have trips to US by air and by road, any there is no exit record for them.
Did you re-use one I-94/I-94W form for multiple land border entries?

enyeeme

Apr 14, 2014
I never travelled anywhere in the past 1095 days before I applied for citizenship in Aug 2013. In first week of Sep 2013 I visited my homecountry India for a 6 month period. I returned in the first week of March 2014. I went to India with a 2 stopping via USA(just a Chicago transit for 2 hrs) and then Doha and finally to India because its a cheaper fare I got.
I did not know until recently that I have to inform CIC if I am travelling for a longer period. I was in a assumption that it takes min 2 year period to process the application.
Now, suppose in dec 2013/Jan 2014 if CIC did a background check or CBSA check, what exactly they see in CBSA record? They see exit in Sep 2013 just upto USA or to my final destination to India? also in dec/jan 2014 CIC cannot see any of my entry back to Canada because I have entered back only in Mar 2014. so, CIC cannot have any clue why and for how long I left Canada and how this could affect my application?

I would have informed them about my travel period if I would have know that it is a requirement.

enyeeme

Apr 14, 2014
based on the above please some reply just to this question..

Now, suppose in dec 2013/Jan 2014 if CIC did a background check or CBSA check,
what exactly they see in CBSA record?
They see exit in Sep 2013 just only upto USA or to my final destination to India?

Because in an other forum, http://www.settlement.org/discuss/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11136
some one mentioned as
"In theory, you can travel abroad after submitting the application. However, it is a great chance to delay the process if you have a quick trip abroad, especially to United States. Maybe it is OK to the other countries."