Has (Candidate) applied to IRCC before?

karenn1617

May 29, 2015
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
DelPiero07 said:
I want to shoot myself.
Don't do that - you are very much correct.

I realize now and did unchecked the thing as YES, I just created and not filled formally by submitting mine eAPR.

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
I want to shoot myself.
Hi DelPiero07,

Thanks for the advice. I understand we are only considered previous EE or PR applicants if we reach the AOR stage of the process.

I had two EE profiles: first one wasn't eligible so I created a second one (more accurate) and recently got ITA. The PR online application forms ask if I have a UCI number. Although I do not have one on my current EE profile/documents, I noticed that there was a UCI number mentioned on my previous profile (that was ineligible).

Which is confusing since I read that the UCI number sticks to you forever. I am not sure if I should mention this UCI on my previous profile when IRCC ask on the form and also for the medical exams (clinic is asking)?

willi240

Aug 28, 2017
Good day
So if I entered Yes that I applied for EE and I entered my expired and ineligible EE profile numbers, does that mean I misrepresented?

Regards

rami2018

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
Guys,

Need to clear a doubt - when creating the EE profile, there is a part "Has **** applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before? "

In 2015 I applied for a student visa and got rejected. I checked in the refusal document and found the UCI number. When creating the EE profile should I select "Yes" for "Has ****** applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before?" and mention the UCI number? Would this create an issue in receiving ITA?

rami2018

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
Dear Delpiero,

I had applied for study permit in 2007, but was rejected. Should i include this under have you ever applied to IRCC in the statutory question in ITA.

Has <candidate> ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country

Regards,kenyk

Hi,

I'm in a similar situation. How it go with your application? Did you select "Yes"? How far in the PR have you gone?

manish_sood19

Nov 24, 2018
Hi All,

Any update on your issues?
How did you solve it ?

Here is my story below. Hope someone can answer.

I have received ITA this month.
Currently my wife is primary applicant and I am dependent.

My query is :

1. I applied paper based pr application 2013 with me as primary applicant and spouse as dependent. Visa was refused with a restriction of 2 years.
For current application Pre ITA, spouse is primary and I am dependent. Now there was a question in spouse section " Has <spouse name >applied for Immigration before?". We answered No.
Is this correct?

2. If question 1 is answered wrong, do I need to mention my UCI (got in 2013) in spouse section ?

3. Post ITA in my section, statutory declaration, there was a question
"Have you been refused visa, permanent residence ? I answered Yes, and it further asks "Please provide details", there I mentioned my UCI (got in 2013).

4. In my section again, Immigration history, it asks for UCI again. Which one to mention ?
The one got in 2013? or
The one received in current EE application under Dependents (number starts with CAN000XXXXXXXX

Regards,
Manish

Jul 30, 2018
Hi All,

Any update on your issues?
How did you solve it ?

Here is my story below. Hope someone can answer.

I have received ITA this month.
Currently my wife is primary applicant and I am dependent.

My query is :

1. I applied paper based pr application 2013 with me as primary applicant and spouse as dependent. Visa was refused with a restriction of 2 years.
For current application Pre ITA, spouse is primary and I am dependent. Now there was a question in spouse section " Has <spouse name >applied for Immigration before?". We answered No.
Is this correct?

2. If question 1 is answered wrong, do I need to mention my UCI (got in 2013) in spouse section ?

3. Post ITA in my section, statutory declaration, there was a question
"Have you been refused visa, permanent residence ? I answered Yes, and it further asks "Please provide details", there I mentioned my UCI (got in 2013).

4. In my section again, Immigration history, it asks for UCI again. Which one to mention ?
The one got in 2013? or
The one received in current EE application under Dependents (number starts with CAN000XXXXXXXX

Regards,
Manish
Hi,

I am in a similar situation. I had created an express entry profile as myself as primary applicant and my spouse as dependent. CRS score is 442. Now I am creating a profile with my spouse as primary applicant and myself as dependent. CRS score is 366. He is having a better chance for getting a provincial nomination as he is in demand job and I am not working for last five years.

When creating the second profile do I have to mention earlier UCI anywhere.

Jul 11, 2019
It is not strange. Creating a profile DOES NOT mean that you applied for PR.

You've only applied for PR IF you've received an ITA and submitted an eAPR in the past, which you haven't.

If you truly have never applied to IRCC then the answer for applying for PR would also be "no" that's why that question disappears.

Hello Del piero,

I had a different GC key when i applied for Study and work permit.

I created a new one for Express entry.

Should i use the UCI code that i had when i applied for my study permit?

Hoping you can answer my question.

noorie11

Star Member
Oct 10, 2020
Hello everyone,

so people who made a mistake by selecting 'no' what has happened to your pr application? I said no by mistake even though I am on a work permit.

Cheekypops

Jan 1, 2023
If I had applied for a student visa and got rejected, do I answer yes to the question? I don’t have my UCI number anymore

KabeerWest77

Feb 13, 2023
Someplace, Earth
Category........
FSW
It is not strange. Creating a profile DOES NOT mean that you applied for PR.

You've only applied for PR IF you've received an ITA and submitted an eAPR in the past, which you haven't.

If you truly have never applied to IRCC then the answer for applying for PR would also be "no" that's why that question disappears.
Hello delPiero, what is your source link for this assurance ["It is not strange. Creating a profile DOES NOT mean that you applied for PR.
You've only applied for PR IF you've received an ITA and submitted an eAPR] you're providing?