+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Has been almost 2 years, how much longer I have to wait?!

warah

Mar 22, 2010
Kitchener, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2008
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
Med's Done....
30-06-2010
Hello all,

I have applied PR under Family sponsorship. My wife (Canadian citizen) is the sponsor. I submitted the application back in Oct 2008 (almost 2 years since then). I have no idea why is taking so long.

In June 2009, we received the AIP letter. They requested a new medical report (the first one I did expired, because it is only valid for a year), and "Police check" from my home country China. As from now, it said "DECISION MADE". The "Police Check" was sent to CIC Vegrevill office on July 14, 2010. The last time I talked to the call center (Aug 25, 2010), they said that the document has been received, waiting to open it (they were opening documents received on June at that time). I am wondering how much long I have to wait till the visa come through. Thanks a million in advance.

Here are the notes from the website when I check application status online:
We received your application for permanent residence on October 6, 2008.

We started processing your application on November 4, 2008.

We received the requested information on March 23, 2009. Thank you for providing the information.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

We sent you a letter on June 22, 2010 to xxxxxxxxxxxx(my current address) about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

Medical results have been received.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
warah said:
We sent you a letter on June 22, 2010 to xxxxxxxxxxxx(my current address) about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.
Contact them. The letter should have arrived by now, so it must have been lost or sent to the wrong address.

tgchi13

Nov 25, 2009
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NY via Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 08
File Transfer...
05 August 08
Med's Request
April 08
Med's Done....
June 08
Interview........
12 Nov 09
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
refused Nov 09
Agreed. It doesn't not take three months for a properly addressed letter to be delivered within Canada. It is lost. Ask them to resend.

warah

Mar 22, 2010
Kitchener, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2008
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
Med's Done....
30-06-2010
canadianwoman said:
Contact them. The letter should have arrived by now, so it must have been lost or sent to the wrong address.
Thanks so much for the reply. I should have made myself more clear. I have received the letter they sent on June 22, 2010. One letter is for my wife, saying that she has met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. One is for me saying that I met the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent resident, but a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met.

From the letter, there are 2 things they were requesting: Immigration Medical examination & security background checks (Police Certificate). It was indicated that medical results are received, but they have not opened the Police Certificated yet (it has been received, not yet open). They said they were just opening documents received on June at the office (last time I checked was late August). I am wondering how much longer I have to wait till I get my PR status.

warah

Mar 22, 2010
Kitchener, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2008
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
Med's Done....
30-06-2010
UP DATE:

On Spet 14, 2010, they finally opened the Police Certificate I sent them. I believe this is the back ground check. Once this goes through, I will be getting the PR. Just wondering how long this will take?

Note on checking application status online:

• We received your application for permanent residence on October 6, 2008.
    We started processing your application on November 4, 2008.
    We received the requested information on March 23, 2009. Thank you for providing the information.
    We sent you a letter on June 22, 2010 to (my current address) Kitchener, Ontario, Canada, about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.
    Medical results have been received.
    We received the requested information on September 14, 2010. Thank you for providing the information.