+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Has anyone successfully linked their application to a second MyCIC account?

cristian240

Oct 21, 2015
I need to transfer my application to a second MyCIC account because I want to stop using my bank information to login. I created a second MyCIC account with a new GCKey to transfer my application to.

I tried doing it but only the thing under "submitted applications or profile" transfered. The one under in work under "continue my profile / application" stayed in the original MyCIC account

Anybody know how to transfer the application that is in progress?

Eucalyptus

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2016
AOR Received.
02-02-2016
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
cristian240 said:
I need to transfer my application to a second MyCIC account because I want to stop using my bank information to login. I created a second MyCIC account with a new GCKey to transfer my application to.

I tried doing it but only the thing under "submitted applications or profile" transfered. The one under in work under "continue my profile / application" stayed in the original MyCIC account

Anybody know how to transfer the application that is in progress?

Oh wow,

Can I begin to tell you about this???

Long story short, don't do it... It's a nightmare. Just continue using your bank info as the sign in partner. I don't think there has been a complete error free way to link the two accounts yet.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Eucalyptus said:
Oh wow,

Can I begin to tell you about this???

Long story short, don't do it... It's a nightmare. Just continue using your bank info as the sign in partner. I don't think there has been a complete error free way to link the two accounts yet.
I had wanted to do it too, and I totally believe you. Not doing it then.

montee

Jan 8, 2015
Hi There
I think i have done what you are asking but I will explain in full in case there are differences.

I signed up for MyCIC/EE with bank sign in partner scotiabank initially and got ITA. While uploading documents the sign in partner login broke ( note it broke, that is after successful login in to bank it doesn't link to my application) Long story short CIC couldnt fix it and my 60 days ran out so had to reapply. They said sign in partner is a technical issue and nothing to do with them! I believe many people had this problem.

I created new profile with gc key this time and then had to search for my application to link it using family name, passport number and place of birth ( they give you option of several parameters by which to search). Please note it took my a few days of repeating the steps saying no application could be found till one day it was found - and it linked!

I now use gc key only.

Eucalyptus

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2016
AOR Received.
02-02-2016
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
If you don't have ITA and want to chance it, you can go right ahead and try linking accounts. But I won't advise anyone to do it after ITA.

My long story:

I used my banking info as sign-in partner to create my profile in April 2015. Everything was fine until some time late August when the bank issued an unauthorised transaction on my account. I noticed and immediately brought it to their attention. They then had to cancel my access card... :eek:

This now meant I have zero access to my CIC profile!!

Unsure what to do, I created a new GC Key and read through it. It gave an option to link accounts. I tried and tried with no luck. I then had to email CIC for technical assistance linking the accounts. They responded on Sept 8th with a screen shot of the information as I should enter it (which I was doing all along). Turns out, when I linked my account, I got ITA the same day.

Imagine my excitement!

All the excitement was short lived, as the application did NOT come over!!! Remember I have no access to the original account because of the bank error. :mad:

I called twice for assistance and was told to email for technical assistance (AGAIN).

I did so, and guess what? I received one email advising it is being looked into. Well my ITA AND my profile EXPIRED!!! It took THAT long. I still to this day have not received a follow up, although I followed up (which might I add is a tedious task in itself).

I then had to create another profile and do the waiting thing all over again from November 2015. I just got ITA Jan 13th.

Here is why I said don't do it... But that's just me speaking from experience.

Onims

Jul 26, 2017
Kosovo
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
20-09-2017
Application CIC received on Aug 8th, I am still not able to link my application even that I have tried different ways...how long it takes till they add application on system? When I will be avalaible to link application...?
...what is the right way to link the application on cic section
>Permanent Resident>Provincial nominees

Nov 7, 2023
Application CIC received on Aug 8th, I am still not able to link my application even that I have tried different ways...how long it takes till they add application on system? When I will be avalaible to link application...?
...what is the right way to link the application on cic section
>Permanent Resident>Provincial nominees
what happens if my gckey is locked because of answering questionaires WRONGLY