+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Has anyone successfully got a job offer through LMIA application who is a professional (NOT trades worker like farmer, cook, driver, etc)

Alenko

Jul 7, 2020
I'm really wondering if some professionals have had a success in this. If this is even possible for offshore applicants.
I am trying to apply to remote provinces with small population like Yukon and PEI. I have found about 3 companies looking for exactly my profession and qualifications. The jobs were posted already more than a month and i doubt my profession is that many in those provinces. I have already reached out to them and waiting for their feedback.

Also, my occupation is concentrated and have a lot of opportunities in big cities so even if there is a Canadian or PR holder qualified for it, i doubt they have a motivation to move in remote provinces just to get that entry level position. Or is relocation common among Canadians especially coming from populous city to provinces like Yukon and PEI? I also found one job posting from Nunavut but Nunavut does not offer PNP so I'm not looking at it for now.

But as I have said, the jobs were already posted more than a month and are still active. Would employers rather let it go unfilled than applying for LMIA? Is that how tough and expensive it is for them?

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Most employers are unfamiliar with the LMIA process and won't bother with it. Also, job postings might still be up on sites like Linkedin or Indeed because employers don't remove them right away.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I'm really wondering if some professionals have had a success in this. If this is even possible for offshore applicants.
I am trying to apply to remote provinces with small population like Yukon and PEI. I have found about 3 companies looking for exactly my profession and qualifications. The jobs were posted already more than a month and i doubt my profession is that many in those provinces. I have already reached out to them and waiting for their feedback.

Also, my occupation is concentrated and have a lot of opportunities in big cities so even if there is a Canadian or PR holder qualified for it, i doubt they have a motivation to move in remote provinces just to get that entry level position. Or is relocation common among Canadians especially coming from populous city to provinces like Yukon and PEI? I also found one job posting from Nunavut but Nunavut does not offer PNP so I'm not looking at it for now.

But as I have said, the jobs were already posted more than a month and are still active. Would employers rather let it go unfilled than applying for LMIA? Is that how tough and expensive it is for them?
There's no harm asking the employer if they are willing to go through the LMIA process. They may be or they may not be. Some employers certainly are.

Note that the advertising they have done to date may not be sufficient to meet LMIA advertising requirements. It's possible they may have to re-advertise to meet LMIA requirements.