+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Has anyone sponsored a married filipina as common law spouse.

emrn

Jun 8, 2011
Makati City, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2011 (September 02,2011)
File Transfer...
13-12-2011
Med's Request
13-12-2012 (remeds)
Med's Done....
27-07-2011/ remeds done 19-12-2012
Interview........
13-11-2012 Passed the Eligibility ;)
Passport Req..
27-12-2011 sent the same day
VISA ISSUED...
March 26, 2013 (DM: 28-03-2013)
LANDED..........
April 19, 2013
Quebec_visitor said:
Yes im in Canada now on Visitor visa. Kaka extend ko lng ng visa ko. alam mo ba 3x ako dineny for tourist visa beforebut we dont stop appying until we get it... ngaun this is my 2nd time na punta dito as tourist...and yes my partner will sponsor me kaso nid ko pa divorce papers kaht man lang daw proof na nag file ako ng divorce or annulment... so divorce muna sa tingin namin ...un na lang need ko na papers and custody papers ng kids ko para maka pag submit na rin ako.....inform mo ko ha what is ur result...
hehehe I got denied twice after I got denied the first time someone advised me to go out of the country I went to HK and Macau when i got back I reapplied it made no difference denied pa din we even considered applying for FSW because I'm a nurse but then hassle kasi yung show money, so we decided to apply conjugal partnership hoping it would be faster to be together but till now I don't know what's going on. And applying for annulment will take longer we just want to be together and start a new family. I will be leaving my 3 kids behind me cus my ex wont cooperate but i will get them once I get on my feet. I just hope we get approved soon kasi naawa ako sa partner ko cus he's been supporting me and himself cus he doesnt want me to work. I miss him so much mag 1 year na kami di nagkikita. :'( buti ka pa kahit paano naapprove hehehe nakakatrauma kasi yung denial I was really heart broken the second time kasi our plan was sasama na ako pabalik sa kanya but then we got denied.

wyn_tayong

Feb 21, 2012
Need More info please.

I'm a Filipina, separated but not legally and has been in Canada for almost 4years. The first 3years as an TFW and extended as a tourist after giving birth to my baby. My partner wants to sponsor me but we dont know how to go about it since my Xhusband wont cooperate and sign the annulment.. anyone has any advise please? it will be very much appreciated.. salamat!

kmw

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
Earth
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-12-2011
Med's Done....
10-07-2011
Passport Req..
04-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29- 02 -2012
LANDED..........
23 -05 -2012
wyn_tayong said:
I'm a Filipina, separated but not legally and has been in Canada for almost 4years. The first 3years as an TFW and extended as a tourist after giving birth to my baby. My partner wants to sponsor me but we dont know how to go about it since my Xhusband wont cooperate and sign the annulment.. anyone has any advise please? it will be very much appreciated.. salamat!
Hi there is no need for your ex-husband to sign the paper nor cooperate for the processing of annulment. As long as your ex can receive the letter from the court then the process will be considered. The more he will not cooperate with every hearing set the more it will be quick,his signature is not necessary. My prior marriage was annulled and the no communication and non appearance made everything fast, it only took me 8 months to get my paper annulled. ;).

Also I've learned that another option is you can divorce your ex from Canada provided that you've been there for a year. The divorce will be considered by the Canadian government and it will be legal there and you can remarry or file for common law. Though you cannot remarry in the Philippines, you know how our place sucks when it comes to the issue of religion.

Goodluck

wyn_tayong

Feb 21, 2012
Hi thank u for the reply.. made me at ease for a bit.. i have been here in Canada almost 4yrs na but as TFW but when i gave birth i changed my status to tourist.. did not know i could'nt change it back to working so am at a limbo now..

Where did u file for annulment? ang bilis ah, but still i dont have 8mos to wait coz my visa will be expiring by july and we need to forward the papers before then.. any knowledge sa divorce dito?

emrn

Jun 8, 2011
Makati City, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
13-12-2011
Med's Request
13-12-2012 (remeds)
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April 19, 2013
kmw said:
Hi there is no need for your ex-husband to sign the paper nor cooperate for the processing of annulment. As long as your ex can receive the letter from the court then the process will be considered. The more he will not cooperate with every hearing set the more it will be quick,his signature is not necessary. My prior marriage was annulled and the no communication and non appearance made everything fast, it only took me 8 months to get my paper annulled. ;).

Also I've learned that another option is you can divorce your ex from Canada provided that you've been there for a year. The divorce will be considered by the Canadian government and it will be legal there and you can remarry or file for common law. Though you cannot remarry in the Philippines, you know how our place sucks when it comes to the issue of religion.

Goodluck
wow ang bilis ng annulment mo yup that's also our plan to file for divorce when after 1 year when i get there, saan yung annulment mo?

Reactions: Luisa10

hawks

Sep 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 20, 2011 (mississauga)
File Transfer...
aug 22,2011 (CEM received app)
Med's Done....
may 2011 remed - Oct 2012
Interview........
may 2012
Passport Req..
sept 23, 2011 - PP sent Oct 5,2011
VISA ISSUED...
april 4,2013
LANDED..........
may 2013
Re: Need More info please.

wyn_tayong said:

Hi! You can file for a Divorce since u are already there in Canada for awhile. File for an Uncontested divorce, its easier will take u 6 months without any appearance and all. Thats what i did before even if i was on TRV. Then u and ur partner can get married then file for ur application for PR.

Goodluck!

Quebec_visitor

Feb 4, 2012
Quebec
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
October 2011

wyn_tayong said:
Hawk is ryt. You could file divorce here in Canada kahit tourist visa ka...Kung july na expiration ng visa mo apply ka na lng ulit ng extension. Pareho tau ng situation.

Reactions: Luisa10

Quebec_visitor

Feb 4, 2012
Quebec
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
October 2011
emrn said:
hehehe I got denied twice after I got denied the first time someone advised me to go out of the country I went to HK and Macau when i got back I reapplied it made no difference denied pa din we even considered applying for FSW because I'm a nurse but then hassle kasi yung show money, so we decided to apply conjugal partnership hoping it would be faster to be together but till now I don't know what's going on. And applying for annulment will take longer we just want to be together and start a new family. I will be leaving my 3 kids behind me cus my ex wont cooperate but i will get them once I get on my feet. I just hope we get approved soon kasi naawa ako sa partner ko cus he's been supporting me and himself cus he doesnt want me to work. I miss him so much mag 1 year na kami di nagkikita. :'( buti ka pa kahit paano naapprove hehehe nakakatrauma kasi yung denial I was really heart broken the second time kasi our plan was sasama na ako pabalik sa kanya but then we got denied.
ako never na umalis ng bansa.. canada lng una kung bansa napuntahan..2 kids ko din dyan sa pinas but i will try na isama agad sila sa application ko once i submit it sa May..my ex too dont want to cooperate...swerte ko nga dito na ako at kasama common-law partner ko ...
God will bless u dont worry..

AmericaninQuebec

Oct 12, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
11-01-2012
visita44 said:
Just have a thought about this. Aren't you surprise that there is no reply on this thread from people who'd been successful as commom law from Philippines.. Just figure maybe because, common-law relationship is not recognize in the Philippines so whats the chance that Canada will recognize the common law relationship from Philippines.. I'm sure Canada will accept common law relationship here in Canada.. For me, I will apply as Conjugal and just prove it as a married-like relationship.. Couple should show that they are financially, emotionally dependent on each other.
Common-law status is something that is recognized in Canada, and that is what matters to the CIC. The fact that the Philippines does not recognize an official common-law status has no bearing at all on immigration to Canada as a sponsored immigrant. If you have lived together for a year and can provide the requested proof of a common-law relationship, even if you have spent the entire year living in the Philippines, then you can apply as a common-law partner. If you cannot live together for a year then you can still apply as conjugal partners if you can meet those requirements.

scarface09

Mar 8, 2012
AmericaninQuebec said:
Common-law status is something that is recognized in Canada, and that is what matters to the CIC. The fact that the Philippines does not recognize an official common-law status has no bearing at all on immigration to Canada as a sponsored immigrant. If you have lived together for a year and can provide the requested proof of a common-law relationship, even if you have spent the entire year living in the Philippines, then you can apply as a common-law partner. If you cannot live together for a year then you can still apply as conjugal partners if you can meet those requirements.
Hi newbie lang sa forum na to,ung GF ko kc is married in the phillipines,bale inapply ko cia sa employer,pag nag fill out ba cia ng application for work permit anu po ang dapat nyang ilagay sa Marital Staus nya?kasi pag nilagay nia married kelangan ilagay name ng spouse nia...any advice namn po sa mga nkakaalam.thank you

kaloka

Star Member
Sep 29, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2011
File Transfer...
03-01-2012
Med's Request
06-02-2012- started processing
Passport Req..
18-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
25-04-2012
LANDED..........
01-05-2012 :D
emrn said:
Hi ermn did you also include your 3 kids in your application?

emrn

Jun 8, 2011
Makati City, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
13-12-2011
Med's Request
13-12-2012 (remeds)
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April 19, 2013
kaloka said:
Hi ermn did you also include your 3 kids in your application?
nope naiwan sila sa ex kong baliw.. Yung youngest ko which is only 3 years old was with me dito sa manila isasama ko sana kaya lang ayaw pirmahan ng ex ko yung papers. so ang gagagawin ko na lang kunin ko sila after 2 years. Grabe since december 27 pa passport ko sa CEM till now walang balita. Nwala address ko sa ecas nung jan 27 till now di pa bumabalik. Lungkot na lungkot na nga ako dito eh kasi kakakuha lang ng ex ko dun sa bunso ko. Mag-isa lang ako dito. :'( :'( :'( sana maaprove na ako para makaalis nako.

weary-damsil31

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2012
Med's Done....
April 28,2012
LANDED..........
July 10/14

wyn_tayong said:
Hi,

I just had my divorce done...i filed last yr and had gotten my divorce certificate last month.. anong province kb? i only pay $210 for the filling fee,taz ako lahat gumawa ng paper work. another Filipina was willing to do it for me pero kinukwartahan lang ako,she was asking $1,000 para sa lahat pero ako pa din naman ang lalakad daw kaya i went to the Family Law Centre in Edmonton and asked their opinion...The people in LINC also will help you. Basta madali lang..

scarface09

Mar 8, 2012

Hi po sa inyong lahat,pasensya na kc d ko lam kung san ko ilalagay ang post ko and newbie lang sa forum na to,ung GF ko kc is married in the philippines,bale inapply ko cia sa employer,pag nag fill out ba cia ng application for work permit anu po ang dapat nyang ilagay sa Marital Staus nya?kasi pag nilagay nia married kelangan ilagay name ng spouse nia...any advice namn po sa mga nkakaalam.thank you