+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Has anyone sponsored a married filipina as common law spouse.

emrn

Jun 8, 2011
Makati City, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2011 (September 02,2011)
File Transfer...
13-12-2011
Med's Request
13-12-2012 (remeds)
Med's Done....
27-07-2011/ remeds done 19-12-2012
Interview........
13-11-2012 Passed the Eligibility ;)
Passport Req..
27-12-2011 sent the same day
VISA ISSUED...
March 26, 2013 (DM: 28-03-2013)
LANDED..........
April 19, 2013
batchi said:
Hello....Just need help regarding my situation hope anyone can help me....

My partner married his first wife in 1995 and we marry 2004. Now he is going to Canada thru LMO he declare me as his spouse in his original application here in Philippines so I can accompany him. His annulment is now on process..My question is if we already in Canada and if he has the court order already for the annulment of his first marriage and we apply for provincial nominee or permanent residency as a couple...does it have an affect on our application if CIC noticed the different marriage indicated in the birth of our child ( on his first marriage and to me ) although the first marriage is annulled? Will CIC question our marriage status since the court order of the annulment was dated after our marriage? Coz in Philippine Law our marriage is null and void since he is legally married when our marriage is done. Is there any possibility our application as spouse be denied.. thanks in advance to all who can help us.....
yes u will definitely be questioned because that means your marriage is not valid cus he is still married with his first wife since it hasn't been annulled yet. He would've just declared u as a common law instead. U can still accompany him even if you are common law. How is that possible that u were able to get married and his marriage isn't even annulled yet?

batchi

Jan 31, 2012
We are now preparing and fill-up all the documents and we decided to include me as his common law....but as common we must fill-up the statutory declaration of common and needs proof...what if we consider the birth certificate of our daughter as proof...would there be any problems since in the birth certificate our marriage is indicated? thanks for you help...

emrn

Jun 8, 2011
Makati City, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
13-12-2011
Med's Request
13-12-2012 (remeds)
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April 19, 2013
batchi said:
We are now preparing and fill-up all the documents and we decided to include me as his common law....but as common we must fill-up the statutory declaration of common and needs proof...what if we consider the birth certificate of our daughter as proof...would there be any problems since in the birth certificate our marriage is indicated? thanks for you help...
more proof like lease contracts, joint accounts, pictures, trips together, letters from both of your family acknowledging and supporting your relationship

visita44

Jun 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 4, 2011
Med's Done....
Jan 27, 2011
Interview........
Mar 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Mar 13, 2012
Just have a thought about this. Aren't you surprise that there is no reply on this thread from people who'd been successful as commom law from Philippines.. Just figure maybe because, common-law relationship is not recognize in the Philippines so whats the chance that Canada will recognize the common law relationship from Philippines.. I'm sure Canada will accept common law relationship here in Canada.. For me, I will apply as Conjugal and just prove it as a married-like relationship.. Couple should show that they are financially, emotionally dependent on each other.

emrn

Jun 8, 2011
Makati City, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
13-12-2011
Med's Request
13-12-2012 (remeds)
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April 19, 2013
visita44 said:
Just have a thought about this. Aren't you surprise that there is no reply on this thread from people who'd been successful as commom law from Philippines.. Just figure maybe because, common-law relationship is not recognize in the Philippines so whats the chance that Canada will recognize the common law relationship from Philippines.. I'm sure Canada will accept common law relationship here in Canada.. For me, I will apply as Conjugal and just prove it as a married-like relationship.. Couple should show that they are financially, emotionally dependent on each other.
I applied as conjugal, just waiting for DM or VISA hopefully no interview but its ok but it will just prolong things I been waiting for almost 6 months. There are a lot of factors that you still need to consider before going that route, with me it's the only choice I got.

kaloka

Star Member
Sep 29, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2011
File Transfer...
03-01-2012
Med's Request
06-02-2012- started processing
Passport Req..
18-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
25-04-2012
LANDED..........
01-05-2012 :D
Annulment in the Philippines is possible. I was married before and got annulled. Just file an annulment no problem.
Better to get it annulled before you sponsor her.

G.Ysabelle

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
sent Jan. 30, 2012, CIC received Feb. 02
Doc's Request.
Appendix A; Orig. NSO AOM; Passport; PP pics. of my kids - non accompanying
AOR Received.
AOR Feb. 2; DM & Approval May 8, 2012
IELTS Request
Exam date 09/2010 Band Score 7
Med's Done....
Jan. 09, 2012
Passport Req..
Received by CEM May 18; Letter dated June 6; Received June 14; Addt'l docs. sent June 22
visita44 said:

I already thought about that three years ago, though there are successful ones I heard in other countries but so far none here in the Phils. When I was still married then to my ex-husband, we also did plan to apply under common-law but I was told by many filipino friends in Canada who had their applications refused before that I really should get an annulment as it was too risky to file either common law or conjugal under Philippine law. The cost of application is the same and if refused you will eventually file again in the future if the couple decided to get married. So we waited till the right time comes.

batchi

Jan 31, 2012
My partner has now an LMO and he indicated me as common law and he has previous marriage. His work is NOC level C. my question is I WILL NOT ACCOMPANY him right coz of his work level is C. Does he need to fill-up statutory declaration of common law and give proofs EVEN IF I WILL NOT ACCOMPANY him...thanks everyone

emrn

Jun 8, 2011
Makati City, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
13-12-2011
Med's Request
13-12-2012 (remeds)
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April 19, 2013
G.Ysabelle said:
I already thought about that three years ago, though there are successful ones I heard in other countries but so far none here in the Phils. When I was still married then to my ex-husband, we also did plan to apply under common-law but I was told by many filipino friends in Canada who had their applications refused before that I really should get an annulment as it was too risky to file either common law or conjugal under Philippine law. The cost of application is the same and if refused you will eventually file again in the future if the couple decided to get married. So we waited till the right time comes.
natatakot naman ako dyan sure ba yan na wala talaga ever? kasi meron naman sa forum na naapprove eh and meron din sa Canli na naapprove. Depende naman yata sa case.

emrn

Jun 8, 2011
Makati City, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
13-12-2011
Med's Request
13-12-2012 (remeds)
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April 19, 2013
http://www.immigration.ca/discussion2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16235

there are already conjugal and common law that were approved before. CEM has knowledge about our law in the Philippines about divorce and I dont think that they would hold it against us well I hope not, I hope that they would be impartial about it. We'll let's just see what will happen to my application and boracay's application. Here's hoping for the best :D

G.Ysabelle

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Jan. 09, 2012
Passport Req..
Received by CEM May 18; Letter dated June 6; Received June 14; Addt'l docs. sent June 22
emrn said:
immigration.ca/discussion2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16235

there are already conjugal and common law that were approved before. CEM has knowledge about our law in the Philippines about divorce and I dont think that they would hold it against us well I hope not, I hope that they would be impartial about it. We'll let's just see what will happen to my application and boracay's application. Here's hoping for the best :D
oh sis I really do wish you and boracay the best of luck... We were so scared then to try this route (common law and conjugal) kasi nga i've been in this immigration forum since 2009 using a different account then and since then walang naka pag convince sakin, they're all saying the same advices so we really didn't push it through... even PMM once told me that there is a nil chances of approval. But believe me, that I do hope all goes well with you guys... kung may makakasabay nga lang ako then we may consider it but really none, my hubby thought it's too much risk to waste big money and time for the application. Goodluck to you sis.

G.Ysabelle

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Jan. 09, 2012
Passport Req..
batchi said:
My partner has now an LMO and he indicated me as common law and he has previous marriage. His work is NOC level C. my question is I WILL NOT ACCOMPANY him right coz of his work level is C. Does he need to fill-up statutory declaration of common law and give proofs EVEN IF I WILL NOT ACCOMPANY him...thanks everyone
with my understanding once you declare someone as common-law you must really fill out and both must sign on the statutory declaration of common law and have it notarized.. eventually when you fill that out you must also provide proofs. I would should say better address your concern on the general sponsorship thread and call PMM's attention for his very reliable advice.

Quebec_visitor

Feb 4, 2012
Quebec
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
October 2011
I hope all ur visa will be granted. Please inform us if ever result is given. Me, Im in the same boat but i can`t file my papers now because i still need papers for divorce here in Canada. But im only eligible to get divorce here in Canada on May 2. That would be my 1 year of residency here. Tagal pa yun but its ok because im with my partner and my baby here. But miss my 2 kids in Phils.

emrn

Jun 8, 2011
Makati City, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
13-12-2011
Med's Request
13-12-2012 (remeds)
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April 19, 2013
Quebec_visitor said:
I hope all ur visa will be granted. Please inform us if ever result is given. Me, Im in the same boat but i can`t file my papers now because i still need papers for divorce here in Canada. But im only eligible to get divorce here in Canada on May 2. That would be my 1 year of residency here. Tagal pa yun but its ok because im with my partner and my baby here. But miss my 2 kids in Phils.
hi ur in canada na? How did u get there? inisponsoran ka din ba ng partner mo?

Quebec_visitor

Feb 4, 2012
Quebec
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
October 2011
emrn said:
hi ur in canada na? How did u get there? inisponsoran ka din ba ng partner mo?
Yes im in Canada now on Visitor visa. Kaka extend ko lng ng visa ko. alam mo ba 3x ako dineny for tourist visa beforebut we dont stop appying until we get it... ngaun this is my 2nd time na punta dito as tourist...and yes my partner will sponsor me kaso nid ko pa divorce papers kaht man lang daw proof na nag file ako ng divorce or annulment... so divorce muna sa tingin namin ...un na lang need ko na papers and custody papers ng kids ko para maka pag submit na rin ako.....inform mo ko ha what is ur result...