+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Has any university teacher, professor or postdoc (NOC 4011) received a work permit since covid (after March 2020)?

Alisa-Fin

Aug 27, 2020
Category........
WP
Hi there

would like to hear if anyone has received a work permit or knows someone who has, during covid (after March 18, 2020) under NOC 4011 (usually LMIA exempt)?
Either urgent processing or regular.

And if so, what the total time has been to receive the WP (and which country they were from)?

Also would love to hear of anyone under NOC 4011 having applied but still waiting for their WP.

My details are:
I submitted my LMIA exempt WP application (NOC 4011) on July 8
No updates since then (shows processing background check).
I am from Finland and my contract starts Sept 1, 2020.

harmeet1990

Jul 28, 2020
Hi there

would like to hear if anyone has received a work permit or knows someone who has, during covid (after March 18, 2020) under NOC 4011 (usually LMIA exempt)?

And if so, what the total time has been to receive the WP (and which country they were from)?

Also would love to hear of anyone under NOC 4011 having applied but still waiting for their WP.

My details are:
I applied for closed WP for NOC4011 from Germany on 18th April and completed biometric on 4th June. Still no response. The online status is stuck at "processing background check)".

Alisa-Fin

Aug 27, 2020
Category........
WP
it appears that IRCC is not processing WP application from outside USA or Canada.
Well that¨s discouraging. Shouldnt they let people know? I am sure I am not the only one with my life on hold waiting to get the approval so I can move across.

vsmkrm298

Star Member
Jul 6, 2020
USA
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi there

My details are:
I also applied for the same from the US. I submitted my application on June 22nd and gave biometrics on July 21st. Ya, I am also waiting for the visa to move on to my next phase of life. I recently graduated, so can't even work in USA, essentially living on my savings here in USA. If they run out, it would be an interesting situation. My application also shows that background checking

Last edited:

thursd

Apr 12, 2020
I'm in the same boat. I applied from the US, complete application early July, and stuck in the 'processing background check' status. So frustrating that I can't start working even though everything is already done remotely.

vsmkrm298

Star Member
Jul 6, 2020
USA
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Ya, I know. The university that I will be attending is figuring out a way to pay me if work remotely and even though I am waiting for a work-permit and don't have SIN. They are still figuring out ways for this. As per the recent email, there seems to be a way if I have a canadian bank account like in RBC. But I still be wary until I get paid.

arunesh.vikram

Dec 31, 2019
Saskatoon
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
Nomination.....
05-02-2020
AOR Received.
27-01-2021
Med's Done....
30-08-2021
Passport Req..
19-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2022
LANDED..........
28-01-2022
Ya, I know. The university that I will be attending is figuring out a way to pay me if work remotely and even though I am waiting for a work-permit and don't have SIN. They are still figuring out ways for this. As per the recent email, there seems to be a way if I have a canadian bank account like in RBC. But I still be wary until I get paid.
Hey i am in similar situations. Kindly update me what solution your employer establishes to pay you. Even my employer indicated that they welcome any viable option from my side.

tusan

Aug 28, 2020
I hope your university will find a way. May I ask where are you from and which university are you going to? I guess they can always pay in cheque and I hope it can be a solution for all of us...

Alisa-Fin

Aug 27, 2020
Category........
WP
I hope your university will find a way. May I ask where are you from and which university are you going to? I guess they can always pay in cheque and I hope it can be a solution for all of us...
I actually have to be in Canada to do my research so I care less about getting paid, and much more about getting in Canada. Super frustrating, IRCC or whoever processes ny application does not seem to care

vsmkrm298

Star Member
Jul 6, 2020
USA
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
I am an Indian guy in USA. I will be joining UBC Vancouver

sami26

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-10-2022
AOR Received.
09-10-2022
I also graduated in March and applied for my work permit (Postdoc) on March 18, 2020. I got the updates in my application only in August and now have passed my medical test, and have also received the biometric correspondence letter. There has been no update since. I am still waiting and hope will get my visa soon and get back to work.

tusan

Aug 28, 2020
I actually have to be in Canada to do my research so I care less about getting paid, and much more about getting in Canada. Super frustrating, IRCC or whoever processes ny application does not seem to care
I see, it's difficult then. I don't think it will be possible for us to do remote work and getting paid either. It seems like they are processing applications from March, I hope you can find a solution with your university.