+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HARP CERTIFICATION FOR FOREIGN TRAINED DENTISTS

Sep 11, 2017
Hi,
I am an internationally trained dentist and recently moved to canada on PR. I was looking forward to do the HARP certification to work as a dental assistant in Toronto.

I know about a course at George brown college but that is full for this summer and they do not have another one till September.

Can anyone tell me the direct way to submit documents to XRIS or ministry of health Ontario in North York?
How to send documents they need and how to make the required courses outline.
Do we need our university to send that directly or can we make it ourselves?

I would appreciate help because it would almost impossible to find work if there's no certification with me.

Thank you.

Reactions: Wolverine17

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
Hi,
I am an internationally trained dentist and recently moved to canada on PR. I was looking forward to do the HARP certification to work as a dental assistant in Toronto.

I know about a course at George brown college but that is full for this summer and they do not have another one till September.

Can anyone tell me the direct way to submit documents to XRIS or ministry of health Ontario in North York?

I would appreciate help because it would almost impossible to find work if there's no certification with me.

Thank you.
Keep me
Updated am
Also interested

milansoft115

Jun 4, 2019
Hi,

Thank you.
Hi, I am in same situation. I will be very thankful if you can share your experience. Did you took course from George brown or is there any way of getting HARP certified by sending documents to XRIS or ministry of health?

alidonkaka6

Dec 22, 2021
Hello, I'm in the same boat as you. If you could share your experience, it would be fantastic. Is there a method to get HARP certified by providing documentation to XRIS or the Ministry of Health without taking a course from George Brown?

Sai Varshitha

Jan 16, 2022
Hi, did anyone find the solution. Iam also in the same boat. I want to know how much it costs to complete the cerification from George brown College

pramesh590

May 2, 2022
Hello all, I am an internationally trained dentist and moved to Canada on PR. I was looking forward to doing the HARP certification to work as a dental assistant in Toronto. I contacted and send documents to XRIS or ministry of health Ontario for harp certification and they told me to do some courses and then I will get certified but in Toronto, I saw only George brown college where the course is not available and said to look in the august webpage but always full.
XRIS told me colleges of dental assisting but the colleges don't teach the separate course. I am searching for colleges or training courses for harp certification.
Does anyone know about it? and also is there possible I can work as dental assistant without harp certified.

please help and share this thing.
thanks

Gur91

Star Member
Feb 26, 2019
Hello all, I am an internationally trained dentist and moved to Canada on PR. I was looking forward to doing the HARP certification to work as a dental assistant in Toronto. I contacted and send documents to XRIS or ministry of health Ontario for harp certification and they told me to do some courses and then I will get certified but in Toronto, I saw only George brown college where the course is not available and said to look in the august webpage but always full.
XRIS told me colleges of dental assisting but the colleges don't teach the separate course. I am searching for colleges or training courses for harp certification.
Does anyone know about it? and also is there possible I can work as dental assistant without harp certified.

thanks
Hi
There is willis college in ottawa. They offer separate HARP program

Sorlic23

Jun 22, 2023
I am in the same boat, could someone help me find information about HARP certification process?
Thanks in advanced
Hi Sanjana, If you have a PR then you can look at our program that the next intake starts September 2023. The course consists of 52 hrs for Theory and 35 hrs of clinic totally 87 hours in total and done over evenings and weekends. Here is the link where you can access more info from our website: https://sodentalcollege.com/academics/continuing-education/
Best,
Smiljana

Sorlic23

Jun 22, 2023

thanks
Hi Pramesh, If you have PR please check out our HARP certification that runs at least 3/4 times a year. Next intake is September 2023.
The course consists of 52 hrs for Theory and 35 hrs of clinic totally 87 hours in total and done over evenings and weekends. Here is the link where you can access more info from our website: https://sodentalcollege.com/academics/continuing-education/
Best,
Smiljana