+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Happy anniversary to those submitted on 10/12/2017 with no progress

dreamgarfield

Star Member
Sep 2, 2012
Got the response from the webform I sent on my day of anniversary ... nothing new, except this time they removed the 'rest assured we will do what we can to finish it within established time frame' lol
Now it's, " rest assured we never will make it in the established timeframe ". Nothing new from my side. Anybody any news?

ghatot201

Feb 8, 2013
Windsor, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
PER 08-03-2013
IELTS Request
8.0 Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-12-2014
Med's Request
06-01-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2014
LANDED..........
Canada since 2011, Landed
Now it's, " rest assured we never will make it in the established timeframe ". Nothing new from my side. Anybody any news?
Hang in there guys. Hope and pray you all get good news soon.

Seen12

Star Member
Feb 16, 2017
Hi guys,

I applied back in Oct 18, 2017. Single application from Edmonton. I did my test on March 29. I was asked to submit visa stamps translations at the interview. Translations were submitted in the same week.

Today I called the Call center ( a day before the one year anniversary). Same answer as usual, but today she mentioned that im still waiting on my residency check. (Her notes showed that it say not started).

How come residency check is not started. Since they already sent a letter requesting my passport stamps translation?

Only scenario I can think of is officer saw some stamps in different language, back in March. Then requested the stamps to be translated, then s/he put my file away to collect dust.

Can someone please help me understand the residency check process?

Seen12

Star Member
Feb 16, 2017
No it's not collecting dust. Residency check mean they doubt something about the time you spent in canada. They can send corresponds and do the different steps in different time. Until they send oath invite , nothing is final and they can ask for anything or check anything . requesting passport stamps has nothing to do with residency check.
Just wondering, is any of your stamps in last 5 yrs is not in english?
The stamps were from 2008 on my expired passport. She still insistead that I need them translated which I understand why. I don’t understand what’s there to doubt cuz I have huge buffer in days spent. But will see.

Ottawan

Nov 11, 2011
The stamps were from 2008 on my expired passport. She still insistead that I need them translated which I understand why. I don’t understand what’s there to doubt cuz I have huge buffer in days spent. But will see.
Now that is weird. Why would she have issues with 2008 stamps? I only got mine translated since 2012.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
After the anniversary I feel much calmer now - with that symbolic 12-month mark you always have something to look forward to, like Xmas or New Year's Eve/Day - you know it's coming and you know there are things to do to prepare for it, which adds anxiety and expectation. Now that I don't really have that day or deadline in mind, I have thought about it less and less. Maybe one day I will finally forget that I even applied..

Reactions: Seen12 and Ashnik

Ashnik

Sep 17, 2014
Got the response from web query today which I sent after 1 year anniversary.
No important information. I hope they really forwarded the message:

We verified the information you provided and have forwarded it to the responsible office.

They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application.
After the anniversary I feel much calmer now - with that symbolic 12-month mark you always have something to look forward to, like Xmas or New Year's Eve/Day - you know it's coming and you know there are things to do to prepare for it, which adds anxiety and expectation. Now that I don't really have that day or deadline in mind, I have thought about it less and less. Maybe one day I will finally forget that I even applied..
Same feeling.

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
Hi guys,

I applied back in Oct 18, 2017. Single application from Edmonton. I did my test on March 29. I was asked to submit visa stamps translations at the interview. Translations were submitted in the same week.

Today I called the Call center ( a day before the one year anniversary). Same answer as usual, but today she mentioned that im still waiting on my residency check. (Her notes showed that it say not started).

How come residency check is not started. Since they already sent a letter requesting my passport stamps translation?

Only scenario I can think of is officer saw some stamps in different language, back in March. Then requested the stamps to be translated, then s/he put my file away to collect dust.

Can someone please help me understand the residency check process?
You should translate the stamp but keep all the information you receive from them don’t delete anything and after you receive your citizenship file and appeal to receive your money back because they should be looking at the last 5 years and not the last 9 years.

Reactions: Seen12

Seen12

Star Member
Feb 16, 2017
Huge buffer don't make difference when question about residency. If you think through then you will realize, someone who is gonna try fraud way to gain citizenship, he is not gonna apply on 1096th day cause he knows he is faking and don't want to raise alarms. Those people will keep healthy buffer.
Huge buffer don't make difference when question about residency. If you think through then you will realize, someone who is gonna try fraud way to gain citizenship, he is not gonna apply on 1096th day cause he knows he is faking and don't want to raise alarms. Those people will keep healthy buffer.
Not sure what you are referring to. Specially since you have no clue what is my situation like. But thanks for your input.

dreamgarfield

Star Member
Sep 2, 2012
Hang in there guys. Hope and pray you all get good news soon.
Thank you.
We hope we all get good news soon.

You right the pressure with the symbolic mark is away but still, it doesn't feel right.

Absinthetx

Star Member
Jun 10, 2013
I think they put our applications away for now. Focusing on meeting 80% target for November folks.
When I called they said that part of my background check is done and part still in process..don’t know what the hell they meant by that and the processing officer gave the same response when the MP contacted the local office 2 weeks ago