+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Happy anniversary to those submitted on 10/12/2017 with no progress

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
this past week was Canada’s Citizenship week, and IRCC put a lot of efforts to show their achievement, including various oath ceremonies at all kinds of places, Twitter and Facebook feeds, etc, showcasing how much easier it’s to become citizen after their new rule. While it’s great for those who’s application got through the whole process within 6-8 months, for those who are still waiting after a year, it is not such a great experience to witness, which is more like adding salt to the wound. And of course there are several excuses we’ve all heard many times....

Reactions: sansnom and Mehran1

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
IRCC’s Twitter account responded to an user’s question on the extra long delay by saying : the established time line of 12 months are only for 80% of all the applicants while 20% will take longer.

So now the questions are
1. How are the 80% and 20% selected? Is there any transparency in the process? What’s the criteria to determine who gets processed first ?
2. Apparently many people got it done in 6-8 months or less, and instead of putting more resources to the 20% and reduce the backlog, the system seems to be moving along with the next 80%, so they can be done within 6-8 or less - what’s the logic behind this? If you are selling cake or bread, don’t you want to sell out all you have made before you make more?

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Sure among those 20% there are people who were selected for “quality control” or other reason that would need additional information, but there are also many of us who were never selected for this or received any request, and according to IRCC agent and GCMS report, already passed all the background checks, yet still see no movement after application was transferred to local office - which leads to another question about the IRCC myth: they keep saying background checks are done by external agencies such as CSIS and CBSA and the time it took us out of IRCC’s control - but if all the background checks are already done, as acknowledged by their agents themselves , then what’s the excuses for the non-existence of movement month after month while the 80% of next batch keep getting test and oath invitation?

Reactions: sansnom

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
20% of the whole pool of applicants may not sound that bad, but Canada is a country about fairness and equality , what’s so fair and equal about this process when people who paid equal amount of fee and met the same requirements, are being treated differently- 1 in 5 of all applicants that’s not getting the treatment that the other 4 are getting. And that’s not an excuse for us to be silent about it

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
there is probably not much we can do, and whateve we do may not make any difference at all, but that shouldn’t stop us from doing something - it’s our lives and we need to do our part to make things happen, in the end we know at least we have tried and have no regrets, otherwise it would just be wondering “what if I had done this ...”

Talk/write to your MP, post on Twitter and Facebook under IRCC .... let them know 1 in 5 applicants are not being treated fairly by them

ImageOfLight

Star Member
Mar 14, 2018
Keep your head up mate. At the very least you should get a bit more transparency from the IRCC call center agents now, since they can no longer give you the routine message anymore.

Reactions: itsmyid

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
there is probably not much we can do, and whateve we do may not make any difference at all, but that shouldn’t stop us from doing something - it’s our lives and we need to do our part to make things happen, in the end we know at least we have tried and have no regrets, otherwise it would just be wondering “what if I had done this ...”

Talk/write to your MP, post on Twitter and Facebook under IRCC .... let them know 1 in 5 applicants are not being treated fairly by them
Good show mate!

Reactions: itsmyid

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Even after a monumental increase in the FEES of processing....it's still pathetic how there's absolutely no accountability or transparency.
From $200 to $630, an increase of $430 and still damn long processing times.
And when you think about it, its mostly "waiting for its turn" that wastes time.
This "ancient" department needs to Digitalize everything. Have forms that generate barcodes and scan that and GET RID of each agent MANUALLY inputting data into system to create profiles. It takes damn long to send AOR. Make it quick. Just like they did with the IMM0008 which they made into barcoded/scannable to make it quick.
They no longer make those laminated cards, clearances are sent/done electronically. They should increase judges and increase staff.
They give priority to refugees and others rather than those who're here and paying taxes and fees.

Now it takes 70 days to receive a PR Card for a new landed immigrant. That's more than 2 months. It used to be 30 days.
Renewal is taking 79 days according to current processing times. Isn't that pathetic ??

When you know you're bringing in 300k+ people into the country, you gotta make sure the department responsible is capable to handle the issuance of cards and citizenships to 300k+ every year. But the govt doesn't care. Imagine if citizens had to wait 70 days for a passport so they could travel.

Service provided to people by the department is very very slow. No audits, no evaluations of this department at all.
We're just glad we;re done with this dept!

blueangel371115

Champion Member
May 24, 2012
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
13-01-2014
Doc's Request.
10-02-2014
AOR Received.
17-07-2014
File Transfer...
17-07-2014
Med's Done....
02-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2015 (returned 1/19 due to errors), 26-01-2015
LANDED..........
05-02-2015 Finally
Exactly, this department is a nightmare. People need to be fired an others retrained. I'm still bitter about the nightmare that was my PR application and my son's citizenship. They don't seem to know what they are doing or hiring people wholly unqualified to do the job. I can't wait until I'm done with them forever.

dreamgarfield

Star Member
Sep 2, 2012
Even after a monumental increase in the FEES of processing....it's still pathetic how there's absolutely no accountability or transparency.
From $200 to $630, an increase of $430 and still damn long processing times.
And when you think about it, its mostly "waiting for its turn" that wastes time.
This "ancient" department needs to Digitalize everything. Have forms that generate barcodes and scan that and GET RID of each agent MANUALLY inputting data into system to create profiles. It takes damn long to send AOR. Make it quick. Just like they did with the IMM0008 which they made into barcoded/scannable to make it quick.
They no longer make those laminated cards, clearances are sent/done electronically. They should increase judges and increase staff.
They give priority to refugees and others rather than those who're here and paying taxes and fees.

Now it takes 70 days to receive a PR Card for a new landed immigrant. That's more than 2 months. It used to be 30 days.
Renewal is taking 79 days according to current processing times. Isn't that pathetic ??

When you know you're bringing in 300k+ people into the country, you gotta make sure the department responsible is capable to handle the issuance of cards and citizenships to 300k+ every year. But the govt doesn't care. Imagine if citizens had to wait 70 days for a passport so they could travel.

Service provided to people by the department is very very slow. No audits, no evaluations of this department at all.
We're just glad we;re done with this dept!
Great post. I applied 1 year ago and today I still do not have any test invite. I totally agree the system is slow, very outdated and needs significant improvement. I have to apply to renew my PR card as it expires in less than a Months. I waited to renew as IRCC always promised it will be done in less than 12 Months. This department needs to train their people, all the same, do not promise to applicants anything if they do not know. I and I assume lot of us believed in the empty words from the call centre and webform answers even if they are copy and paste answers with little difference as our names. There is zero transparency and they even can not tell where your application is in which stage. In process but what stage of the process. Background checks should be done in a matter of days or maximum couple weeks but not Months. When did the processing officer work on your papers if it's Months back tell why? It is very frustrating and sad for many of us. I am very happy for everyone who got their citizenship in less than one year.

Reactions: blueangel371115

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
My friend's mother's PR card renewal received it's AOR after nearly 4-months.

/quote
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: Do Not Reply - Ne Pas Repondre <Client-update-mise-a-jour@cic.gc.ca>
Sent: Tuesday, October 9, 2018 4:30 PM
To: xyz@HOTMAIL.COM
Subject: Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada: R-------------
UCI: ------------
This confirms that your application for your Permanent Resident card has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2018/06/28.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
/endquote

blueangel371115

Champion Member
May 24, 2012
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
13-01-2014
Doc's Request.
10-02-2014
AOR Received.
17-07-2014
File Transfer...
17-07-2014
Med's Done....
02-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
05-02-2015 Finally
My friend's mother's PR card renewal received it's AOR after nearly 4-months.

/quote
From: Do Not Reply - Ne Pas Repondre <Client-update-mise-a-jour@cic.gc.ca>
Sent: Tuesday, October 9, 2018 4:30 PM
To: xyz@HOTMAIL.COM
Subject: Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada: R-------------
UCI: ------------
This confirms that your application for your Permanent Resident card has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2018/06/28.
/endquote
That's ridiculous. My PR application took four months and three calls from our MP to find it. Before I could even get AOR. A process that should have taken 28 days. I waited, they said give it six months but I felt it was long enough. They tried to claim they never got it ( first lesson, send signature required) then I checked and the next day I got AOR, with the date they received it dated 4 months prior. When I said I sent it. No apology, no explanation. It was during the period where outland applications were being put in the inland pile (which is slower). Since they never explained what happened, I'm guessing that what happened. I'm probably going to call them every month to double check for my citizenship. The people who did seem to get better results.

Reactions: qorax

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
That's ridiculous. My PR application took four months and three calls from our MP to find it. Before I could even get AOR. A process that should have taken 28 days. I waited, they said give it six months but I felt it was long enough. They tried to claim they never got it ( first lesson, send signature required) then I checked and the next day I got AOR, with the date they received it dated 4 months prior. When I said I sent it. No apology, no explanation. It was during the period where outland applications were being put in the inland pile (which is slower). Since they never explained what happened, I'm guessing that what happened. I'm probably going to call them every month to double check for my citizenship. The people who did seem to get better results.
I already know the excuses, you could hear, either from them or from those who were lucky enough to miss that kind of experience ...
“We have a lot of applications to process and some files will be processed later than others “
“Some steps are done by external agencies and not under our control”
“We are working very hard already so just shut the f up!”

Reactions: blueangel371115

blueangel371115

Champion Member
May 24, 2012
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
13-01-2014
Doc's Request.
10-02-2014
AOR Received.
17-07-2014
File Transfer...
17-07-2014
Med's Done....
02-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
05-02-2015 Finally
Yeah, pretty much. It be more for me than anything. It's like 6 pages of paper. Hire more people and/or train them properly, then applicants won't be calling. They'll trust it's done properly and in a timely manner. I'm hoping my next experience with them is better, but it remains to be seen. I don't like feeling like I have to harass them or they'll sit on my form in favor of someone who does. Which is how I feel. But then again, the PM and Immigration minister are different, so I probably should have a little more faith.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Just got off the phone with the IRCC AGENT after 12 months and 2 days since submission- was told she’s going to send an email to Mississauga office , that’s about it ...