+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H4 Dropbox - Ottawa, Canada

canadapr1982

Jul 17, 2017
Hello All,

I have few questions before I will start for my spouse H4 visa application:

1. Since my spouse is Canada PR, Is she eligible for dropbox? She has Last H4 visa stamped in India in 2019.
2. Can I use my I-797 for her H4 visa stamping?? Since when my H1B extension was approved couple of months ago, I didn't filed her H4 extension in USA.

Below are the statements in the website which qualify for dropbox:

Are you traveling from another country to
apply for a U.S. visa in Canada? I put No on this question since my wife is in Canada only.

Qualifying statements applicable to citizens or nationals of the countries that are part of the Visa Waiver Program (VWP).
  • Applicant is a national or permanent resident of the country in which the applicant is applying, and
  • Applicant has previously traveled to the United States on Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) and has no prior ESTA denials, and ??
  • Applicant has NOT been refused a visa application in the past or if refused, a new visa has been issued after the refusal, and
  • Applicant answered 'NO' to all the Medical and Health, Criminal, Security or Immigration Law Violation questions on the DS-160 visa application for

• Qualifying statements applicable to citizens or nationals of countries that are NOT part of the Visa Waiver Program (VWP).
    • Applicant is a national or permanent resident of the country in which the applicant is applying, and
    • Applicant has been previously issued a U.S. visa (any class of visa), and
    • Applicant submitted ten fingerprints when the previous U.S. visa was issued, and
    • Applicant answered 'NO' to all of the Medical and Health, Criminal, Security or Immigration Law Violation questions on the DS-160 visa application form

• What you guys think is she eligible for dropbox ?
    • Very confusing about the statements.

• I am confuse whether she is eligible for dropbox or interview.

Last edited:

Krish768

Jun 20, 2022
Hey what did you end of doing? I am in a similar situation except this is first h4 stamping for my spouse (Canadian PR holder). She has a previous b1/b2 visa.

devregati

Star Member
May 16, 2022
Hi All,

I would like to provide an update on our H1+H4 visa renewal process via dropbox at Ottawa.

June 20: Dropped off at Post Office in Ottawa
June 21: Delivered (according to Canada Post)
June 24: DS-160 Status Application Received
June 27: Administrative Processing
June 28: Issued
June 29: Tracking number provided. Package picked up by Canada Post in the afternoon.
June 30: Delivered to Ottawa Post Office and available for pickup. Picked up passports.

To be honest, I have been really lucky and did not expect to happen this fast. We had planned to be in Canada for 4-6 weeks. So for those still planning to drop off, you might want to keep this in mind.

Last but not the least, I would like to thank this community especially @harirajmohan @kris72 @ripster85 @Cedya @neha.ss for clarifying doubts, answered questions and providing the much needed emotional support. Sorry if I missed anyone else.

Let me know if you have any questions!

mihirshelar

Jan 15, 2019
Hi All,

I would like to provide an update on our H1+H4 visa renewal process via dropbox at Ottawa.

June 20: Dropped off at Post Office in Ottawa
June 21: Delivered (according to Canada Post)
June 24: DS-160 Status Application Received
June 27: Administrative Processing
June 28: Issued
June 29: Tracking number provided. Package picked up by Canada Post in the afternoon.
June 30: Delivered to Ottawa Post Office and available for pickup. Picked up passports.

To be honest, I have been really lucky and did not expect to happen this fast. We had planned to be in Canada for 4-6 weeks. So for those still planning to drop off, you might want to keep this in mind.

Last but not the least, I would like to thank this community especially @harirajmohan @kris72 @ripster85 @Cedya @neha.ss for clarifying doubts, answered questions and providing the much needed emotional support. Sorry if I missed anyone else.

Let me know if you have any questions!
Thank you so much for the updates.
Did you have to send two packages separately for h1 and h4 or did it go into one package to Canada post ?

mihirshelar

Jan 15, 2019
No sent it in a single package
When i filled out the application via https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/niv/ and created a courier receipt it has actually created 6 pages which has a separate shipping pages for me and my wife, i believe i should take it all to the canada post and still ship it as a single package?

Here is list of documents am planning to send along

1. My Passport
2. Wifes Passport
3. DS160 - Mine
4. DS160 - Wife
5. One 5 x 5 cm (2 x 2 inches) color photo taken within the last 6 months. Further details regarding Department of State photo guidelines can be found at: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/photos.html.
6. Marriage certificate
7. My canadian PR card
8. Wifes canadian PR card
9. My copy of instructions page
10. Wifes copy of instructions page
11 . My i797
12. Wifes i797

Am i missing anything ?

devregati

Star Member
May 16, 2022
When i filled out the application via https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/niv/ and created a courier receipt it has actually created 6 pages which has a separate shipping pages for me and my wife, i believe i should take it all to the canada post and still ship it as a single package?

Here is list of documents am planning to send along

1. My Passport
2. Wifes Passport
3. DS160 - Mine
4. DS160 - Wife
5. One 5 x 5 cm (2 x 2 inches) color photo taken within the last 6 months. Further details regarding Department of State photo guidelines can be found at: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/photos.html.
6. Marriage certificate
7. My canadian PR card
8. Wifes canadian PR card
9. My copy of instructions page
10. Wifes copy of instructions page
11 . My i797
12. Wifes i797

Am i missing anything ?
your 797 is sufficient since her h4 is based on your h1. photocopy of pr card is required not the actual card(s) itself