+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B visa appointment availability

dry.00

Oct 4, 2018
I got an email this morning from US consulate Toronto saying that my passport has been released. CEAC confirmed that my visa has been issued.
At 3 pm, Canada Post picked up my passport.
Estimated to be delivered to Windsor on Tuesday next week.

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
Submitted documents for dopbox and they reached October 8th. Status still not updated and shows as no status. It is taking two to three weeks just to show status received for people who sent recently. If you can get an appointment it would most likely be much quicker

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Hi All - I've an H1B visa appointment (first time stamping) coming up on November 15th at the US embassy in Vancouver. I would like to clarify few questions before that. Any help or leads would be truly appreciated.

1. Would I be eligible for a drop box in India after my first stamping in Canada?
2. Do we need to bring US passport size photos during visa interview?
3. Considering less than a month remaining now for the appointment, should I still expect cancellation or rescheduling from the embassy? I will be flying from the US, so just trying to avoid travel cancellations. Have anyone seen or heard about someone who has got cancellation in less than a month time? Please let me know
4. I just noticed CBSA officers didn't put an immigration stamp on my passport when I completed my soft landing this year. Is it fine as I haven't entered the country and returned to the US from the border itself or Is this something that needs to be addressed?

Thanks in advance!
Varun
1. This thing, no one knows as you have to findout with people who have done this or the rules might changes once situations become normal(pre-pandemic).
2. Not needed.
3.Cancellations are not happening now. They are conducting interviews as per the people in this forum who have updated here. But these people are residents of Canada not sure about appointments of Non-residents.
4.They will stamp once you move permanently. Not an issue.

Sree G

Sep 28, 2021
Submitted documents for dopbox and they reached October 8th. Status still not updated and shows as no status. It is taking two to three weeks just to show status received for people who sent recently. If you can get an appointment it would most likely be much quicker
Hi Maverick ,
Was your dropbox documents sent to Ottawa or Toronoto ? Just wondering if all dropbox applications go to ottawa or does it vary . I just dropped mine this morning on Oct 19 . 2-3 weeks for just status of recieved is scary :( .

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
Hi Maverick ,
Was your dropbox documents sent to Ottawa or Toronoto ? Just wondering if all dropbox applications go to ottawa or does it vary . I just dropped mine this morning on Oct 19 . 2-3 weeks for just status of recieved is scary :( .
I sent it to Ottawa. If you live in GTA you have to send it to Toronto, those in Queubec or in Ottawa jurisdiction have to send to Ottawa. Toronto seems to be faster than Ottawa and for few people it is taking 2-3 weeks there but in general dropbox is slow for most. Agree, 2 to 3 weeks is a lot. A receipt notice would calm nerves since we send our original passport. I will keep updating here as I hear from people. I know 3 people who have sent to Ottawa , for one it took 2 weeks and for other it took 3 weeks just to say received.

Akshay14

Sep 1, 2021
I sent it to Ottawa. If you live in GTA you have to send it to Toronto, those in Queubec or in Ottawa jurisdiction have to send to Ottawa. Toronto seems to be faster than Ottawa and for few people it is taking 2-3 weeks there but in general dropbox is slow for most. Agree, 2 to 3 weeks is a lot. A receipt notice would calm nerves since we send our original passport. I will keep updating here as I hear from people. I know 3 people who have sent to Ottawa , for one it took 2 weeks and for other it took 3 weeks just to say received.
@maverick1982 - Are you a Canadian PR holder and did you apply for dropbox while residing in Canada or submitted your DS160 in US and then traveled to drop your passport ? I ask because I am currently in US with approved I 797 and have an open work permit. I am planning to travel to Canada next month and then submit my DS160 hoping I get dropbox while I stay with my spouse there. Do you know anyone who is a temporary resident but was able to get visa renewed via dropbox in Canada recently?

Akshay14

Sep 1, 2021
Hi Maverick ,
@Sree G - Can you please share if you are a Canadian PR holder and did you apply for dropbox while residing in Canada or submitted your DS160 in US and then traveled to drop your passport ?

maverick1982

Oct 4, 2018
I am residing in Canada and applied within Canada. If you are traveling to Canada for stamping, what address will you provide? Canadian or US. You need an ID with the address listed to pick up passport. A US address may lead to doubts but may or may not be an issue. I'll let others clarify.

@maverick1982 - Are you a Canadian PR holder and did you apply for dropbox while residing in Canada or submitted your DS160 in US and then traveled to drop your passport ? I ask because I am currently in US with approved I 797 and have an open work permit. I am planning to travel to Canada next month and then submit my DS160 hoping I get dropbox while I stay with my spouse there. Do you know anyone who is a temporary resident but was able to get visa renewed via dropbox in Canada recently?

Akshay14

Sep 1, 2021
I am residing in Canada and applied within Canada. If you are traveling to Canada for stamping, what address will you provide? Canadian or US. You need an ID with the address listed to pick up passport. A US address may lead to doubts but may or may not be an issue. I'll let others clarify.
Thanks @maverick1982, My spouse in working in Canada and I can provide his Canada address. If I choose expedited delivery for the passport, I believe I will not have to go for pickup but the passport will be delivered to my Canada address. Can you think of any other step which requires an ID with Canada address (either during appointment booking or for any document submission)?