+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B visa appointment availability

haripriya1012

Aug 12, 2019
People commute once in a month too and little far from border. Its not a problem of 4 hours drive once in a week or few weeks. Not sure what security reason you are quoting here. Its your plan hence whichever works best you can proceed with.

We dont know when the pandemic will end and when the quarantine will be removed. Reason: Hardly 70% will get vaccinated(since rest dont want to) and the spread will exist for 2-3+ years as per my thinking hence not sure when there will be prepandemic days without any restriction. For working in US, there is no quarantine/testing and you dont need more than this. If you want to have complete normal borders then i see that this requirement is irrelevant for you to seek for commuting since commuters are exempted from test as well as quarantine.
By security I meant, he cannot use his laptop outside US which would be a security violation.

But, I understand your point. Thank you Hari!

Reactions: harirajmohan

despairedh1b

Star Member
Oct 7, 2018
I did my soft-landing back in 2020 and haven't moved permanently yet (waiting for my girlfriend's COPR - we plan to move together). Once she gets her COPR sometime this August or so:

1) Can I land with her? What kind of questions / issues can I expect at the Canadian border if I mention I am waiting to move with my girlfriend that's why I haven't permanently moved? Will they expect to see my Goods to Follow since my soft landing last year?
2) My VISA has expired but I have approved i-797 till 2023 - Assuming I can use AVR to return to USA? [If I don't go for stamping]
3) If we do choose to go for stamping and a little trip within Canada, even if we travel by road, we can only do so after 14 days?

Appreciate the responses.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
I did my soft-landing back in 2020 and haven't moved permanently yet (waiting for my girlfriend's COPR - we plan to move together). Once she gets her COPR sometime this August or so:

1) Can I land with her? What kind of questions / issues can I expect at the Canadian border if I mention I am waiting to move with my girlfriend that's why I haven't permanently moved? Will they expect to see my Goods to Follow since my soft landing last year?
2) My VISA has expired but I have approved i-797 till 2023 - Assuming I can use AVR to return to USA? [If I don't go for stamping]
3) If we do choose to go for stamping and a little trip within Canada, even if we travel by road, we can only do so after 14 days?

Appreciate the responses.
1. Yes you can move to Canada while she lands as primary applicant is already landed hence you can make multiple trips with others/individually(doesnt matter if the other member is for landing or not).
No specific questions. Few officers might ask on why you havent moved and you can give the same actual reason.
If you have your stamped goods to follow list then take it. Or lese you should have prepare new list with approx value for the officer to inspect to keep it handy.
2. Yes as long as you have valid I94 now and enter within every 30 days to US.
3. Within canada, even after quarantine, it depends on whether you area is under lockdown or not. So during lockdown you can only make essential trips to store/hospital/somewhere within your area.

jups

Jun 3, 2021
Hi,

I'm looking for appointments in Canada, wondering how some members are able to check availability dates, without submitting the DS-160. Can you please let me know how you can find-out appointment dates without submitting DS160?

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Hi,

I'm looking for appointments in Canada, wondering how some members are able to check availability dates, without submitting the DS-160. Can you please let me know how you can find-out appointment dates without submitting DS160?
You need to open an account pay the fee, select an embassy and punch in your ds160 number along with other details to look for dates. Unlike UStraveldocs site, here you can book the slot even without submitting ds-160 form.

Reactions: jups

canadapr1982

Jul 17, 2017
You need to open an account pay the fee, select an embassy and punch in your ds160 number along with other details to look for dates. Unlike UStraveldocs site, here you can book the slot even without submitting ds-160 form.
Hello, right now which us consulate in canada has appointments?how soon we get an appointment?

gmaple07

Jun 7, 2021
Hi Folks ! Looking for availability information for visa appointments in Toronto. From the website- they mention Limited services are available - any idea on what is considered limited services ?

dublin_gsw

Apr 21, 2021
I am also in similar situation (although I have managed to schedule my interview in October 2021). I currently use AVR to go to MI for work on as need basis. My initial thought was the availability of AVR will mean that they would not qualify me as someone who needs emergency appointment, right?
Hi - if you can provide information on since when , and How often are you travelling on AVR? - Is there a limitation on frequency of travelling on AVR. Do they stamp I-94 everytime when you cross border?

surbee

Star Member
Mar 6, 2019
Everyone, I applied for emergency visa appointment due to family seperation 2 weeks back and had my interview yesterday. Got the approval. Thanks for help.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Everyone, I applied for emergency visa appointment due to family seperation 2 weeks back and had my interview yesterday. Got the approval. Thanks for help.
Great. Congrats on your approval. How did your interview go? and when and where was this scheduled? can you breifly post it here.
thanks.

surbee

Star Member
Mar 6, 2019
Great. Congrats on your approval. How did your interview go? and when and where was this scheduled? can you breifly post it here.
thanks.
Interview was very basic. As it was H4, just asked questions about spouse employment. It was in Vancouver. Regular appt scheduled for May 24, applied for expedited and got it for June 9.

Reactions: swan0206