+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B Stamping Dropbox in Canada

Nil007

Mar 5, 2022
Really not sure. This is a new scenario. Better check with the consulate by emailing them.
Thank you, I emailed, waiting, mostly for him (as citizen) no need to apply visa & will get at POE, but I have no idea about the process, still searching & asked consulate too.

bakkad2

Apr 8, 2018
Hello,
As per the questionnaire, me (PR holder - H1B) & my wife (PR holder - H4) would be eligible for Canada Dropbox but my son is 2.5 years old, was born in Canada. As per the questionnaire, as this is his first visa in any category, so will he have to go for in-person interview or there is any criteria or anyway we can submit his documents for dropbox too? Appreciate your insight or direction on this. Thank you!!
Canadian citizens don't need a visa to enter US irrespective of visa type/status (new/renewal). Period.Your son doesn't need any interview and will get H4 at port of entry.

sharadrast

Oct 4, 2018
how long did it took for you to get your passport back?
Did it go into administrative processing?
My application was received on Nov 5 and it went into administrative processing on nov 15.
Hi, how long did it take for you to get your passport back after being put in for administrative processing?

pawal3

Jul 9, 2019
You can schedule visa stamping while sitting in USA.

If you search now for dates,

A. If you are not a PR, your sooner date will be Jan 2023.

B. If you are a PR (after landing), your sooner date will be 2022 March or April. System will decide whether dropbox or interview. You can not select. Unlike India, no appointment required for dropbox.
You mentioned "Unlike India, no appointment required for dropbox. " is this still the case?

chetan8785

Aug 9, 2019
Hello,
I am Canadian PR holder and planning to get my stamping. My previous stamping was in Toronto Canada and currently eligible for drobox.

Q1; What are the documents required for H1B Drop Box in Canada? Below are the list of documents in the instructions. Apart from these documents what other documents I need? Additionally I have included Paystubs , W2& IT Returns, Employment verification Letter.

General Required Documents - For All Visa Types The following documents are required for all visa types:
1. Current Passport valid for travel to the United States. The passport must be valid for at least six months beyond the period of stay in the United States.
2. Passport containing the most recently issued U.S. visa (if applicable).
3. Nonimmigrant Visa Application, Form DS-160 confirmation page.
4. Confirmation and Instructions page printed from this website
5. One 5 x 5 cm (2 x 2 inches) color photo taken within the last 6 months. F
6. Accompanying family members, unless entering the United States for another purpose, should present a marriage certificate (spouse) and/or birth certificate (for unmarried children under 21), as applicable.
7. Copy of proof of your legal status in Canada

Q2. If I send my document via FEDEX instead of Canada Post than the document will be returned via Canada Post or do I have to send them return envelop in the FEDEX packet ??

pk2711

Jan 15, 2020
Hello. I have a question on getting my H1B Stamped in India. I have a CoPR and a Entry visa stamped on my passport for Canada. When filling out DS 160 do I need to mention that I am a PR for Canada? From what I read online, one will need to land in Canada and complete the landing formalities to activate the PR card process. So to ensure that all the information is correctly mentioned on my DS 160, do I say "No" to PR of any country? I will be going for an in person interview at a Consulate in India as dropbox is not an option for me. I have the Canada entry visa on my passport and I am not sure if this might come across as not mentioning all details correctly on DS 160. Any one any idea about this? @legalfalcon

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Hello. I have a question on getting my H1B Stamped in India. I have a CoPR and a Entry visa stamped on my passport for Canada. When filling out DS 160 do I need to mention that I am a PR for Canada? From what I read online, one will need to land in Canada and complete the landing formalities to activate the PR card process. So to ensure that all the information is correctly mentioned on my DS 160, do I say "No" to PR of any country? I will be going for an in person interview at a Consulate in India as dropbox is not an option for me. I have the Canada entry visa on my passport and I am not sure if this might come across as not mentioning all details correctly on DS 160. Any one any idea about this? @legalfalcon
Yes, that is true what you have read. You haven't become a PR yet. You need to complete the landing formalities and then only you are considered as a PR of Canada. you can go ahead and say "No" to that question.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
You only become a PR when you land in Canada and are admitted as a PR. Until then, you are a foreign national with a COPR.

Reactions: pk2711

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hi All - I've a question regarding registration/creating an account on the visa appointment portal (https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/niv/users/sign_in). Just to give you a brief background I have received my first H1B stamp from the US embassy in Vancouver. To book an interview appointment at that time, I've registered on the above mentioned visa appointment portal i.e. https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/niv/users/sign_in

Now, I've got the H1B extension and planning to get a stamp from Canada again. My question is:

Do I need to create a new account on the visa appointment portal or Can I use my existing account and add a new applicant in it for myself? Reason I am asking this is, If I will use my existing account and add a new applicant in it, the system would not ask again the below which is asked at the time of new registration.

1. "I am a Non canadian citizen residing in the US and want to apply for a visa"
2. "I am a Non Canadian Citizen residing in Canada who has completed the U.S. Nonimmigrant Visa Application (DS-160) form and want to apply for a visa."
etc.

Since my situation is still the same when I first registered on the visa appointment portal i.e. "I am a non canadian citizen residing in the US and applying for a US visa". Just wanted to clarify, Is it fine if I don't create a new account and use the existing account to add the new applicant OR Do I need to create a new account this time?

Would be really helpful if anyone could please clarify? Thanks!
Use existing account.
I think that you just need to add new group and add member and proceed in same way like earlier.
I use same account for other family members for other type of visas too.

Reactions: varungoel99

Anks86

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
Boston, U.S.A
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-09-2019
AOR Received.
03-09-2019
Med's Done....
16-09-2019
Hi, my wife and I are applying for H1 and H4 visas through dropbox in Toronto. How long is it taking to get the passports back after stamping?

devregati

Star Member
May 16, 2022
Hi, my wife and I are applying for H1 and H4 visas through dropbox in Toronto. How long is it taking to get the passports back after stamping?
4-6 weeks for pretty much all consulates across Canada the last time I heard. More towards 6 weeks for Toronto.

Reactions: Jazmin2569

JustBal

Feb 27, 2021
Hello,

I'm in a similar situation.
I have Canada pr and working in USA on H1B. I with my spouse recently went to Canada and landed as PR. I stayed in Canada for 3 weeks and came back to USA using the automatic revalidation(expired VISA but valid i797). My wife stayed back in Canada. Now I want to go back again after few weeks, but this time I wanted to get the stamping done in canada so that I can stay longer( AVR rule to enter USA can be used only if I come back with 30 days).

From comments here from everyone I get that we get dropbox option based on answers to the questionnaire at the time of appointment booking.
There is a question " Did you travel from another country to apply for US visa in Canada?"
If I say Yes, doesnt it mean Im not a resident of Canada and disqualify me from getting dropbox?

To an earlier question, where it aske for country of PR, I mentioned Canada. Is this enough to secure dropbox.
Thanks for reading and will appreciate your feedback.

devregati

Star Member
May 16, 2022
Hello,

I'm in a similar situation.
I have Canada pr and working in USA on H1B. I with my spouse recently went to Canada and landed as PR. I stayed in Canada for 3 weeks and came back to USA using the automatic revalidation(expired VISA but valid i797). My wife stayed back in Canada. Now I want to go back again after few weeks, but this time I wanted to get the stamping done in canada so that I can stay longer( AVR rule to enter USA can be used only if I come back with 30 days).

From comments here from everyone I get that we get dropbox option based on answers to the questionnaire at the time of appointment booking.
There is a question " Did you travel from another country to apply for US visa in Canada?"
If I say Yes, doesnt it mean Im not a resident of Canada and disqualify me from getting dropbox?

To an earlier question, where it aske for country of PR, I mentioned Canada. Is this enough to secure dropbox.
Thanks for reading and will appreciate your feedback.
Yes, as far as I know that should be good enough. Make sure you have your PR card with you.

JustBal

Feb 27, 2021
I have not got PR card yet, but have stamped COPR.
Anyone who recently got a Dropbox in similar situation ?
While trying to book on the https://ais.usvisa-info.com/ site, I found by trial that if you answer "Yes" to the question- " Are you travelling from another country to apply for US visa in Canada", then at the top point 4 becomes -"Book appointment". I also see latest availability of slots in the right side.

But If I answer No to the same question then point 4 becomes "Register to send Documents". Which means dropbox.

But since Im a PR holder and also have my name on a canadian lease agreement, can I say "no" although I dont per se live permanently in canada.