Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
While trying to book on the https://ais.usvisa-info.com/ site, I found by trial that if you answer "Yes" to the question- " Are you travelling from another country to apply for US visa in Canada", then at the top point 4 becomes -"Book appointment". I also see latest availability of slots in the right side.

But If I answer No to the same question then point 4 becomes "Register to send Documents". Which means dropbox.

But since Im a PR holder and also have my name on a canadian lease agreement, can I say "no" although I dont per se live permanently in canada.
Its nothing to do with having PR or not. Its about if you are resident in Canada. Having document doesnt mean you are resident.
Per me, if you reside in US then you should say Yes to "are you traveling from another country to apply for visa in Canada".

JustBal

Feb 27, 2021
Its nothing to do with having PR or not. Its about if you are resident in Canada. Having document doesnt mean you are resident.
Per me, if you reside in US then you should say Yes to "are you traveling from another country to apply for visa in Canada".
Yes. That’s what I fear. But my plan is to stay couple of months in Canada and then maybe come back for few weeks to USA and the go back again.
So maintain residency in both Canada and US. I work from home and my employer is fine with me working remotely from Canada.

pawal3

Jul 9, 2019
, I sent documents and passport for stamping to Toronto consulate on April 21. Its been over 6 weeks and the application is still showing status as “ Application Received “ since April 26. Is anyone else in same situation. Please share your timelines and suggestions if any.
P.S. I am PR holder in Canada.

Reactions: Jazmin2569

stscorcher

Jun 9, 2022
, I sent documents and passport for stamping to Toronto consulate on April 21. Its been over 6 weeks and the application is still showing status as “ Application Received “ since April 26. Is anyone else in same situation. Please share your timelines and suggestions if any.
I am on the same timeline as you are..

Application Received: 28th April 2022
Consulate: Toronto

No updates since then!!
Calling customer support no luck!
Sending email only to get Dear Applicant we cant share specific information on your case reply !!!

Will greatly appreciate any and all suggestions!!

Reactions: Jazmin2569

karthik2479

Apr 19, 2017
@pawal3 Any update on your application? Has the visa been issued? Would be good if you can share your status - me and couple of others are around Apr 26 - 29 and have not seen any updates yet.

preethi826

Feb 25, 2021
Hi! I am a new Canadian Permanent Resident and I am eligible for Dropbox for my H1B extension stamping (First H1B was done in India). Does anyone know what are the required docs to prove my Canadian PR status for Dropbox eligibility ? I was told that PR cards are taking almost 4 months to be mailed, so I’m wondering if I can submit a copy of my Confirmation of permanent residence (CoPR) document to prove my PR status and be eligible for Dropbox.
I'm in the same boat. Have you done the stamping? do they agree with COPR? Also how long does it takes to get the passport?

preethi826

Feb 25, 2021
You can schedule visa stamping while sitting in USA.

If you search now for dates,

A. If you are not a PR, your sooner date will be Jan 2023.

B. If you are a PR (after landing), your sooner date will be 2022 March or April. System will decide whether dropbox or interview. You can not select. Unlike India, no appointment required for dropbox.
Do they agree with COPR? Also how long does it takes to get the passport?

preethi826

Feb 25, 2021
How does dropbox in Canada work? Do we have to go handover the documents in person or can we mail it?
I am currently in the US. If I meet all requirements and get eligible for dropbox I am wondering if I can mail all documents from the US or do I have to go to Canada to do dropbox?
I got the dropbox option in Canada. were you able to mail from the USA?

azharhit47

Dec 11, 2018
Hi, I have canadian PR. I want to get my FIRST H1b stamping in canada. H1b petition was approved in US. (F1 to H1). I have expired F1 visa stamp on my passport. Am I eligible for dropbox in canada or do I have to get appointment ?