+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B Stamping Dropbox in Canada

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
How does dropbox in Canada work? Do we have to go handover the documents in person or can we mail it?
I am currently in the US. If I meet all requirements and get eligible for dropbox I am wondering if I can mail all documents from the US or do I have to go to Canada to do dropbox?
For Dropbox in Canada you can mail the documents. However, you have to be inside Canada to do this. You cannot do it from US.

shr89

Jul 1, 2019
Anyone know how long is it taking currently for H1B Dropbox processing in Canada? either Toronto or Ottawa consulate.

shr89

Jul 1, 2019
Is there any documentation anywhere that people who are Permanent residents being eligible for dropbox? Or is that based on the criteria from the questionnaire ?

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Is there any documentation anywhere that people who are Permanent residents being eligible for dropbox? Or is that based on the criteria from the questionnaire ?
It is based on the questionnaire. There is no documentation as such. Even the customer care ppl told the same thing!

Reactions: shr89

aninanda

Jul 12, 2021
hello there, I am a Canadian resident living in Work Permit. I have done the lat two H1b stamping in India.

I have a stamping coming up for H1b renewal after Green Card related PERM and i-140 is approved.

Can someone advice if I could be dropbox eligible?

ariesfaires

Feb 20, 2022
Hello,
My husband and I have Canada PR, he lives here in Toronto but I live/work in US. I am currently in Canada for next 2 -3 weeks, can I apply for H1B stamping using drop box option?

I believe my eligibility as per visa interview waiver program -
1. Canada PR
2. Have approved i797, with validity till Dec 2022.
3. Previous H1B was stamped in Delhi, India(2019)
4. 10 finger print was previously done(in Delhi 2013)

Please help.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Hello,
My husband and I have Canada PR, he lives here in Toronto but I live/work in US. I am currently in Canada for next 2 -3 weeks, can I apply for H1B stamping using drop box option?

I believe my eligibility as per visa interview waiver program -
1. Canada PR
2. Have approved i797, with validity till Dec 2022.
3. Previous H1B was stamped in Delhi, India(2019)
4. 10 finger print was previously done(in Delhi 2013)

Please help.
No one can decide or validate if you are eligible for visa interview waiver program. There are set of 5 or 6 questions based on which you will be re-directed to "Send documents"(dropbox) or schedule an interview. Create an account, pay the fees and answer the questionnaire, you will get to know. They system will decide whether you are eligible or not. Bdw, if you are given visa waiver and asked to "send documents" , the minimum time taken to get back your passport is anywhere between 4-6 weeks. So, plan accordingly.

ariesfaires

Feb 20, 2022
No one can decide or validate if you are eligible for visa interview waiver program. There are set of 5 or 6 questions based on which you will be re-directed to "Send documents"(dropbox) or schedule an interview. Create an account, pay the fees and answer the questionnaire, you will get to know. They system will decide whether you are eligible or not. Bdw, if you are given visa waiver and asked to "send documents" , the minimum time taken to get back your passport is anywhere between 4-6 weeks. So, plan accordingly.
i was referring to this eligibility criteria, I called US embassy about 2 weeks back from US and not sure which website redirected me to a page with these details.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nbRL9dnx5USWNgPNIQKiIWJkAiQIe67h/view?usp=sharing

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019

h1bbquery

Feb 22, 2022
Hello Friends, I would like to know whether I am eligible for drop box option from Toronto, Canada. I have Canada PR and trying to book stamping dates at USA consulate in Canada for my new H1B. I am not able to find the dates soon, so I would like to know whether I am eligible for Dropbox option in Canada.

I was in USA before on L1 visa for 5 years and one of the extensions stamped at Toronto consulate before. After moving to Canada, I got the visitor visa (B1/B2) now which was stamped at Toronto consulate. I don’t have any rejections so far for any type of USA visa.

Kindly let me know.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Hello Friends, I would like to know whether I am eligible for drop box option from Toronto, Canada. I have Canada PR and trying to book stamping dates at USA consulate in Canada for my new H1B. I am not able to find the dates soon, so I would like to know whether I am eligible for Dropbox option in Canada.

I was in USA before on L1 visa for 5 years and one of the extensions stamped at Toronto consulate before. After moving to Canada, I got the visitor visa (B1/B2) now which was stamped at Toronto consulate. I don’t have any rejections so far for any type of USA visa.

Kindly let me know.
One of the questionnaire that would make you eligible for your dropbox is you need to be applying for same Visa type as before. Not sure if anything has changed. But this was the scenario like 3months back.

Nil007

Mar 5, 2022
Hello,
As per the questionnaire, me (PR holder - H1B) & my wife (PR holder - H4) would be eligible for Canada Dropbox but my son is 2.5 years old, was born in Canada. As per the questionnaire, as this is his first visa in any category, so will he have to go for in-person interview or there is any criteria or anyway we can submit his documents for dropbox too? Appreciate your insight or direction on this. Thank you!!

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Hello,
As per the questionnaire, me (PR holder - H1B) & my wife (PR holder - H4) would be eligible for Canada Dropbox but my son is 2.5 years old, was born in Canada. As per the questionnaire, as this is his first visa in any category, so will he have to go for in-person interview or there is any criteria or anyway we can submit his documents for dropbox too? Appreciate your insight or direction on this. Thank you!!
Really not sure. This is a new scenario. Better check with the consulate by emailing them.

Sanjida29

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
Can someone please help me.
Usa consulate kept my passport and said my visa is refused for Administrative processing.
But today they email me to send my passport to them as soon as possible. Should i send them my old expired passport. As the valid passport they kept it already. It’s very confusing