+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B Stamping Dropbox in Canada

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Hello, I have been using AVR since 2020 and I finally applied for my 1st H1b stamping at the Toronto location. I have a canadian PR so I had the option to mail in my documents. The current status is “application received”. Could there be an issue with visa approval as I used AVR all this time?
No issues. You should be good. But as it is your 1st time stamping you might be called for interview!

devregati

Star Member
May 16, 2022
Hello, I have been using AVR since 2020 and I finally applied for my 1st H1b stamping at the Toronto location. I have a canadian PR so I had the option to mail in my documents. The current status is “application received”. Could there be an issue with visa approval as I used AVR all this time?
Shouldnt matter. Toronto is usually a bit slow compared to other locations. You will see movement soon. What is the timeline? When did you ship the docs to consulate?

saveurbuck23

Jan 19, 2024
Hello, Anyone for H1B renewal (Toronto dropbox) with Canada PR, my application is stuck on "Send Documents" in the portal with no updates since then
(Ceac status portal Status: No Data found)

Dec 21: Application Submitted - In Virtual Waiting queue
Jan 10: Received mailing instructions
Jan 15: Sent via Canada Post -- (Postal Clerk scanned the second page which I received in "courier_in_receipt.pdf")
Jan 16: Delivered to Consulate (Canada Post tracking - delivered to mailroom)

No updates since then - how long does it usually take to reach to Application received stage (Toronto consulate)?

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Hello, Anyone for H1B renewal (Toronto dropbox) with Canada PR, my application is stuck on "Send Documents" in the portal with no updates since then
(Ceac status portal Status: No Data found)

Dec 21: Application Submitted - In Virtual Waiting queue
Jan 10: Received mailing instructions
Jan 15: Sent via Canada Post -- (Postal Clerk scanned the second page which I received in "courier_in_receipt.pdf")
Jan 16: Delivered to Consulate (Canada Post tracking - delivered to mailroom)

No updates since then - how long does it usually take to reach to Application received stage (Toronto consulate)?
You need to check ceac case tracker to follow updates on your case. On portal it basically doesnt show any updates. Even after you getting back your passport you will still have “ Send Documents” on portal. So ignore portal

Reactions: saveurbuck23

saveurbuck23

Jan 19, 2024
You need to check ceac case tracker to follow updates on your case. On portal it basically doesnt show any updates. Even after you getting back your passport you will still have “ Send Documents” on portal. So ignore portal
Thank you for your response, currently - the caec case tracker is shows "no data found", any insights on how long does it usually take to reach to Application received stage from here (toronto)?

canada_Sp

Jan 19, 2024
Thank you for your response, currently - the caec case tracker shows "no data found", any insights on how long does it usually take to reach to Application received stage from here (toronto)?
The current wait time for Canada is 40 days but rest assured it will be much lower. I submitted my documents on 10th Jan and got the receipt on 12th Jan. CEAC status will not update until your case is approved. I would recommend waiting till next week, it will change directly to the appropriate status.
Note I am not an immigration expert/attorney, this is purely my personal experience. Please reach out to your immigration lawyer for lawful advise.

Last edited:

saveurbuck23

Jan 19, 2024
The current wait time for Canada is 40 days but rest assured it will be much lower. I submitted my documents on 10th Jan and got the receipt on 12th Jan. CEAC status will not update until your case is approved. I would recommend waiting till next week, it will change directly to the appropriate status.
Thank you for your response, the receipt which you got on 12th Jan was the Canada Post receipt?

saveurbuck23

Jan 19, 2024
Nope it was the US consulate. Canada Post delivered it on 11th Jan.
Thank you, in my case - that is what is concerning to me that I have not received any US consulate receipt (yet) of application, while Canada Post tracking shows packet is delivered.
But as you mentioned - have to wait for few more days.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Thank you, in my case - that is what is concerning to me that I have not received any US consulate receipt (yet) of application, while Canada Post tracking shows packet is delivered.
But as you mentioned - have to wait for few more days.
My guess, they generally update it as "Received" only when they have opened it or its in their hands. The traffic might be different on different days. So first come first serve. I have seen one post where they got theirs updated for almost after 2 weeks as Received. So you are still good.

saveurbuck23

Jan 19, 2024
My guess, they generally update it as "Received" only when they have opened it or its in their hands. The traffic might be different on different days. So first come first serve. I have seen one post where they got theirs updated for almost after 2 weeks as Received. So you are still good.
Thank you, I think could be due to more traffic/different days. Thanks for checking :)

eric32s55

Jan 21, 2024
Hello All,

I am an H1b residing in US, Canada PR holder (not settled), interested in Dropbox (stamp exp last year itself)

Reading through the earlier posts, can I make the following assumptions?

1. Ottawa Consular is faster than Toronto, so probably apply there. True/False?
2. Get registered, get in virtual queue, and travel to Canada only when you receive further submission instructions, and plan for about 10-15 days. Is this right?
3. If you get called for an interview, it will probably be immediate availability?

Can someone please share their experiences, if applicable?
Any other worse case scenarios to be prepared for?

nikki1992

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hello All,

I am an H1b residing in US, Canada PR holder (not settled), interested in Dropbox (stamp exp last year itself)

2. Get registered, get in virtual queue, and travel to Canada only when you receive further submission instructions, and plan for about 10-15 days. Is this right?
3. If you get called for an interview, it will probably be immediate availability?

I did this

1. you can apply anywhere for dropbox (it will ask where do you want to apply after you pay the fee)
2.yes
3. It depends, I heard it could be more than two weeks to get the appointment at this point.

Reactions: eric32s55

eric32s55

Jan 21, 2024
I did this

1. you can apply anywhere for dropbox (it will ask where do you want to apply after you pay the fee)
2.yes
3. It depends, I heard it could be more than two weeks to get the appointment at this point.
Thank you for your response. Do you mind sharing how many days did it take from Mailing the documents to receiving them back, i.e. time spent in canada for this process?

devregati

Star Member
May 16, 2022
Hello All,

For 2. It is always recommended to submit once you enter Canada and wait to receive instructions. However I have heard people submitting while in US and traveling to Canada once the mailing instructions have been received. Got stamping from Ottawa twice and definitely faster than Toronto.

Reactions: eric32s55