+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B Stamping Dropbox in Canada

heroicdeath

Apr 14, 2021
I am on work permit in Canada, Do I need to answer yes or no to this question. Pls confirm.
- > Applicant is a national or permanent resident of the country in which the applicant is applying?
No, you do not qualify. It's quite obvious if you have a basic grasp of english?

RVCD

Sep 25, 2023
I am on work permit in Canada, Do I need to answer yes or no to this question. Pls confirm.
- > Applicant is a national or permanent resident of the country in which the applicant is applying?
It is YES, you qualify. its applicalble for person who is staying legally on work permit, study permit

heroicdeath

Apr 14, 2021
It is YES, you qualify. its applicalble for person who is staying legally on work permit, study permit
No it's not, it's permanent resident OR a NATIONAL, meaning you have to have a permanent residency card OR hold a Canadian passport.

Rgajula

Sep 25, 2023
No, you do not qualify. It's quite obvious if you have a basic grasp of english?
I don't have basic knowledge of english, that's why I asked here for experts like you to clarify
No it's not, it's permanent resident OR a NATIONAL, meaning you have to have a permanent residency card OR hold a Canadian passport.
Does that mean all work permit holders are not eligible for drop box? I don't think so

heroicdeath

Apr 14, 2021
I don't have basic knowledge of english, that's why I asked here for experts like you to clarify

Does that mean all work permit holders are not eligible for drop box? I don't think so
Work permit holders are TEMPORARY residents. Their status expires/

Yaswanthreddy

Feb 11, 2019
Hi All,

I am on H1B and in the process of submitting my documents for the dropbox here in Vancouver.

My question is regarding the statement below, I guess I know the answer but still want to ask to be safe.

(H) TEMPORARY WORKER
  • Receipt Number for your approved petition as it appears on your Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker Form I-129 or Notice of Action Form I-797 from USCIS (does not apply to H1B1 visa applicants).
  • Job offer from United States employer and a Certified Department of Labor approved application (applies to H1B1 visa applicants only).
Is the second point valid only for H1B1 applicants, did you guys just include the I-797 doc or did you also include the Job Offer.

Any input is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

JenmamX

Oct 4, 2023
Hello everyone - I am a permanent resident in Canada. Moved around July 2023 after getting laid off from a H1b position in Detroit. I am renting a place currently in Windsor, Ontario. Found a new job back in the US and got i797B approval. Applied for stamping in US Consulate, Ottawa on September 25th, 2023. I am eligible for interview waiver.

Current status is 'Pending Consular Authorization'. and Estimated wait time for further instructions is 5 weeks. Explored emergency appointment options and consulate helpline staff recommended waiting for that instructions as it looks faster in my case. (Emergency appointments are taking approximately 20-30 days wait time)

As of today - I am sitting on my hands waiting for them to ask my documents for further processing.

Now, Anyone have insight/ in the same boat into how long consulate in Ottawa takes to send request for documents/document shipping instructions?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I thank you in advance for taking the time to reply :) Wishing you all well !

JenmamX

Oct 4, 2023
Hi All,

I am on H1B and in the process of submitting my documents for the dropbox here in Vancouver.

My question is regarding the statement below, I guess I know the answer but still want to ask to be safe.

(H) TEMPORARY WORKER
  • Receipt Number for your approved petition as it appears on your Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker Form I-129 or Notice of Action Form I-797 from USCIS (does not apply to H1B1 visa applicants).
  • Job offer from United States employer and a Certified Department of Labor approved application (applies to H1B1 visa applicants only).
Is the second point valid only for H1B1 applicants, did you guys just include the I-797 doc or did you also include the Job Offer.

Any input is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
I'd include job offer and let the consular officer decide if he wants to ignore it / need it. No harm in sending relevant additional information when in doubt.

Reactions: Yaswanthreddy

ilikebabyelephent

Feb 14, 2021
Hello everyone - I am a permanent resident in Canada. Moved around July 2023 after getting laid off from a H1b position in Detroit. I am renting a place currently in Windsor, Ontario. Found a new job back in the US and got i797B approval. Applied for stamping in US Consulate, Ottawa on September 25th, 2023. I am eligible for interview waiver.

Current status is 'Pending Consular Authorization'. and Estimated wait time for further instructions is 5 weeks. Explored emergency appointment options and consulate helpline staff recommended waiting for that instructions as it looks faster in my case. (Emergency appointments are taking approximately 20-30 days wait time)

As of today - I am sitting on my hands waiting for them to ask my documents for further processing.

Now, Anyone have insight/ in the same boat into how long consulate in Ottawa takes to send request for documents/document shipping instructions?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I thank you in advance for taking the time to reply :) Wishing you all well !
Recently I went through this process. However, I applied in Toronto though.

In my case, it took 10 days to receive the email instructions.
I couriered the passport on the day I received the email instructions. I took 34 days to receive my passport back ( I know it's quite late compared to many others. Better to prepare for the worst case timelines ).

All the best!.

JenmamX

Oct 4, 2023
Recently I went through this process. However, I applied in Toronto though.

In my case, it took 10 days to receive the email instructions.
I couriered the passport on the day I received the email instructions. I took 34 days to receive my passport back ( I know it's quite late compared to many others. Better to prepare for the worst case timelines ).

All the best!.
I remember the toronto consulate having 15 calendar days processing time a while ago? Was it during this time period? Or was this few months ago? I ask not to pry, but to gauge consular processing times in general. Please let me know if you can :)

Rgajula

Sep 25, 2023
Update:

H1B Dropbox Toronto Consulate

Sept 5 : Docs sent via Canada Post.
Sept 6 : Docs reached consulate.
Sept 11 : DS-160 status changed to 'Application Received'.
Sept 22: Approved
Sept 25: Issued
Sept 26: Got tracking details email
Sept 27: Collected passport from Canada Post.

Good luck to everyone!
Can you let me know whether you have a PR or on work permit?