+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B Stamping Dropbox in Canada

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Thanks Bud! What is your status? I didn't do anything, I just showed up at the consulate and asked for my passport because I had to fly in 2 days. They agreed to check and got my passport from up. I think we were just lucky that they heard us, not sure if they would do it for everyone..
Thats awesome. Few months back that wasn't the case, a member posted in the forum where they used to say that we do not know the status of the case, only the officers would know the status and you need to wait for it to hear from them. Keep checking the tracker is what he said! I think as few of them on twitter wrote that their passports getting stuck and they are left with no passport for months if they keep it like that and emergency raises they are at risk and also facing mental stress. Nice, that now they are honoring this! Bdw if i may know, did they make you wait for too long at consulated when you were there to pickup the passport? and what was the status of yours before you showed up at consulate?

Anil23

Jan 9, 2023
Thats awesome. Few months back that wasn't the case, a member posted in the forum where they used to say that we do not know the status of the case, only the officers would know the status and you need to wait for it to hear from them. Keep checking the tracker is what he said! I think as few of them on twitter wrote that their passports getting stuck and they are left with no passport for months if they keep it like that and emergency raises they are at risk and also facing mental stress. Nice, that now they are honoring this! Bdw if i may know, did they make you wait for too long at consulated when you were there to pickup the passport? and what was the status of yours before you showed up at consulate?
I would also love to do this but choosing not to and recommend the same unless it’s an emergency. If more people do this, it will only lead to them stopping from doing this altogether. They aren’t honoring anything, depends on the person at the gate entirely from my past experience.

Reactions: missedTheGCBus

iyerrb123

Jan 30, 2017
Mine just moved to issued. Do you live in GTA, does your tracking say any estimated delivery date? Trying to see if I can book my tickets for Saturday. Thank you!
Typically if it's issued today you may get your tracking number tomorrow and the package itself is an overnight delivery package. So you may book the ticket for Saturday but it's not guaranteed 100%

Reactions: Anil23

iyerrb123

Jan 30, 2017
My experience with H1B drop box stamping in Canada

1] Just send the documents consulate has asked and nothing more or less, I see people submitting paystubs, LCA, entire I129 petition, I140 etc., these are useless documents
2] If possible avoid major holidays to send in your docs - Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, month of December, July 4th summer break etc. , you may experience major delays with passport stuck in embassy
3] If you have a choice go for in person interview, it is much faster and highly predictable timelines. You could be in and out of Canada in 4 days

missedTheGCBus

Star Member
Sep 8, 2022
3] If you have a choice go for in person interview, it is much faster and highly predictable timelines. You could be in and out of Canada in 4 days
How do you get an interview though, slots are currently into Jan 2024 at the earliest and Toronto/Vancouver even later. Do they release new slots at any specific times?

saiGaz

Star Member
May 29, 2020
Mine just moved to issued. Do you live in GTA, does your tracking say any estimated delivery date? Trying to see if I can book my tickets for Saturday. Thank you!
Yes I live in GTA, my expected delivery is Thursday(19th Jan). I choose pickup option, instead of home delivery.

Reactions: Anil23

iyerrb123

Jan 30, 2017
How do you get an interview though, slots are currently into Jan 2024 at the earliest and Toronto/Vancouver even later. Do they release new slots at any specific times?
You first book the Jan 2024 slot and then send a request for an earlier appointment/urgent appointment with a good reason(example: doctor's letter) , they may honor this request but its not guaranteed.

missedTheGCBus

Star Member
Sep 8, 2022
You first book the Jan 2024 slot and then send a request for an earlier appointment/urgent appointment with a good reason(example: doctor's letter) , they may honor this request but its not guaranteed.
how do you contact the consulate after booking a slot? Just on their email listed on website?