+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B Stamping Dropbox in Canada

sasiddiq

Aug 23, 2021
I sent mine to Toronto. I didn’t read the forums unfortunately before sending the documents in. Mine is exactly a week since it reached and no status yet. In but of a rush so trying to see if processing speed is increasing.
Hi Anil,

Same here. I sent my application on Dec 11 and still waiting. It still shows the status as "Application received" only. The wait is very frustrating :(

Anil23

Jan 9, 2023
Hi Anil,

Same here. I sent my application on Dec 11 and still waiting. It still shows the status as "Application received" only. The wait is very frustrating :(
It is frustrating. Interviews are much faster. Dropbox just seems to be dragging and no pattern to it.

bm_

Dec 8, 2022
Hi Anil,

I am honestly a bit pissed off with the process. How do they expect an employee to be away from their work location for more than a month. My employer has a policy that we cannot work remotely from an international location for more than 20 days in a trip. I am already very close to that limit, and would have to start burning my vacation days after that, and if it comes to the worst case scenario start taking unpaid leave. What is the point of issuing an H1B visa extension if at the end of the process the employee doesn't have a job because of being away for so long from the company!
I know I am just ranting off here, the consulates do not care about our plight.

bm_

Dec 8, 2022
I am honestly a bit pissed off with the process. How do they expect an employee to be away from their work location for more than a month. My employer has a policy that we cannot work remotely from an international location for more than 20 days in a trip. I am already very close to that limit, and would have to start burning my vacation days after that, and if it comes to the worst case scenario start taking unpaid leave. What is the point of issuing an H1B visa extension if at the end of the process the employee doesn't have a job because of being away for so long from the company!
I know I am just ranting off here, the consulates do not care about our plight.
Looks like the consulate read my rant, status just changed to "Approved" for me now. I really hope there are no more hiccups and get the passport back quick.

Anil23

Jan 9, 2023
Looks like the consulate read my rant, status just changed to "Approved" for me now. I really hope there are no more hiccups and get the passport back quick.
Congratulations! Do let me know when it goes from approved to issued so I can get a sense for the timeline. Mine is still no status after 9days so let’s see what happens.

Reactions: bm_

sasiddiq

Aug 23, 2021
Finally, here is my timeline:

Package Delivered to US Embassy - Toronto - Dec 13
Status - "No Status" till Jan 5
Status changed to Application Received - Jan 5
Status changed to Issued - Jan 12 (Note: My status never changed to "Approved" which is weird :)

It was a long frustrating wait, will never go for stamping/dropbox in the month of Dec. I wish good luck to everyone, the application is moving much faster now in the Jan 2nd week.

Last edited:
Reactions: Anil23

sasiddiq

Aug 23, 2021
Congratulations sasiddiq! Happy to hear you got the passports with visas back! Wanted to check, how did you get the option to pick from the consulate? I had always assumed we have to pick from Canada Post, but it is already delayed so much that I had rather pick from the consulate too!
Thanks Bud! What is your status? I didn't do anything, I just showed up at the consulate and asked for my passport because I had to fly in 2 days. They agreed to check and got my passport from up. I think we were just lucky that they heard us, not sure if they would do it for everyone..

saiGaz

Star Member
May 29, 2020
Hi everyone,

I feel this thread has more conversations/answers than I was looking for. I just wanted to add my timeline here as well and follow the thread.

Dec 2nd: Landed in Canada and got CoPR signed.
Dec 4th-21st: Got everything moved from the US to Canada and settled down. Because my wife got a job in Canada under her work permit, I decided to move from the US and stay for as many days as I can, until my employer asks me to come.
Dec 26th: Submitted Documents to the US consulate in Canada (Submitted with CoPR + Toronto Driving Licence as proof of residence), this is my H1B renewal stamping with the same employer. I had my first stamping done in India back in 2020 Feb.
Dec 27th: Documents have been delivered.

Since then there is no change in the application status.

My status changed from No status to Approved

Anil23

Jan 9, 2023
Did it move to issued? My status changed to “Approved” this morning