+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B Stamping Dropbox in Canada

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Are you planning to courier the documents ? Do you know anyone who has done this successfully?
Many people have been doing this but when you are sending the docs its better you are inside the country. Sometimes they ask you to attend interview even after sending documents. So just be prepared.

Reactions: Jazmin2569

TeenaPD

Aug 4, 2022
Many people have been doing this but when you are sending the docs its better you are inside the country. Sometimes they ask you to attend interview even after sending documents. So just be prepared.
I made the payment today. It doenst say on the email by when should I courier the documents. Do you know if there is a deadline or something? Or can I send in a few months?

Reactions: Jazmin2569

TeenaPD

Aug 4, 2022
If you are in Canada ,you say Yes and you might be eligible for a dropbox option
Do you know which question decides if we are eligible for drop box or not? I had h1b visa stamping from India before and now this stamping is based on the 1st extension.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Do you know which question decides if we are eligible for drop box or not? I had h1b visa stamping from India before and now this stamping is based on the 1st extension.
No, i am not aware what is the criteria, system decides if you are eligible are not. Answer all those 5 questions and it will give a decision.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
I made the payment today. It doenst say on the email by when should I courier the documents. Do you know if there is a deadline or something? Or can I send in a few months?
Yeah, this was a pending question for few people. I think probably 90days. Not sure what would happen after 90days. This isn't a criteria from Embassy but its as per one of the member in the forum

TeenaPD

Aug 4, 2022
I called the customer service here If you are calling from within the United States, please dial: +1 703 249 4643. They confirmed that we have 1 year from the date of payment to submit the passport to the Canada PO box address you receive in the email. You must be physically present in Canada to do so since you have answered NO for "Are you travelling from some other country to Canada to apply for US visa?"

Reactions: missedTheGCBus

preethi826

Feb 25, 2021
Hi! I am a new Canadian Permanent Resident and I am eligible for Dropbox for my H1B extension stamping (First H1B was done in India). Does anyone know what are the required docs to prove my Canadian PR status for Dropbox eligibility ? I was told that PR cards are taking almost 4 months to be mailed, so I’m wondering if I can submit a copy of my Confirmation of permanent residence (CoPR) document to prove my PR status and be eligible for Dropbox.
Just checking. Have they accepted COPR as the residence proof. I have sent my passport along with COPR to embassy 3 days back but no response.

TeenaPD

Aug 4, 2022
Just checking. Have they accepted COPR as the residence proof. I have sent my passport along with COPR to embassy 3 days back but no response.
I havnt sent my documents yet so I dont know. But I think there are other similar questions on this thread in the beginning.

Reactions: preethi826

CanadianInWaiting

Feb 23, 2022
Hello. I am in Windsor and will be commuting to Detroit starting next week with an approved H-1B (I-797). I am filling up the DS160 to get an appointment for visa stamping in Canada. I am not sure how to answer some questions now:

i) Travel plans: Should I say I have specific plans of travel to the USA and enter the start and end date of approved H-1B petition as date of entering and leaving the USA? Should I then also put the 'address where you will be staying in the USA' as the office address in Detroit?
OR
Should I answer travel plans as unspecified?

ii) All the information about past travel dates will be outdated by the time of appointment as I will be commuting multiple times a week. I assume that will not be an issue.

preethi826

Feb 25, 2021
Hi! I am a new Canadian Permanent Resident and I am eligible for Dropbox for my H1B extension stamping (First H1B was done in India). Does anyone know what are the required docs to prove my Canadian PR status for Dropbox eligibility ? I was told that PR cards are taking almost 4 months to be mailed, so I’m wondering if I can submit a copy of my Confirmation of permanent residence (CoPR) document to prove my PR status and be eligible for Dropbox.
Hi,
Just checking have you submitted COPR and embassy is fine with it?

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Hello. I am in Windsor and will be commuting to Detroit starting next week with an approved H-1B (I-797). I am filling up the DS160 to get an appointment for visa stamping in Canada. I am not sure how to answer some questions now:

i) Travel plans: Should I say I have specific plans of travel to the USA and enter the start and end date of approved H-1B petition as date of entering and leaving the USA? Should I then also put the 'address where you will be staying in the USA' as the office address in Detroit?
OR
Should I answer travel plans as unspecified?

ii) All the information about past travel dates will be outdated by the time of appointment as I will be commuting multiple times a week. I assume that will not be an issue.
You can say plans as unspecified not an issue.