+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B Stamping Dropbox in Canada

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Hi, I have canadian PR. I want to get my FIRST H1b stamping in canada. H1b petition was approved in US. (F1 to H1). I have expired F1 visa stamp on my passport. Am I eligible for dropbox in canada or do I have to get appointment ?
You would be eligible for a Dropbox appointment , however they might call you for a In-person interview. Just be prepared!

Mahi_raj

Jul 16, 2021
Hi need some suggestions I have submitted the documents for drop box to Ottawa consulate but I realized that the name on AIS application is not same as DS 160 and is not matching with what I have in Passport by mistake did not include middle name in AIS application but ds 160 and others documents have correct name as per passport will there be any issue or can do something to rectify for that I have sent email to canada_contactus+ca+info+en@visaops.net no response yet

piepd1990

Apr 6, 2022
Hi,

I have got Canadian PR. I am considering getting the first H1 stamped from Canada, but my F1 visa for the US has expired, and I am on CPT and living in the US currently, maintaining my status.

1) This will be my first stamping for H1. Can I get it stamped from Canada?
2) If yes, then will it be dropbox or an interview appointment?
3) If for the interview, will there be an issue regarding it? Will there be too much scrutiny?

Can someone give me the link on how to book the appointment?

Thanks in advance

joeljosek

Jun 7, 2020
@coolusa
Actually my H4 visa is pending. My husband’s H1b is approved. If I first activate my COPR , I can not make USA return. If my husband only activate his COPR , can he get H1b and H4 stamping appointments or Dropbox for both of us?
Hi,

My wife and I were planning to travel with the COPR to Canada by road/air and my question is around AVR and wanted some clarity around this.

My most recent I 94 downloaded from the official I94 website shows the expired date as per previous visa stamping. i.e.
Admit Until Date : 08/16/2021

However my I797 A notice shows the same I94# valid until 04/29/2025.

Q1. Can I carry the I797 A notice as proof of the new I94 date for AVR and are there any other documents required for AVR?

Q2. Does this also work for an H4 visa holder in the same scenario?

Q3. Does it matter if AVR is done via Road or Air Travel, is one way better/smoother than the other in any way?

Truly appreciate you taking out time to help.

Thanks!

devregati

Star Member
May 16, 2022
Hi,

My wife and I were planning to travel with the COPR to Canada by road/air and my question is around AVR and wanted some clarity around this.

My most recent I 94 downloaded from the official I94 website shows the expired date as per previous visa stamping. i.e.
Admit Until Date : 08/16/2021

However my I797 A notice shows the same I94# valid until 04/29/2025.

Q1. Can I carry the I797 A notice as proof of the new I94 date for AVR and are there any other documents required for AVR?

Q2. Does this also work for an H4 visa holder in the same scenario?

Q3. Does it matter if AVR is done via Road or Air Travel, is one way better/smoother than the other in any way?

Truly appreciate you taking out time to help.

Thanks!
Answers below.
1. Yes, you must. I797 is good enough.
2. Yes
3. No doesnt matter either way. It all depends on which is your preference.

Reactions: joeljosek

preethi826

Feb 25, 2021
Currently Canada is prioritizing visa for residents and citizens. All others are not eligible for dropbox too. Until you don't do landing, you are not a PR. Visa interview or dropbox is for people outside US. H1b extension is for people inside US. So you cannot send docs from US to Canada, you should be present in the country where visainterview/dropbox happens.
Do the softlanding, then book for appointment as PR status, you will get dropbox (other dropbox conditions also need to meet). Travel to Canada, stay there, do the dropbox and comeback with stamped visa.
Hi,
I have Canada PR (physical card) and got an h1b stamping in Vancouver Canada in 2021 now I m trying to book an appointment for myself for an h1b extension but still it shows me to attend an interview not dropbox. I see an appointment available for next year. What's the other dropbox condition? Can you please help me with that details?

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Hi,
I have Canada PR (physical card) and got an h1b stamping in Vancouver Canada in 2021 now I m trying to book an appointment for myself for an h1b extension but still it shows me to attend an interview not dropbox. I see an appointment available for next year. What's the other dropbox condition? Can you please help me with that details?
Its based on what you fill up in the questionnaire. Are you residing in Canada? Or US?

Aug 4, 2022
I would still give it a shot if previous stamping was outside Canada. My previous stamping was in Delhi and still qualified for Dropbox
Can you please provide me the link to book an appointment from Canada? I am a Canadian PR and Indian national. My first stamping was in India. I am trying to see if I qualify for drop box from Canada but not sure where to start.

TeenaPD

Aug 4, 2022
Regarding H1b drop box eligibility:
I have a Canadian PR living in US on H1b. First H1 visa stamping was done in India and the stamp is expired now. I have an approved extension i797. I filled up the details on AIS and paid the fees. After payment, I dont see any option to take appointment. I received email instructions to courier my passport and other documents. Is here anyone here do was eligible for dropbox recently in Canada and have received the stamp and passport successfully?

Aug 4, 2022
Regarding H1b drop box eligibility:
I have a Canadian PR living in US on H1b. First H1 visa stamping was done in India and the stamp is expired now. I have an approved extension i797. I filled up the details on AIS and paid the fees. After payment, I dont see any option to take appointment. I received email instructions to courier my passport and other documents. Is here anyone here do was eligible for dropbox recently in Canada and have received the stamp and passport successfully?
I just made a payment as well and I received instructions to send the documents by mail. There is no appointment option available, looks like we can mail in the documents anytime and they will process the application. It says it could take upto 8 weeks to process the application.

TeenaPD

Aug 4, 2022
I just made a payment as well and I received instructions to send the documents by mail. There is no appointment option available, looks like we can mail in the documents anytime and they will process the application. It says it could take upto 8 weeks to process the application.
Are you planning to courier the documents ? Do you know anyone who has done this successfully?