+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1b dropbox - Ottawa, Canada

devregati

Star Member
May 16, 2022
Just curious to know if it lets you login to https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/niv after dropping off the passport and documents at Canada Post? I dropped off the package couple of days ago and if I login, it shows "Send Documents"!! Does it continue to remain in that status? Is the DS-160 status the only one I should be checking?

Last edited:

niswe

Apr 5, 2017
@niswe did you ever end up asking for your passport back? I may have seen it in another thread that you were requesting they send it back.
yes.. I have travel tickets booked for July 2nd and requested them to send my passport back without the visa. I was just waiting for my passport but it is a pleasant surprise that they issued the visa.

Reactions: Lilu1234

krishnan3119

Jun 1, 2022
Just curious to know if it lets you login to https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/niv after dropping off the passport and documents at Canada Post? I dropped off the package couple of days ago and if I login, it shows "Send Documents"!! Does it continue to remain in that status? Is the DS-160 status the only one I should be checking?
That's rite. It will stay in "Send Documents" status. We will have to check ds-160 status. Once it moved to "Visa Issued" status, We can track the courier shipping status from ais-usvisa site.

Reactions: devregati

neha.ss

Star Member
May 27, 2022
I finally picked up my passport today. Sigh!!! :)

My timeline at Ottawa consulate:

Documents sent - May 16 2022
Documents delivered - May 18 2022
Application received - June 15 2022
Administrative processing - June 16 2022
Issued - June 17 2022
Email that documents are mailed out - June 21 2022
Passport pick up from post office - June 23 2022

niswe

Apr 5, 2017
I finally picked up my passport today. Sigh!!! :)

My timeline at Ottawa consulate:

Documents sent - May 16 2022
Documents delivered - May 18 2022
Application received - June 15 2022
Administrative processing - June 16 2022
Issued - June 17 2022
Email that documents are mailed out - June 21 2022
Passport pick up from post office - June 23 2022
Do you remember what time normally Canada Post tracker become active? I got the tracking code yesterday but it is still not active.

Reactions: stscorcher

neha.ss

Star Member
May 27, 2022
yaaay...more waiting for me!!! God Forbid if atleast one step of the process is immediate i will take "offence"!!!
Oh I know the pain of waiting and the whole unknown.
Did you try contacting Canada post via call or chat? My package was a day late than what was shown initially, I contacted via chat and mentioned to them that it’s crucial document like passport. I think that probably may have helped a little.

Reactions: stscorcher

devregati

Star Member
May 16, 2022
I'm assuming that once visa is "issued", we typically receive an email within a day or two that provides additional instructions (i.e., tracking number for Canada Post or Purolator or if picked up at an Ottawa Post Office)?

devregati

Star Member
May 16, 2022
Hi All,

I would like to provide an update on our H1+H4 visa renewal process via dropbox at Ottawa.

June 20: Dropped off at Post Office in Ottawa
June 21: Delivered (according to Canada Post)
June 24: DS-160 Status Application Received
June 27: Administrative Processing
June 28: Issued
June 29: Tracking number provided. Package picked up by Canada Post in the afternoon.
June 30: Delivered to Ottawa Post Office and available for pickup. Picked up passports.

To be honest, I have been really lucky and did not expect to happen this fast. We had planned to be in Canada for 4-6 weeks. So for those still planning to drop off, you might want to keep this in mind.

Last but not the least, I would like to thank this community especially @harirajmohan @kris72 @ripster85 @Cedya @neha.ss for clarifying doubts, answered questions and providing the much needed emotional support. Sorry if I missed anyone else.

Let me know if you have any questions!