+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1b dropbox - Ottawa, Canada

neha.ss

Star Member
May 27, 2022
Me too :( I still think I will come today. Last time I got the notification in the afternoon
I checked my last time stamping that was done in Canada - My application was approved on Friday and Monday was a holiday too coincidently. They sent out passport on Tuesday and I received email of dispatch around 2pm. So I think I may panic after 2pm if I don't hear anything, ha ha

Reactions: Cedya

Cedya

Star Member
Jun 1, 2022
Yep, same for me. Approved Friday and Notification on Tuesday at 1pm. We should get something soon

SR1234

Jun 21, 2022
@Cedya refused can be a variety of reasons, request for interview/ request for fingerprints / request for a new photograph/ request for additional documents. It looks like in a few cases it automatically goes to administrative processing but it is more likely it is a request for an action from you. I believe you may get an email today or tomorrow with follow up if any action is needed from you. No need to panic, I am seeing many people being called for interview, the DOS is doing the opposite to address the backlog
@DropVisa I submitted my H1B documents through drop box on May31. Last Friday the status changed to refused and soon after I got an email to schedule an in person interview. Although my drop box submission went to Ottawa, I am being asked to schedule a follow up interview in Toronto. Now the appointments are one year away. I requested for expedite appointment yesterday but no response yet. Any suggestions on what my options are?

neha.ss

Star Member
May 27, 2022
@DropVisa I submitted my H1B documents through drop box on May31. Last Friday the status changed to refused and soon after I got an email to schedule an in person interview. Although my drop box submission went to Ottawa, I am being asked to schedule a follow up interview in Toronto. Now the appointments are one year away. I requested for expedite appointment yesterday but no response yet. Any suggestions on what my options are?
Oh. Did you contact help desk number via call? And where did you try emailing?