+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1b and Change of Visa Status COPR

rag2020

Jul 20, 2020
Dear All,
My COPR expiration date is December 06 2020. The COPR is issued to both myself , my wife and my son.
I have filed for my H1b extension in June and got approval until 2022 with my I-94 validity.

1) Can someone suggest whether I can do a soft landing and come back to the US.

2) In case of my wife she was on H4 while we received COPR but now she has changed to H1b. In this case can she do a soft landing by any means before December
Please suggest .

Suggestions would me much appreciated.

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
Dear All,
My COPR expiration date is December 06 2020. The COPR is issued to both myself , my wife and my son.
I have filed for my H1b extension in June and got approval until 2022 with my I-94 validity.

2) In case of my wife she was on H4 while we received COPR but now she has changed to H1b. In this case can she do a soft landing by any means before December
Please suggest .

Yes, you can do soft landing and use AVR to return to USA, plenty of people did this. Search in the forum.

rag2020

Jul 20, 2020
Thanks for the reply Starlordvuthu.
How about I case of my spouse , she changed recently from H4 to H1b does AVR apply to her too.

Which POE is safe as we live currently in Connecticut Area.
Please suggest.
Thanks

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
Thanks for the reply Starlordvuthu.
How about I case of my spouse , she changed recently from H4 to H1b does AVR apply to her too.

Which POE is safe as we live currently in Connecticut Area.
Please suggest.
Thanks
As long as you guys have valid I797 and I94 I dont see any issues, as per POE i recommend by road. Since you are in Connecticut you may use Peace Bridge buffalo. I may be wrong please seek other opinions.

praveen07cse

Star Member
Feb 18, 2019
Dear All,

Please suggest .

you should be able to use AVR for yourself and your wife. Please go through below post for successful landing expereinces.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pr-soft-landing-from-us-after-eo.693114/