+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B - Alberta PNP File Number / Certificate Timeline

neteng

Feb 4, 2010
Guys if it is anybody's fault, atleast dont say it is fault of Applicants. Here at fault is AINP. Do you think AINP is foolish, no they are not, they understand this very well that even if they send out all the nominations only those would come to Canada who really want to and who are about to loose their status in US. People take actions based on pragmatic circumstances means they use their brains and not their hearts, which is how it should be.

People who prepared applications, attached all documents and mailed it to AINP probably did more work than AINP in going through applications and nominating some and rejecting others. False hope this is what is going on in US and Canada and that is the reason for people going for whatever options they can get their hands at. We are the ones at the mercy of the system even after being so called top notch educated professionals. We have been forced to choose these kind of options and put legs in differnt boats and try to stabilize our lives.

Why would someone go to Canada even if one gets Canadian PR, as long as he has chances of getting PR in USA, otherwise all your years of taxes paid in US just go in vain. It is just common sense, what greed has to do with it. One would only keep both options as long as time and the options allow you to. What is wrong in that. You are following the rules, right. It has nothing to do with greed, it is only NEED. If this is greed why people keep their portfolio diversified and not invest all their money in a single stock. Please stop blaming your own fellow professionals. Professionals are the ones being abused by the system of these countries and thi is so called modern day slavery.

Database Admin

Star Member
Apr 17, 2009
Well said!

neteng said:
Guys if it is anybody's fault, atleast dont say it is fault of Applicants. Here at fault is AINP. Do you think AINP is foolish, no they are not, they understand this very well that even if they send out all the nominations only those would come to Canada who really want to and who are about to loose their status in US. People take actions based on pragmatic circumstances means they use their brains and not their hearts, which is how it should be.

People who prepared applications, attached all documents and mailed it to AINP probably did more work than AINP in going through applications and nominating some and rejecting others. False hope this is what is going on in US and Canada and that is the reason for people going for whatever options they can get their hands at. We are the ones at the mercy of the system even after being so called top notch educated professionals. We have been forced to choose these kind of options and put legs in differnt boats and try to stabilize our lives.

Why would someone go to Canada even if one gets Canadian PR, as long as he has chances of getting PR in USA, otherwise all your years of taxes paid in US just go in vain. It is just common sense, what greed has to do with it. One would only keep both options as long as time and the options allow you to. What is wrong in that. You are following the rules, right. It has nothing to do with greed, it is only NEED. If this is greed why people keep their portfolio diversified and not invest all their money in a single stock. Please stop blaming your own fellow professionals. Professionals are the ones being abused by the system of these countries and thi is so called modern day slavery.

neteng

Feb 4, 2010
And guys as far as spending 550 dollars if nominated everyone would have done that. What is 550 dollars it is nothing to get PR status of Canada. I saw many spend 2000-2500 dollars on laywers to file their applications. Who cares about money when it comes to get PR of a country which might become your permanent home. People happliy spend 3000 to file H1B and and for many it got rejected and money gone to waste in 2009.

I can't understand how come we abused Canada's systems. We field because we were qualified applicants. Those who get PR will go by the rules, and make sure they maintain their PR, does not matter where they stay in US or Canada. Even after you get PR would you blindly go to Canada without even a job and dump your 100K job in US rightaway. Be honest guys, dont talk the talk, walk the walk.

Guys actions taken by AINP are way beyond our understanding and control. It has lots of policy and political things involved.

Database Admin

Star Member
Apr 17, 2009
AINP have the use and throw policy like a discarded tissue paper for IT professonals.

neteng said:
And guys as far as spending 550 dollars if nominated everyone would have done that. What is 550 dollars it is nothing to get PR status of Canada. I saw many spend 2000-2500 dollars on laywers to file their applications. Who cares about money when it comes to get PR of a country which might become your permanent home. People happliy spend 3000 to file H1B and and for many it got rejected and money gone to waste in 2009.

I can't understand how come we abused Canada's systems. We field because we were qualified applicants. Those who get PR will go by the rules, and make sure they maintain their PR, does not matter where they stay in US or Canada. Even after you get PR would you blindly go to Canada without even a job and dump your 100K job in US rightaway. Be honest guys, dont talk the talk, walk the walk.

Guys actions taken by AINP are way beyond our understanding and control. It has lots of policy and political things involved.

nomad_musafir

Jan 13, 2009
neteng said:
People happliy spend 3000 to file H1B and and for many it got rejected and money gone to waste in 2009.

There is the root of the problem - spending 3k for H1B is illegal. Period.
Nobody was talking about 'greed' when you brought it up. I was talking about 1) ethics and 2) blaming others - but thank you for making my point. Nobody was bashing anybody. Anyway, since you brought it up - 'they are happily paying 3k' (illegally) in order to obtain 100k jobs that they probably aren't truly qualified for. Maybe, AINP dug deep enough to discover the truth, who knows?
I do not have a 100k job to dump - but then I wasn't born with 5 year experience either.

It is all the matter of making the correct choice - being proactive to the best to your abilities in a given circumstance. Blaming others won't do us any good. That was all I was trying to say.

neteng

Feb 4, 2010
I have all my sympathy for those who get rejected by AINP, and especially those who are about to loose their H1B status and for those who are being abused by employers and being paid low end wages in their field of expertise in US.

These were the prime candidates to go and settle in Canada. Had AINP nominated everyone, these 20-25% candidates would have been the first to go and make Canada their permanent home. And these people would have never come back to US even if US starts givig green cards easily sometime in future. And about the remaining 75% nominated by Canada would for sure have paid 550 dollars each and atleast had a flight to visit Calgary or Edmonton and added a lot of tourism to that state, if not settle there.

AINP is the looser here. And those on the edge of loosing their status, for all of them Obama is the hope and there is no doubt bi-partisan immigration overhaul is only months away, and there is a firm clause for those with US masters degrees. There should be something for sure for those here on H1B for years and have paid tens of thousands in texes over years. So I beleive those who have been longer in US on H1B will be the first to get US PR.

I am writing all this so my fellow professionals dont loose hope and that there is a bright future for you all. Just keep hope and hang in there and continue to maintain legal status in USA.

sasidhar79

Apr 7, 2009
Professionals are being abused by the system and in a interconnected fashion the system is also abused by the professionals.

Are'nt we aware of these so called professionals who procured H1b visas even though they do not meet the qualifications and skills that are required?

I am talking about all those applicants who have an Non Technical degree from India and yet procured a H1B as a Technical person because some seedy and shady employer is ready to exploit the H1b system with fake documents and these very applicants once they get H1b visa and after considerable amount of service and lip service get sponsored for green cards under EB3 and some take promotions and file under EB2.

While applicants like us with Masters/Tech degrees and more than 5 years of IT experience do not get promotions and file our GC in the same category along with them.

there are many such instances like this and I know many cases personally where many of my qualified colleagues and friends have been victimized.

I still cannot understand on how they were able to bring a Non IT resource into USA as a qualified and expereinced IT resource and once they are here they work in offices as recruiters, office assistants and sales managers, many of them cannot tell the difference between VB.Net and Visual Basic .Net and yet they get green cards as IT managers, engineers and programmers.

The system was designed assuming that people would be truthful in that way it is flawed and those of us truly deserving the fruits of the system feel that we are abused. It is a cycle.

neteng

Feb 4, 2010
What would one do if one is not even getting an interview call without putting fake experience in resume. One would do everything to get a job by hook or crook. The point is that you can get a job by hook or crook 50K or 100K does not matter, but how many actually can perform at work. If you can perform it is all good and fair and if you can not perform you get fired and laid off, it is as simple as that. Everything is fair to survive in a harsh environment, as long as you are earning money for the hard work you put in.

Employers are responsible for forcing people to put 5 years experience, especially Indian IT consulting companies in US. Otherwise who wants to do it.

Abuse is when people buy a heater from Walmart use it for winter and return it in spring to get full refund. This is abuse.

neteng

Feb 4, 2010
sasidhar79 said:
Professionals are being abused by the system and in a interconnected fashion the system is also abused by the professionals.

Are'nt we aware of these so called professionals who procured H1b visas even though they do not meet the qualifications and skills that are required?

I am talking about all those applicants who have an Non Technical degree from India and yet procured a H1B as a Technical person because some seedy and shady employer is ready to exploit the H1b system with fake documents and these very applicants once they get H1b visa and after considerable amount of service and lip service get sponsored for green cards under EB3 and some take promotions and file under EB2.

While applicants like us with Masters/Tech degrees and more than 5 years of IT experience do not get promotions and file our GC in the same category along with them.

there are many such instances like this and I know many cases personally where many of my qualified colleagues and friends have been victimized.

I still cannot understand on how they were able to bring a Non IT resource into USA as a qualified and expereinced IT resource and once they are here they work in offices as recruiters, office assistants and sales managers, many of them cannot tell the difference between VB.Net and Visual Basic .Net and yet they get green cards as IT managers, engineers and programmers.

The system was designed assuming that people would be truthful in that way it is flawed and those of us truly deserving the fruits of the system feel that we are abused. It is a cycle.
I totally agree with you. This vicious cycle is started by greedy Indian IT firms, they abused the system and made it unfair. These companies are the ones who file for unqualified H1B visas and while many qualified ones are left behind. However you can do wrong only for so long. Most of this BS has already been fixed and H1B filings have dropped dramatically for such cases. And the remaining loopholes would also soon be closed by immigration overhaul.

sasidhar79

Apr 7, 2009
nomad_musafir said:
There is the root of the problem - spending 3k for H1B is illegal. Period.
Nobody was talking about 'greed' when you brought it up. I was talking about 1) ethics and 2) blaming others - but thank you for making my point. Nobody was bashing anybody. Anyway, since you brought it up - 'they are happily paying 3k' (illegally) in order to obtain 100k jobs that they probably aren't truly qualified for. Maybe, AINP dug deep enough to discover the truth, who knows?
I do not have a 100k job to dump - but then I wasn't born with 5 year experience either.

It is all the matter of making the correct choice - being proactive to the best to your abilities in a given circumstance. Blaming others won't do us any good. That was all I was trying to say.
Yes , I am also talking about the same group of people who are not qualified to get a H1b and eventually Green Card but since they pay money and perform lip service they get their employers to sponsor them under undeserving categories and get benefited. How can the system be held responsible in this aspect , people who designed the system never thought that the system would be cheated and now that they realized it they tightened it and when they tighten some of us truly deserving would be at the firing end.

Lastly one does not need a Canadian PR for tourism and their 10 year multiple entry tourist visa costs only $200 alteast under $500.

nothingnew

Dec 3, 2009
Friends,

Its not just AINP but even Federal did the same. They gave a decision in November of 2008 and removed all the IT related NOC codes
and back dated the same as behind as Feb 08. Can you imagine people who would have submitted complete applications, along with
money order etc, coming to know almost after 9 months that their NOC have been removed. And on the top of it, many of them
have still not got their money orders/drafts refunded by the govenment. So their money has also got stuck. So I feel this whole Canadian system is screwed up. See make rules simple, if you dont want certain NOC feel free to remove them and make people aware well in advance so they can plan their valuable time accordingly. I totally agree its not candidates fault here, but is a big hole in Canadian Immigration System. One just cannot change rules whenever and however one wishes. And believe me this whole U.S immigration is screwed up like anything. Educated well qualified
people have to work like slave for employers for years and years to get their PR, if they get it. I think its better we understand the value of our home countries and our families in home countries and just be real, we are trying to run away from our own home countries, who gave us the basic foundation to even reach it here. I think we are also screwed up to some extent.

Nothing New

sasidhar79

Apr 7, 2009
Having a backup and once nominated moving to Canada is an appreciable action because one needs to look after one's own back. Purely from my observation in this forum and by talking to many applicants I heard that many filed under AINP just because it is free. If one has true purpose to immigrate under a primary or backup plan then he or she should not be offended by my comment, only those with true purpose to abuse the system to their advantage would be offended.

In all my experience in North America I have come accross many of our own professionals and country who exploit and abuse the system as well as their own colleagues and friends.

There are people who force their friends to relocate under pretext of friendship only to satisfy their ulterior motives like carpooling.
There are instances where our own colleagues (our own countrymen) who live with us as guests because they are new in the country go ahead and try to trample us at work.

When one can do to their own friends and fellow human being why cannot they do that to a lifeless system .

neteng

Feb 4, 2010
nothingnew said:
Friends,

Its not just AINP but even Federal did the same. They gave a decision in November of 2008 and removed all the IT related NOC codes
and back dated the same as behind as Feb 08. Can you imagine people who would have submitted complete applications, along with
money order etc, coming to know almost after 9 months that their NOC have been removed. And on the top of it, many of them
have still not got their money orders/drafts refunded by the govenment. So their money has also got stuck. So I feel this whole Canadian system is screwed up. See make rules simple, if you dont want certain NOC feel free to remove them and make people aware well in advance so they can plan their valuable time accordingly. I totally agree its not candidates fault here, but is a big hole in Canadian Immigration System. One just cannot change rules whenever and however one wishes. And believe me this whole U.S immigration is screwed up like anything. Educated well qualified
people have to work like slave for employers for years and years to get their PR, if they get it. I think its better we understand the value of our home countries and our families in home countries and just be real, we are trying to run away from our own home countries, who gave us the basic foundation to even reach it here. I think we are also screwed up to some extent.

Nothing New
I agree with you and you are very right. However unfortunately our home country India is too crowded. Govt. of India rules all states, there is no power to states, there is nothing being done to control population and poverty. Acutally Indian mentallity is that we need 50% populations poor so there is never shortage of labour and servants. 99% of Indian politicans are all about being in power and abusing it for their own good. We have only done good by leaving and trying to find another home. There might be a future of India but I dont see any future in India for majority of Indians.

sasidhar79

Apr 7, 2009
nothingnew said:
Friends,

Nothing New
Very true, nothing like our own home country, btw no system is perfect because human beings are not 100% perfect.

neteng

Feb 4, 2010
sasidhar79 said:
Lastly one does not need a Canadian PR for tourism and their 10 year multiple entry tourist visa costs only $200 alteast under $500.
This was only for those who get PR and have no intention to settle in Canada anytime soon. Atlease these 75% would gone to pay their landing fee and get PR card in Canada and ofcourse would have added to their tourism.

Otherwise how many really plan to go to Canada for a vacation.