+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B - Alberta PNP File Number / Certificate Timeline

sasidhar79

Apr 7, 2009
ANP was accepting IT related applications until April 2009 , after April 2009 they have changed the NOC list which indicated that they will no longer accept IT related applications.

Therefore our lawyers should appeal by highlighting this fact and also mentioning that AINP has kept us all waiting for an year with no updates, this lack of transparency and the fact that AINP removed all IT related NOC code from the acceptable list post April 2009 gave us al April 2009 filers hope that we will receive nomination provided that we keep valid H1B status here in US.

Please contact your lawyers and request them to appeal for April 2009 filers, we cant be left out when we have made the deadline , they never told us it is fist come first served.

Canadian system is very progressive therefore there is scope that something favorable can happen.

When educated and skilled people immigrate the communities benefit a lot because we are law abiding and hardworking people.

Rb_newsletter

Star Member
May 21, 2009
sasidhar79 said:
1) Please contact your lawyers and
2) request them to appeal for April 2009 filers
1) Many of us here didn't hire attorney for applying to AINP. Should we all get together and hire one big attorney.
** It would be nice if people who hired attorney can post their attorney's response here.
2) It happened for March filers too. I think they just closed all files. So if there is lawsuit that should include all.

canada77

May 6, 2009
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
I spoke to one of the attorney's yesterday. The real problem that AINP is not telling anyone is that they had a small quota (may be 4k or 5k nominations per year) and they received 40k applications in 2009. This is why this system crashed as it was not designed to handle this volume.

They cannot come out and say we accepted more applications than we should have. Instead, they are blaming the economy (which is very convenient to do these days).

Just my 2 cents....

arsn21

Star Member
Jan 5, 2010
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lovepool4u2001,
in response to your email:>

Did not receive doc request -- received file closed letter on saturday dated march 1, '10. rest of my tracking info is in my signature. Not sure what to do now !

lovepool4u2001 said:
Any one who got the letter after geting the doc request ?

kapilarya

Star Member
Dec 10, 2009
New Jersey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
they accepted over the limit so to be on the safer side and when they reach the quota for the year for nomination they rejected the remaining...

canada77 said:
I spoke to one of the attorney's yesterday. The real problem that AINP is not telling anyone is that they had a small quota (may be 4k or 5k nominations per year) and they received 40k applications in 2009. This is why this system crashed as it was not designed to handle this volume.

They cannot come out and say we accepted more applications than we should have. Instead, they are blaming the economy (which is very convenient to do these days).

Just my 2 cents....

arsn21

Star Member
Jan 5, 2010
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
look at that some wise guy gave me a (-)ve rating for educating them on reading basic instruction b4 asking questions ! lol :eek:

Sanjay2009

Jan 21, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-14-2009
Doc's Request.
Waiting...
looking_4_pr said:
I too got the mail yesterday that my file was closed.

The funny thing is last week i had sent a updated documents (new i-797, paystubs,job offer letter...).As soon as they received my documents, they had sent out this letter. :(

Wastage of lawyer fee,postage and top of that time...

Anyway, good luck to those guys who got the nomination and better luck to the guys who received the letter.

Finally i also got the much awaiting letter....the doors are closed :)

indium-sulfide-2

Star Member
Apr 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PLease do not lose hope of life. There are so many alternatives in the world. Alberta is but one option and not your whole life. There is no use to complain or say revenge words. Just keep on and find another way. I sincerely wish you all guys who received the letter good luck in the future.

hs2501

Star Member
Jan 18, 2009
Sanjya,

Sorry to hear that.

KapilArya,
Do you know if they have quota of 4k, then can we guess till which file numbers the nomination will be coming, As I think there file numbers were incremental like 1000, 1001, etc.

neteng

Feb 4, 2010
I filed in April-09 under NOC code 2147, got file number ending in 51xx in November-09. So far did not get any letter saying my file is closed.

Even if your files are closed, explore your contacts in Canada and try to arrange an letter. That is what I intend to do as soon as I receive such letter.

anonymously

Aug 13, 2009
Ok so they're asking us to submit a valid job offer so they can reopen our case.
Here's what i did: I tried to apply for a job online, sent my resume and within 5 minutes, I got at least 2 responses from 2 different HR reps.
Both of them said that I may be qualified for the position, next step would be the interview, BUT they need to know if I have a valid work/pr status in Canada.
So I told them about my status and ainp application and surprise surprise!! See responses below!

Recruiter 1: I cannot offer any letters to anyone. They have to have the status prior to me working with them. Please let me know once you have your PR status and you are in Canada. Thanks for your interest.

Recruiter 2: I can not assist you until you have Canadian status.

Canadian companies won't hire us because we don't have a valid status.
Alberta Government will not process our application because we don't have a valid job offer.
This is the dilemma most of us are facing.

I still wish everyone else who didn't get the letter goodluck.
AFAIK, ainp us visa holder category used to be the ONLY program that accepts application without a job offer.
Now it will be close to impossible to get a PR through another program.

I'm just saying.