+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B - Alberta PNP File Number / Certificate Timeline

image6000

Aug 12, 2009
seeya said:
Dear All,

I've always been a secret admirer of this forum... you guys do a great job by helping newcomers... and I wish some could help me out too.

I applied for my PR under this category through a LAWYER in the month of April, 2008. I received my file no. in July, then I august i received a test email from AINP. Till date I had no news from AINP but Yesterday, I received an email from my layer with the following document request:

· Evidence that the candidate had at least one year of work experience in an eligible visa category (H-1B, H-1B1, H-1C, E-3) at the time the application was submitted. We received the application April 14, 2009. the !-797 Approval for H-1B that was submitted with the application was effective 01 October 2008.
· AINP 009 is incomplete. Please complete section C, questions 2 and 5a; and section G, where a personal contact of the candidate should be provided rather than the authorized representative's name. (forms can be found in the attached document)
· A copy of the candidate's most recent pay stub
· A copy of the candidate's current and valid H1B visa or I-797 Notice of Approval (if there has been a change in employment)
· Detailed job description on company letterhead (if there has been a change in employment)
· Details regarding any changes to the candidate's employment situation
· Address update, if there have been any changes

MY CONCERN IS THE VERY FIRST POINT.. I was working under OPT (F1 visa) untill October 2008 and then started working on H1B visa. While I was applying my lawyer never told me about this clause they just told me that I should be working in the USA for at least a period of 1 yr which I was. But I never knew it had to be on H1B. The very reason of hiring a lawyer was that they guide us with the AINP terms and conditions because we are ignorant with it.

I am not sure if my application will be processed further or not.. Please give me your suggestions.....

Thank you ALL!!
You have to be working in H1-b at least for 1 year before you are eligible for 1 year . working in OPT / CPT does not ccount

Thanks

gigi-2010

Star Member
Jan 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

My timeline is: applied: 03/03/2009
File no. 07/28/2009
Sec doc requested: 12/21/2009 (Actually on 12/07/09, but it was in my spamed mail, then the Alberta officer called me about the doc requested)
Submit doc: 12/23/09
Nomination: waiting

If I don't receive my nomination before 03/03/2010, I will mail Alberta about case status on 03/03/2010.

But I am not sure if they reply me. sigh! waiting!

kapilarya

Star Member
Dec 10, 2009
New Jersey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
since they asked you to complete the missing information, that means they will consider you if you submit all the required info on time with valid h1b/ I 797 and pay stubs.

so keep finger crossed and submit all info and wish u best of luck.

seeya said:
Dear All,

I've always been a secret admirer of this forum... you guys do a great job by helping newcomers... and I wish some could help me out too.

I applied for my PR under this category through a LAWYER in the month of April, 2008. I received my file no. in July, then I august i received a test email from AINP. Till date I had no news from AINP but Yesterday, I received an email from my layer with the following document request:

· Evidence that the candidate had at least one year of work experience in an eligible visa category (H-1B, H-1B1, H-1C, E-3) at the time the application was submitted. We received the application April 14, 2009. the !-797 Approval for H-1B that was submitted with the application was effective 01 October 2008.
· AINP 009 is incomplete. Please complete section C, questions 2 and 5a; and section G, where a personal contact of the candidate should be provided rather than the authorized representative's name. (forms can be found in the attached document)
· A copy of the candidate's most recent pay stub
· A copy of the candidate's current and valid H1B visa or I-797 Notice of Approval (if there has been a change in employment)
· Detailed job description on company letterhead (if there has been a change in employment)
· Details regarding any changes to the candidate's employment situation
· Address update, if there have been any changes

MY CONCERN IS THE VERY FIRST POINT.. I was working under OPT (F1 visa) untill October 2008 and then started working on H1B visa. While I was applying my lawyer never told me about this clause they just told me that I should be working in the USA for at least a period of 1 yr which I was. But I never knew it had to be on H1B. The very reason of hiring a lawyer was that they guide us with the AINP terms and conditions because we are ignorant with it.

I am not sure if my application will be processed further or not.. Please give me your suggestions.....

Thank you ALL!!

grewals

Nov 24, 2009
divagirl said:
Hi Folks,

After an extremely long wait of 1 year 1 month, I finally received my rejection letter today at my residence (out of US). The letter stated that I have been rejected as I am not maintaining my H1 status currently. It says that I have to maintain my H1 status at both the time of application and at the time of final decision, tho I applied on 16 Jan 2009.

Good luck and goodbye to everybody. Thanks a lot to all those who helped me during my initial stage of application!

PS: Letter was dated Jan 22, 2010, postmarked 3 Feb, if it helps anybody.
Hi Divagirl,

sorry to hear abt your case. just one question though, when you got the email of your file number, what was your application received date given in that email? looks like who all r not on h1 and even applied before 19th feb will be rejected? but one suggestion though, you can call AINP and question them why u got rejected while AINP requred to maintain h1 at the time of appln only for who applied before feb 19 ,2009.

Grewals

seeya

Sep 2, 2009
Thank you ALL for your suggestions.

I called up AINP on Friday and the guy told me that they cannot consider my application because the basic rules states that you've got to be working on H1B visa for 1yr. But he was very nice in explaining stuff... And I guess its fair enough.. they cannot change their rules just for 1person whose attorney screwed up.... So thats my case.. :) I will have to look out for other options now..

The other thing what he told me is that therez no AINP application fee so, whatever amount I payed goes directly to my Attorney's pocket for all the paper work. Now, I will have to get back from them. I even received a positive reply from my attorney's special assistant (NOC Update, dont know what it means).. he said they will resolve my problem...
FYI,
My NOC :2151
file no. : 79xx:xx:39xx

All the best to the REST!!!!

arsn21

Star Member
Jan 5, 2010
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Seeya,

Now that you have been in H1B status for over a year now, are you eligable to re-apply for Nomination again?

seeya said:

I called up AINP on Friday and the guy told me that they cannot consider my application because the basic rules states that you've got to be working on H1B visa for 1yr. But he was very nice in explaining stuff... And I guess its fair enough.. they cannot change their rules just for 1person whose attorney screwed up.... So thats my case.. :) I will have to look out for other options now..

The other thing what he told me is that therez no AINP application fee so, whatever amount I payed goes directly to my Attorney's pocket for all the paper work. Now, I will have to get back from them. I even received a positive reply from my attorney's special assistant (NOC Update, dont know what it means).. he said they will resolve my problem...
FYI,

All the best to the REST!!!!

divagirl

Jan 8, 2009
grewals said:
Hi Divagirl,

sorry to hear abt your case. just one question though, when you got the email of your file number, what was your application received date given in that email? looks like who all r not on h1 and even applied before 19th feb will be rejected? but one suggestion though, you can call AINP and question them why u got rejected while AINP requred to maintain h1 at the time of appln only for who applied before feb 19 ,2009.

Grewals
I got a mail on 13/5/2009 with my file number, stating that it was sent to me on Feb 27th. No other date is mentioned.

GirlOntario

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
divagirl said:
Hi Folks,

After an extremely long wait of 1 year 1 month, I finally received my rejection letter today at my residence (out of US). The letter stated that I have been rejected as I am not maintaining my H1 status currently. It says that I have to maintain my H1 status at both the time of application and at the time of final decision, tho I applied on 16 Jan 2009.

Good luck and goodbye to everybody. Thanks a lot to all those who helped me during my initial stage of application!

I am deeply upset and scared after hearing your case. During Initial days, It was clear that you just have to maintain the status at the time of application but these AINP offcials don't understand the value of people's time and efforts. Recession was effecting everybody then how come one can maintain status in 2008 and 2009 while US Citizens were getting laid off?
Seriously, These AINP Officials needs to be accountable and responsible! If they have to deny someone so should they make him wait 1 year 1 month?????. It was clear in january 2009 that Candidate has to maintain his/her status only at the time of application NOT AT THE TIME OF DECISION!!!! How can they deny someone who applied in January 2009??? Even a Immigration Law firm in Canada emailed the same question to AINP office and they replied that "One must be in status at the time on application"!!!
Divagirl:
I clearly remember that there was a law firm which emailed this question to AINP and they replied that same thing as I said above. Just explore that law firm, contact them and if possibile ask them to send you a copy of that email with date which shows that email was sent from AINP saying that "One must be in status at the time of application" I know that there is NO appeal for AINP decision but it is your duty to resist and you must resist!!

DivaGirl:

Not only just Canadian Immigration law firm but also some historical forum members were replied the same explanation about the maintainenence of h1B status! just go back to the posts of Dec 2008/Jan/Feb 2009 and explore the posts related to status. I remember "Gingie" was the famous AINP official in those days when George W Bush led Government was serving America through 5$ a gallon gas price and that's why Alberta went wild because of those Oil revenues and finally figured out that during forthcoming 10 years Alberta will have shortage of tech professionals to sustain its prosperity and oil based economy and as a result of that AINP was launched and Officials were having party in Hotel New York and San Fransisco. That's just the history of AINP initiative but you must find historical post which can be useful for the "status maintenance" explanation.

grewals

Nov 24, 2009
divagirl said:
I got a mail on 13/5/2009 with my file number, stating that it was sent to me on Feb 27th. No other date is mentioned.
Divagirl,

When I got my ile number in email, it was clearly mentioned that my application was received on 9th Feb,so if you have that email which mention the received that and if that is before 19th feb, you can follow up with AINP as that time, yu have to be on h1 at the time of application only.But if email says that your appln was recvd after feb 19th date, then its a different story.

Chinga, redstar, did u hear back anything on your status?
Grewals

hais

Jul 9, 2009
Hi, Seeya:

I am wondering whether you can re-submit your applicaiton now. I think the processing time will be shorter than last year since there were much fewer applicants after last May. Also, you NOC is a rare one, so your case may be processed faster. Just my 2-cents. Good luck.

nomad_musafir

Jan 13, 2009
divagirl said:
Hi Folks,

divagirl,

sorry to hear about the rejection. i'm not sure if you are still interested in Canadian PR, or are content with getting a kiwi PR. but, if you would like to pursue AINP, i'd suggest you to contact them and remind them that you applied for AINP with the old rules.

GirlOntario

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
seeya said:

FYI,

All the best to th
What options you have?
1. Does FSW list include 2151 NOC code?
2. You may want to find a university in Canada and get admission and after 1 year of full time graduate study you may qualify under International Graduate Category. Check some universities.
3. find a Canadian permanent resident/citizen spouse who can sponser you. If you are single.

Chinga_Canada

Star Member
Nov 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
grewals said:
Divagirl,

When I got my ile number in email, it was clearly mentioned that my application was received on 9th Feb,so if you have that email which mention the received that and if that is before 19th feb, you can follow up with AINP as that time, yu have to be on h1 at the time of application only.But if email says that your appln was recvd after feb 19th date, then its a different story.

Chinga, redstar, did u hear back anything on your status?
Grewals
Hi Grewals,

I heaven't heard anything so far. I wouldn't be surprised if they reject my application. I have given up on AINP. So good bye folks. I don't think I will be a very active member in this forum henceforth. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting for nomination!!!!

redstar

Star Member
Jan 28, 2009
Hi Diva Girl
Sorry to hear for rejection of your application,So all these days you have been in US or out of US.U know I am also in the same boat and more over one thing r u application is pre- assessed even your application received before Feb 19th as my docs reached after 19th Feb so i also now think of other options.

Thanks & Regards