+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B - Alberta PNP File Number / Certificate Timeline

sb_ainp

Jan 14, 2010
Hi All,

My application receipt date is 14th April 2009. (The dreaded date).
NOC 2173 - Software Engineers
Its 14th Jan 2010 today and I've not yet received any communication from AINP. Not even the file Number.

I applied through an advocate and when asked him to get it verified, he said, that the file have not come back yet and this means that it is getting processed. The file number would have got generated but they might have missed out in communicating the file number back to me or them. He told me sending back the file number to the candidate is not a mandatory step for AINP and there are chances that it get missed out, but since file itself has not come back, this means it is getting processed.
He also said that Jan 2010 onwards, there should be new quota opening up for AINP, so that it can process back log cases.

My question to you guys are -
1. Is it possible to not to have the file number till this time?
2. Have you heard any other such case?
3. Is there any way, I can get the status of my file?

My concern is that NOC 2173 is removed from current job list, so I would like to get it processed in this flow only.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance

anonymously

Aug 13, 2009
I applied April 8th and it was received on April 16th.
I have NOT received my File number yet.

As mentioned here 'They have experienced a higher than expected volume of applications in the U.S. Visa Holder Category' and 'All eligible applications without a job offer from an Alberta employer may take at least 12 months to be processed.'

Keep the faith. Patience is the key.

arsn21

Star Member
Jan 5, 2010
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SB, Sorry about your situation -- you NOC was valid when you applied and well after that --- It took me 6 months to get my file # and my app was received apr 16th.

Do you know if your email was included on the application -- file number generally arrives via email -- have you received any email waht so ever from AINP !

Hang in there ! :'(

sb_ainp said:
Hi All,

My application receipt date is 14th April 2009. (The dreaded date).
NOC 2173 - Software Engineers
Its 14th Jan 2010 today and I've not yet received any communication from AINP. Not even the file Number.

I applied through an advocate and when asked him to get it verified, he said, that the file have not come back yet and this means that it is getting processed. The file number would have got generated but they might have missed out in communicating the file number back to me or them. He told me sending back the file number to the candidate is not a mandatory step for AINP and there are chances that it get missed out, but since file itself has not come back, this means it is getting processed.
He also said that Jan 2010 onwards, there should be new quota opening up for AINP, so that it can process back log cases.

My question to you guys are -
1. Is it possible to not to have the file number till this time?
2. Have you heard any other such case?
3. Is there any way, I can get the status of my file?

My concern is that NOC 2173 is removed from current job list, so I would like to get it processed in this flow only.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance

freeradical17

Star Member
Mar 1, 2009
Hi Guys,

I enquired if my nomination has been sent for which I got the reply "Package was mailed sometimes in the beginning of January."
I have given redirection instrutions to USPS. Can any of you let me know how many days it takes for the mail to reach from canada?

Thanks
FR

Chinga_Canada

Star Member
Nov 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats Freeradical.Redstar, Divagirl, Grewals any news from AINP????? Looks like March and April applicants have started getting nominations

freeradical17

Star Member
Mar 1, 2009
Chinga_Canada said:
Congrats Freeradical.Redstar, Divagirl, Grewals any news from AINP????? Looks like March and April applicants have started getting nominations
Hi Chinga,

I am yet to receive the package. Keeping fingers crossed!

FR

Chinga_Canada

Star Member
Nov 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Freeradical are you still in the US or out of H1B status. Guys like me, divagirl, grewals and redstar are out of H1B status but since our application reached before Feb 19th we are hoping that we qualify!!!! and that AINP issue us our nomination

anonymously

Aug 13, 2009
@ sb_ainp : I forgot my NOC but it might be the same.
Did you ever get any email communication from AINP confirming that they received your application?
I received a couple of emails from them since I applied so I know that they have my papers.
Goodluck!

sb_ainp said:
@ anonymously,

Thanks for the quick response.

Is your application also under NOC 2173?

freeradical17

Star Member
Mar 1, 2009
Chinga_Canada said:
Freeradical are you still in the US or out of H1B status. Guys like me, divagirl, grewals and redstar are out of H1B status but since our application reached before Feb 19th we are hoping that we qualify!!!! and that AINP issue us our nomination
Hi Chinga,
I am still on H1-B. Request for docs were made in the month of Nov. I came to India only in Nov & hence I was able to send them my latest paystub along with H1-B approval notice which is valid for another 1 yr.

FR

grewals

Nov 24, 2009
Chinga_Canada said:
Chinga,
Did u call AINP abt your status? I have called them and they said it's pending with hiher authority for review. Pls check and confirm what they say abt u, so we may know the trend for out of h1 guys.

Grewals

bibo

Jan 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2009
Doc's Request.
25-11-2009
Nomination.....
30-11-2009
AOR Received.
17-07-2010
Med's Request
17-07-2010
Med's Done....
27-07-2010
Passport Req..
24-03-2011
me and my wife are going to submit fingerprints for the California state clearance as well as fbi clearance.
but since my wife is on h4 visa she doesn't have ssn nor california driver license.
will that be a problem? what did you guys put in those 2 fields. what about the field on the FBI card for SSN? what did you guys put there?
please advise.
thank you

Chinga_Canada

Star Member
Nov 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
grewals said:
Chinga,
Did u call AINP abt your status? I have called them and they said it's pending with hiher authority for review. Pls check and confirm what they say abt u, so we may know the trend for out of h1 guys.

Grewals
Hi Grewals,

I didn't receive any reply from AINP yet. Will let you guys know

arimoham

Jan 4, 2010
bibo said:
me and my wife are going to submit fingerprints for the California state clearance as well as fbi clearance.
but since my wife is on h4 visa she doesn't have ssn nor california driver license.
will that be a problem? what did you guys put in those 2 fields. what about the field on the FBI card for SSN? what did you guys put there?
please advise.
thank you
Hi
Same situation here, but I live in Mass and for this state clearence SSN is optional. For FBI card, fingerprint agent advised me to add a cover letter stating the reason for not having SSN and mention the ITIN number. Hope you should be having ITIN in your case. This is how I'm planning to apply for my wife - FBI clearence.

yojo

Star Member
Dec 2, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 2009
AOR Received.
17-JUL-2010
File Transfer...
17-NOV-2010 (Seattle)
Med's Request
17-JUL-2010
Med's Done....
05-AUG-2010
Passport Req..
22-FEB-2011
VISA ISSUED...
02-MAR-2011
LANDED..........
waiting
Hi bibo,

My husband is also on H4. He put 'None' in SSN field for FBI fingerprinting. So you can put either that or N/A.