Waived
Passport Req..
15-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2010
LANDED..........
Not Yet
Grow up Kid !!

You are facing the world, stop blaming - it will not help or improve your status.

songx1230000 said:
Pleople from one country (everyone knows which one it is) have applied more applications than any other. This is really affecting folks who really want to immigrate to Alberta.

immighopeful

Nov 11, 2009
Hi,
I just came across this forum and thread. I wanted to provide my dates for tracking purposes.
After a wait of about 6+ months, I got my receipt #.
Application received : April 20th, 2009
NOC : 2171
File # : xxxx-xx-48xx
Email received: Oct 27th, 2009

Best luck guys.
-AS.

immighopeful

Nov 11, 2009
Chinga_Canada said:
Hello Everyone,

My application reached in January of 2009. I received my file number in March 8XX. Still I haven't received the nomination. Any idea when We can expect the nomination. Meanwhile I have returned back from the US and am back in India. Does anyone know the timeline of the New Delhi Consulate as I will be filing my case in New Delhi

Cheers
Chinga Cowa banga
Hi Chinga Cowa banga..
It looks like this may be a bit of a problem. See this link.. http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/immigrate/srsvisaholder.html
"A Candidate must be currently working in the United States and possess a valid visa in one of the following temporary skilled worker visa categories: H-1B, H-1B1, H-1C, E-3 at the time the AINP makes a final decision on the application;"

It looks like if you can be in the USA on H1 visa at the time when they make the final decision, and if the decision is positive, then you may be able to benefit from the nomination. But I am not an expert and I could be wrong.

Regards,
AS.

immighopeful

Nov 11, 2009
Hi all,
As you may know the NOC 2171 is no more on the Alberta Occupation under pressure list, which was updated on 9/1/09.
However, they do mention the applications submitted prior to 9/1/09 shall be considered with the older 'occupations under pressure list'.
Does anyone have a copy of the older list, or point me to the url where it can be found.. Thanks.

I hate to speculate but if the AINP/CIC decides to process applications filed under NOC code xxxx only based on projected demand for the particular code .. and on a first come first served basis... (in other words, shelve the tons of applications filed under a particular code until they perceive a demand for that particular code), we may witness a deja vu, similar to the green card process.. Thoughts?

Regards,
AS.

Sam123

Nov 11, 2009
Hi All,

Me an my friend received the file numbers last week through the Lawyers in Edmonton, Alberta.

My Details
Application - Apr 2009 last week
Query for additional documnets - Aug 14 2009
Category 2171
File number - 55xx

My Friend's details are very much the same. Though he applied little later but he never got any query for additional documents (even though I sent them present emplyment letter they asked for it again. )

My lawyer is of the view.....It is not very positive situation. He said that around 500- 600 nominations were issued in total this year. Few cases where people have manged to get job offer are getting nominations, he asked me to explore that avenue. And said not to expect any thing will change next year. There will be another 500-600 next year at max. He is already talking about looking else where or trying out the Federal route (I guess more money for him). What waste of money. Donot rely timeline mentioned on the website....as he said nobody is bound by time line to issue nominations.

So this program is pretty much kaput, I believe. One suggestion to anyone applying now there is no need of lawyer to apply for this program. You will be just wasting money, just do it yourself if you are still hopefull.

Thanks

Sam

Jasper

May 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2009 (AINP), 25-03-2010 (CIC)
Doc's Request.
19-11-2009
Nomination.....
23-11-2009
AOR Received.
15-07-2010
Med's Request
15-07-2010
Med's Done....
22-07-2010
Passport Req..
24-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2011
LANDED..........
14-06-2011
immighopeful said:
Hi all,
As you may know the NOC 2171 is no more on the Alberta Occupation under pressure list, which was updated on 9/1/09.
However, they do mention the applications submitted prior to 9/1/09 shall be considered with the older 'occupations under pressure list'.
Does anyone have a copy of the older list, or point me to the url where it can be found.. Thanks.

I hate to speculate but if the AINP/CIC decides to process applications filed under NOC code xxxx only based on projected demand for the particular code .. and on a first come first served basis... (in other words, shelve the tons of applications filed under a particular code until they perceive a demand for that particular code), we may witness a deja vu, similar to the green card process.. Thoughts?

Regards,
AS.
I don't have the link to old NOC lists, but I remember which occupations were removed from the list when.

The following occupations were removed from the list on May 19, 2009;
2147: Computer Engineers (Except Software Engineers)
2171: Information Systems Analysts and Consultants
2172: Database Analysts and Data Administrators
2173: Software Engineers and Designers
2174: Computer Programmers and Interactive Media Developers
2175: Web Designers and Developers
2281: Computer and Network Operators
2283: Systems Testing Technicians

The following occupation was removed from the list on Sep 1, 2009;
0213: Computer and Information systems Manager

No one know how NOC codes affect nomination process at this point, but we will find out once AINP starts issuing our nomination certificates (accoding to thier processing time, they may start issuing nominations soon unless they change the processing time).

You will find everyone's timeline (including application date, file number date, and NOC code) in this link:http://tinyurl.com/AINP-Tracking-System
Your timeline will be updated here, too. (Surprisingly the majority of AINP SRS H1-B applicants applied under the NOC codes which have already been removed from the list.)

jimmyz500

Star Member
Jul 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2009
Doc's Request.
15-03-2010
Nomination.....
24-05-2010
AOR Received.
31-01-2011
Med's Request
31-01-2011
Med's Done....
21-02-2011
This was briefly discussed in this forum earlier, can anyone confirm if the file numbers, currently at 5xxx, includes all streams? or just the US Visa holder stream? If it includes all streams, perhaps it would give us some hope.

Thx

Sam123 said:
My lawyer is of the view.....It is not very positive situation. He said that around 500- 600 nominations were issued in total this year. Few cases where people have manged to get job offer are getting nominations, he asked me to explore that avenue. And said not to expect any thing will change next year. There will be another 500-600 next year at max. He is already talking about looking else where or trying out the Federal route (I guess more money for him). What waste of money. Donot rely timeline mentioned on the website....as he said nobody is bound by time line to issue nominations.

So this program is pretty much kaput, I believe. One suggestion to anyone applying now there is no need of lawyer to apply for this program. You will be just wasting money, just do it yourself if you are still hopefull.

Thanks

Sam

Sonu81

Star Member
May 20, 2009
jimmyz500 said:
This was briefly discussed in this forum earlier, can anyone confirm if the file numbers, currently at 5xxx, includes all streams? or just the US Visa holder stream? If it includes all streams, perhaps it would give us some hope.

Thx
unfortunately they are only for H1B AINP..they stated from 0 when the AINP H1B program started in mid 2008, reached 300 in december 2008 and reached 700 in February 2009. After that it shot up badly......

venky321

Star Member
May 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
26-05-2016
Well, about 500-600 nominations a year. 5000 pending nominations, thats 10 years!. Your chances are better waiting for the green card in the US.

uma_wipro

Nov 13, 2009
send docs on jun 09 for AINP-2174

Hi,
I have applied for AINP Alberta with NOC-2174 on second week of JUN 09, but till now didn't get any file number. Can you please let me know when can i expect file number?

Thanks,

anoop

Star Member
May 18, 2009
Re: send docs on jun 09 for AINP-2174

uma_wipro said:
Hi,
I have applied for AINP Alberta with NOC-2174 on second week of JUN 09, but till now didn't get any file number. Can you please let me know when can i expect file number?

Thanks,
Hi Uma,
My application reached alberta on 23rd April 2009(NOC 2173).I got file number on Nov 9th 2009.So probably u applied in the month of June u should get the fle number some where in the month of JAN or if Delayed FEB 2010.Anyways getting file number is absolutely is of no use.We have to have Nomination letter from AINP to keep the ball rolling.All the best

Anoop

Anoop

Chinga_Canada

Star Member
Nov 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Uma_Wipro

I applied in Jan and got file number in March. I am a candiadate from the old process. My file number is 8XX but I haven't received my nomination yet!!!!! so all those who applied in June, July etc have a long wait for file number and a long wait from thereon for nomination. I wouldn't be surprised if they just scrap the program as there is no need for them to take immigrants anymore as the economy is in such a bad shape. One of my friends who is a PHD, is in Calgary and is working as a part-time waiter in some diner!!!!

Chinga Cowa Banga

Sonu81

Star Member
May 20, 2009
Guys, apart from the standard "refer to our website" and "due to large volume of application"...
did anybody recently had any kind of discussion with any AINP guy about what is going on.....

johnradus

Jan 2, 2009
Re: send docs on jun 09 for AINP-2174

uma_wipro said:
Hi,

Thanks,
Hi Uma

As far as I know, all the computer occupations including NOC 2174 were removed from the list on MAY 19th. I am not sure how you qualify given that you applied on June 09?

Chinga_Canada

Star Member
Nov 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
immighopeful said:
Chinga_Canada said:
Hello Everyone,

My application reached in January of 2009. I received my file number in March 8XX. Still I haven't received the nomination. Any idea when We can expect the nomination. Meanwhile I have returned back from the US and am back in India. Does anyone know the timeline of the New Delhi Consulate as I will be filing my case in New Delhi

Cheers
Chinga Cowa banga
Hi Chinga Cowa banga..
It looks like this may be a bit of a problem. See this link.. http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/immigrate/srsvisaholder.html
"A Candidate must be currently working in the United States and possess a valid visa in one of the following temporary skilled worker visa categories: H-1B, H-1B1, H-1C, E-3 at the time the AINP makes a final decision on the application;"

It looks like if you can be in the USA on H1 visa at the time when they make the final decision, and if the decision is positive, then you may be able to benefit from the nomination. But I am not an expert and I could be wrong.

Regards,
AS.
Hi immighopeful,

Since my application reached before Feb 19th I should be fine. I just had to be in status at the time of application which i was!!!!!

Chinga Cowa Banga