H1B - Alberta PNP File Number / Certificate Timeline

Database Admin

Star Member
Apr 17, 2009
Re: File number advantage

joshihere said:
Application sent : 25 March
File number recieved : 10 August

Can someone guide about how much time it takes to get the PNP nominaiton?
What is the advantage of getting file number? Can I look for a job in Alberta? Being very optismitic, :p if I get one, what will be the process to join for the job? Does anyone have any idea about how much time the process will take?

Will this file number have the same advantage for my spouce? Same questions for him. Can he search and join for a job opportunity in alberta? if yes how and how soon?

Everyone seems to be very happy after recieving the file number... :) Should I be happy too?

File number means AINP received your application and is being processed. No happiness until nomination.

vzaveri

Aug 10, 2009
Jasper, my NOC is 0611.
Not sure if they are looking at the NOC to make selections.

Jasper said:
vzaveri said:
Hi There,

My application was sent by my attorneys on Feb 9 2009
Received acknowledgment of receipt on May 11 2009 confirming that they received my application on March 17 2009
File Number XXXX-XX-1273

Read several threads on this forum but am having a hard time figuring out what the timeline is. Would appreciate it if someone is kind enough to elaborate a little.
Thanks
V
AINP changed the processing time for SRS H1-B last Friday. New processing time is...
Notification (pre-assessment): At least four months
Candidate assessment: At least eight months
Total AINP processing time: At least twelve months (Now they use the word "At least" instead of "Up to")
The website also says "In some cases, it may be at least 12 months before processing commences on an application without a job offer."

And it seems that AINP has stopped issuing nomination certificates because no one in this forum has received nomination for over a month. It is probably due to the economy, but anyway this is a bad news for all of us. (AINP gives priority processing for those with a job offer, but you know how difficult it is...)

BTW, what is your NOC?

Albertadude

Star Member
Apr 6, 2009

joshihere said:

What is the advantage of getting file number? Can I look for a job in Alberta? Being very optismitic, :p if I get one, what will be the process to join for the job? Does anyone have any idea about how much time the process will take?

Will this file number have the same advantage for my spouce? Same questions for him. Can he search and join for a job opportunity in alberta? if yes how and how soon?

Everyone seems to be very happy after recieving the file number... :) Should I be happy too?
A lot of us folks got file number in Feb and March. Some of us are from the old process with pre-asessment done!!!! and have been waiting since. So there is no point of being happy but again it depends on the individual, but atleast you know that AINP received you application and have entered into their system for processing. Now getting nomination will take time atleast 8 months from hereon per the new timeline they have established

Jasper

May 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2009 (AINP), 25-03-2010 (CIC)
Doc's Request.
19-11-2009
Nomination.....
23-11-2009
AOR Received.
15-07-2010
Med's Request
15-07-2010
Med's Done....
22-07-2010
Passport Req..
24-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2011
LANDED..........
14-06-2011
vzaveri said:
Jasper, my NOC is 0611.
Thanks.

I'm helping vsrao and DJ entering everyone's info into the tracking system, so I needed your NOC code.

And I agree with you. We don't know whether NOC codes make any difference in the process, but it may tell us something later.

Good Luck!

vsrao

Mar 10, 2009
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Jasper said:
vzaveri said:
Jasper, my NOC is 0611.
Thanks.

I'm helping vsrao and DJ entering everyone's info into the tracking system, so I needed your NOC code.

And I agree with you. We don't know whether NOC codes make any difference in the process, but it may tell us something later.

Good Luck!
Yep Jasper is helping me in updating the online tracker.

To All

Please post your timelines in this thread. Will take it from here to update the online tracker. Provide information in the following format.

Pre-Assessment :
Application received date :
NOC :
Last four digits of your file#(Please no X's) :
File# received Date :
Date on Nomination :
Nomination Received date

joshihere

Aug 12, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Albertadude said:
joshihere said:

A lot of us folks got file number in Feb and March. Some of us are from the old process with pre-asessment done!!!! and have been waiting since. So there is no point of being happy but again it depends on the individual, but atleast you know that AINP received you application and have entered into their system for processing. Now getting nomination will take time atleast 8 months from hereon per the new timeline they have established
Can you please answer my question about job scenario? What if me or my spouse gets a job? under what visa / permit can (?) we accept the offer?

vsrao

Mar 10, 2009
Visa Office......
Buffalo

joshihere said:
Albertadude said:
joshihere said:

Can you please answer my question about job scenario? What if me or my spouse gets a job? under what visa / permit can (?) we accept the offer?
Here are couple of threads go through them

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t21781.0.html
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t23325.0.html
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t17343.0.html
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t14590.0.html

image6000

Aug 12, 2009
Does any one know what was the last File Number that was nominated 7***-09-????   Let's keep focus on main issue. And let AINP folks do their job on their own pace. We should be very thankful at least they are giving us this golden oppurtunities (As compared to US governement who is trying to kick out honest hardworking H1-b visa holder)

Jasper

May 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
19-11-2009
Nomination.....
23-11-2009
AOR Received.
15-07-2010
Med's Request
15-07-2010
Med's Done....
22-07-2010
Passport Req..
24-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2011
LANDED..........
14-06-2011
image6000 said:
Does any one know what was the last File Number that was nominated 7***-09-???? Let's keep focus on main issue. And let AINP folks do their job on their own pace. We should be very thankful at least they are giving us this golden oppurtunities (As compared to US governement who is trying to kick out honest hardworking H1-b visa holder)
The last known file numbers for nomination are 6XX, but it's more than a month ago. Since then, we haven't seen anyone receiving nomination.

The following link (created by vsrao and DJ in this forum) will show you the timeline of people in this forum.
http://tinyurl.com/AINP-Tracking-System

image6000

Aug 12, 2009
Jasper, Do you know when will nomination with 79**-09-17** gets nominated? Also does any one has information on avg monthly nomination AINP folks are doing for H1-b category ?

Let's pray and stay calm and hope that nomination process speed up with that of employment file numbers (Now stands around 6*** If i am not wrong. (Please correct me with latest employment file numbers)

Jasper

May 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
19-11-2009
Nomination.....
23-11-2009
AOR Received.
15-07-2010
Med's Request
15-07-2010
Med's Done....
22-07-2010
Passport Req..
24-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2011
LANDED..........
14-06-2011
image6000 said:
Jasper, Do you know when will nomination with 79**-09-17** gets nominated? Also does any one has information on avg monthly nomination AINP folks are doing for H1-b category ?

Let's pray and stay calm and hope that nomination process speed up with that of employment file numbers (Now stands around 6*** If i am not wrong. (Please correct me with latest employment file numbers)
Unfortunately, applicants with file number 17XX need to wait for a long time. Now the processing time for SRS H1-B assessment is "At Least 8 months." The file numbers 17XX were issued about June/July, so the nomination certificates will probably be issued early next year or later. But the processing time might change in the future, so actually no one knows for sure.

And it seems that AINP has stopped issuing nomination certificates for H1-B category applicants since the end of June. No one in this forum received nomination in July and Aug. This may be due to AINP's concern about the economic situation, but we can't do anything but wait at this point.

The latest nominated ones had file number 06XX (last 4 digits). As you said, let's pray and stay calm. That's the best we can do now.

Good Luck!

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jasper,

The recession has hit every part of the world and they cannot intake more immigrants when the existing residents are unemployed. They have their strategy and they will follow it without taxing the existing condition of the province. All we can do is is wait for things to improve.

at-80

Star Member
May 24, 2009
AG,
Under what NOC have you applied and what are your timelines?

Seems like you have been very active in this forum in last few days and it's good to see such active members!!

I applied in May 09.

Thanks