+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B - Alberta PNP File Number / Certificate Timeline

OilyAlberta

Jul 10, 2009
CometoAlberta said:
because there will be always someone talking about "canada is not good, canada is ~~~", i hate such words.

if you are thinking about immigrating to Canada, please don't say any bad words on it. since others may like this country. Your home country also have lots of questions and that's why you don't plan to go back.

i just somehow don't like people who are immigrating to one place but still keep on saying that it's not good to him. Thus please don't be there. It's a little disgust. don't you think? especially for those people who feel good.

MyAlberta said:
So this seems to be true that they are taking more than 4 months to send nominations after file no.Even i got almost the same response as differentquestion when i called ainp.There seems to be no option but to waiiiiit....

So good luck guys!
nobody is discouraging you and nobdy is discouraging you. Someby is just presenting the view. It is upto you to get encouraged or discouraged. Where did I say that i am discouraging you. Go back and read my post. Your own crack head is discouraging you, not me. Go back and read my post...sob...

MyAlberta

May 1, 2009
So Guys,

We should all wait & calm down.Just wait for good things to happen.I don't think we should loose hope.
Cheer up guys !

OilyAlberta

Jul 10, 2009
differentquestion said:
Guys,
Just spoke to AINP Office. Told them that its been over 4 months and am a old process candidate, didn't receive nomination or other communication. She said it is taking time and I should wait for atleast another 2 months before calling them
that's so bad...your application went there on 1/20..wow....

Also you have preassesment so this means you first sent pre-assesment application in December 2008....Looks like the processing time for you actual will be 10-11 months for you....

so bad...fast track AINP...lol

AlbertaResident

Jul 22, 2009
MyAlberta said:
So Guys,

We should all wait & calm down.Just wait for good things to happen.I don't think we should loose hope.
Cheer up guys !
Dear friends,

I agree with myalberta we need to be very very calm and patient throught this process. accusing one another will not get us any nomination.

MyAlberta

May 1, 2009
I was also told that ainp is working hard to cover up the timelines as there is lot of pressure because of high volume of applications.They also suggested not to apply for pcc, unless we hear something from them.

AlbertaResident

Jul 22, 2009
MyAlberta said:
I was also told that ainp is working hard to cover up the timelines as there is lot of pressure because of high volume of applications.They also suggested not to apply for pcc, unless we hear something from them.
They are forced to slow down the process as the economy situation is bad in alberta. we need to have patience and cooperate with them.

Albertadude

Star Member
Apr 6, 2009
MyAlberta said:
Should one wait till nomination to apply for PCC's or one can start to apply for PCC's 4 months after getting file number. Per AINP timeline they say 4 months for Pre-assessment(Issuance of file number) and 4 months for Candidate assessment

AlbertaResident

Jul 22, 2009
Albertadude said:
MyAlberta said:
Should one wait till nomination to apply for PCC's or one can start to apply for PCC's 4 months after getting file number. Per AINP timeline they say 4 months for Pre-assessment(Issuance of file number) and 4 months for Candidate assessment
albertadude,

it is better to wait to get the nomination certificate or you might lose your money. pcc have validity of 3 months.

MyAlberta

May 1, 2009
Albertadude,

Iasked her if i could apply for pcc as i applied in jan,she suggested not to apply at this time.So i think we should wait untill we hear something from ainp,because nobody is sure when people will start getting nominations again especially the old process applicants.

Ell.Bee

Jan 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb - 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov - 2009
Nomination.....
Dec - 2009 CIC App. Filed..: May 2010
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-17-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
I just got off the phone call with an AINP officer. According to him they are still trying to keep up with the timeline of 4 months (from the date the file number was issued) but it differs case by case.

Another thing I asked him upfront if the process is on hold or have recently issued nominations. He said ‘I can guarantee you that we are issuing nomination at this time’. (So I guess not all the applicants are on the forum. We dont even have list of 100 applicants with vsrao, while the file numbers have crossed 4000)

When I asked him about the file numbers received on March 19th (which is my case). He said that we should expect it soon, sometime it take a while between process of the nomination approved, then printed and mailed.

I think it can take up to a month to get to your mailbox from date of approval, based on what we have seen some folks receive nominations which have nomination dates of a month ago.

abInMind

Star Member
Apr 1, 2009
El Bee, when you say "File number received on March 19th", do you mean "Email from Alberta with File Number has a timestamp March 19th", or "Alberta says in the email, we created the file number on March 19th"?

~SA

Ell.Bee

Jan 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb - 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov - 2009
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-17-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
abInMind said:
El Bee, when you say "File number received on March 19th", do you mean "Email from Alberta with File Number has a timestamp March 19th", or "Alberta says in the email, we created the file number on March 19th"?

~SA
You are right, the email received on 19th March timestamp. One of the reason I refer to 19th March is along with me there were many other folks who got file numbers on the same day.

But then I question myself, there are some applicants who received file numbers in Feb 2009, what about them?

Ell.Bee

Jan 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb - 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov - 2009
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-17-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
abInMind said:

~SA
abInMind,

I see that you too are preassesed and infact have received the file number in Feb. Have you tried calling them?

MyAlberta

May 1, 2009
Thanks for the update Ellbee.If you don't mind can you please tell us the date they mentioned in your email for receiving your application.