+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B - Alberta PNP File Number / Certificate Timeline

abInMind

Star Member
Apr 1, 2009
no updates from my side. I called Alberta yesterday to ask about the priority processing if you have a job and how to go about looking for a job, and they just gave me general information ~ search on jobbank.ca.ga and then contact us. I called up my attorney and asked if anyone else recieved nomination recently, and they said a few who applied in the first week of Jan had recieved nomination four weeks ago, but after that, there havent been any.

Others, any updates?

ChaloCanada

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2009
Doc's Request.
19-11-2009
Nomination.....
23-11-2009
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
File Transfer...
19-OCT-2010 (to NY)
Med's Request
22-06-2010
Med's Done....
09-07-2010; reached 23-07-2010
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
30-12-2010, dated-15-12-2010
In the end Canadian consultants made money. and alberta got a piece of it.

AlbertaAINP

Star Member
Feb 25, 2009
I don't think there is anyone in this forum, who got job offer for H1B category. In the past also people tried for jobs after getting nomination, but they were not succesful. The bottom line is, nobody wants to hire you without PR card. So I do not think there are that many candidates with job offer.

I guess this program is already dead. Without PR card we will not get a job offer and without job offer AINP will not process our application. Yes, we are doomed.

OilyAlberta

Jul 10, 2009
Guys: I agree with ChaloCanada

I agree that Canada is good country to live but the truth is also that immigration has become a big bussiness and consultants, attorneys and CIC itself is making money by milking prospective immigrants....

There are tens of thousands of people who are waiting for refund of their application fee from CIC who applied for FSW and CIC changed rules after they applied. Now, that was not immigrants fault but CIC rejected the applications of those people applied before rules and said people will get refund. They have not refunded any money which might be 10's of millions of dollars even after 1.5 years...CIC is just collecting intrest on that money to date.

Same is case with immigration attorneys who take money for filling a few forms.

Ell.Bee

Jan 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb - 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov - 2009
Nomination.....
Dec - 2009 CIC App. Filed..: May 2010
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-17-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
vsrao said:
deveshjaitley, abInMind, Appu

You guys have completed 5months(More than 151 days) after receiving file numbers as per the online AINP timeline tracker

indium-sulfide-2, ray, differentquestion, royal148811, bertaorbust, bibo, kins4u2, Ell.Bee Colleague, Ell.Bee, hotchick19, sun007, cuterash

You guys have completed 4months(More than 122 days) after receiving file numbers as per the online AINP timeline tracker.

Please let us know your updates if you have contacted Alberta Immigration information service.
The last time I had called AINP was sometime end of April and they told me that the applicants who received the file numbers on March 19th should see a decission by July end/early August. And if I do not hear anything by August first two weeks then to call back. I am thinking of waiting till then.

Ell.Bee

Jan 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb - 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov - 2009
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-17-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
OilyAlberta said:
Guys: I agree with ChaloCanada

I agree that Canada is good country to live but the truth is also that immigration has become a big bussiness and consultants, attorneys and CIC itself is making money by milking prospective immigrants....

There are tens of thousands of people who are waiting for refund of their application fee from CIC who applied for FSW and CIC changed rules after they applied. Now, that was not immigrants fault but CIC rejected the applications of those people applied before rules and said people will get refund. They have not refunded any money which might be 10's of millions of dollars even after 1.5 years...CIC is just collecting intrest on that money to date.

Same is case with immigration attorneys who take money for filling a few forms.
My two cents out here. If the applications for FSW was done through a consulting firm, it is a totally differnt case. The consulting firms are hesitating from withdrawing the application as they will lose their business/case with the application.

This is based on experience of few people who first applied for FSW through consultants and now applied for AINP on their own. The consultants have given them a tough time and resistance to withdraw the application as all they care is getting their commission.

Best is to contact CIC directly for the withdrawal and not wait on the consultant.

differentquestion

Jan 4, 2008
Guys,
Just spoke to AINP Office. Told them that its been over 4 months and am a old process candidate, didn't receive nomination or other communication. She said it is taking time and I should wait for atleast another 2 months before calling them.

She can't check my file or anyone else's and said they've got thousands of applications and are currently processing them. She also confirmed that the old rule (apps received before 19th feb) will apply so no need to worry if I've to leave the US.

So basically no clear cut answer on when will we get it...
Heading back to my waiting chair :)

CometoAlberta

Mar 24, 2009
today i called AINP and a very nice man answered my call. He checked my case number and told me that the final decision has not been made. i am expecting that they make the decision in next one month and we wait another one month due to mail delivery. I may receive it in Oct.

I am MARCH applicant.

Jasper

May 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2009 (AINP), 25-03-2010 (CIC)
Doc's Request.
19-11-2009
Nomination.....
23-11-2009
AOR Received.
15-07-2010
Med's Request
15-07-2010
Med's Done....
22-07-2010
Passport Req..
24-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2011
LANDED..........
14-06-2011
CometoAlberta said:
today i called AINP and a very nice man answered my call. He checked my case number and told me that the final decision has not been made. i am expecting that they make the decision in next one month and we wait another one month due to mail delivery. I may receive it in Oct.

I am MARCH applicant.
You applied in Jan and received file number in March, so you are Jan applicant, aren't you?

MyAlberta

May 1, 2009
So this seems to be true that they are taking more than 4 months to send nominations after file no.Even i got almost the same response as differentquestion when i called ainp.There seems to be no option but to waiiiiit....

So good luck guys!

CometoAlberta

Mar 24, 2009
because there will be always someone talking about "canada is not good, canada is ~~~", i hate such words.

if you are thinking about immigrating to Canada, please don't say any bad words on it. since others may like this country. Your home country also have lots of questions and that's why you don't plan to go back.

i just somehow don't like people who are immigrating to one place but still keep on saying that it's not good to him. Thus please don't be there. It's a little disgust. don't you think? especially for those people who feel good.

MyAlberta said:
So this seems to be true that they are taking more than 4 months to send nominations after file no.Even i got almost the same response as differentquestion when i called ainp.There seems to be no option but to waiiiiit....

So good luck guys!

Ell.Bee

Jan 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb - 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov - 2009
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-17-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
CometoAlberta said:
because there will be always someone talking about "canada is not good, canada is ~~~", i hate such words.

if you are thinking about immigrating to Canada, please don't say any bad words on it. since others may like this country. Your home country also have lots of questions and that's why you don't plan to go back.

i just somehow don't like people who are immigrating to one place but still keep on saying that it's not good to him. Thus please don't be there. It's a little disgust. don't you think? especially for those people who feel good.

MyAlberta said:

So good luck guys!
I second this post. If you are on this forum and intend to immigrate to Canada, you should not be discouraging others out here. Use your own judgement and make a decission if you want to make it to Canada or not. Many applicants out here want to live in the US and are applying for AINP as a backup as they dont wish to go back to their own country. Nothing wrong in it, but it takes up processing time of other folks. While you are doing this the least you could do is not talk anything discouraging about Canada. For the fact is that everyone is expecting a better life in Canada than in their home country. You will find forums and youtube videos of negativity around anything that you can think of, but this place is not to discuss that.