+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B - Alberta PNP File Number / Certificate Timeline

blue3306

Nov 12, 2011
TRUONGAN said:
most of the certified cheque/money order have 90 days validity. That is not your choice, and Buffalo knows that.
i talked to chase bank teller days ago. she said there are CHASE money order and CHASE Cash draft available. both, if i remember right, have at least FOUR YEARS valid time before cashed. you better double check with them. But you can only monitor if the cash draft/money order has been cashed by going to Chase branch and told them the check/money order number, and they will tell you the result. so, it is not difficult to stop by the branch to check the status every week or every other week. Just information. To give 90 days valid time, I am not going to use that services.

the

Star Member
Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/LA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AINP_00-03-2009, CIC_08-04-2010
Doc's Request.
na
Nomination.....
29-11-2009
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
IELTS Request
na
File Transfer...
05-01-2011 to LA
Med's Request
24-07-2010
Med's Done....
06-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18 March, 2011
LANDED..........
18 July, 2011
3 months of validity is not a problem because normally they will open up your file at least 4 weeks after they receive your application and do an assessment to see if the application is complete. If you look at the timeline, the application was received on August 13, 2010 and they sent you a letter on October 4, 2010, which is approximately 6 weeks after the application was in. But the problem was the check was already expired on September 21, 2010. Actually you only gave them from August 13 to September 20 to cash your check, that is too short.

You should issue the check on the day you mailed your package to avoid this. You should file a reconsideration saying that Buffalo already considered it is a good application, but LA office may not buy it since they also have the right to look at everything again.

Good luck.

ayu_pat

May 9, 2011
tyler_sam said:
ANYBODY HAS SAME EXPERIENCE? PLEASE SHARE

Hello guys....I would like to share my experience until now am still floating but am hoping for positive results: Here is Story:
I got nominated for PNP of Alberta under H1 B. My nomination was approved last May 2010. My certificate of nomination expiration then was Septemebr 28, 2010.
my lawyer submitted all the complted application package to Buffalo last Ausgust 13, 2010.my application was postmarked by Buffalo Immigration as application receievd August 13, 2013 and marked documents complete. probably, they did not start proceesing my application not until October 4, 2010 and they send me a letter requesting to issue a new managers check for the check that they have receieved (Dated June 29, 2010) were valied only for 90 days so in other words they want us to issue a new check. Immediately on October 6, 2010, my lawyer sent them a new managers check which they received October 10, 2010. Since then , I have not heard from buffalo regarding my application, then May 17, 2011, I received a letter requesting to undergo medical Exam, which I did on June 15, 2011. After that I have not heard again from them then last Septemebr 22, 2011, my lawyer got an email informing that to expedite the process, the file was transfered to Los angeled branch for further processing.

Then October 12, 2011, my status in ECAS made a big changed after a long time, and it says like this:

We received your application for permanent residence on October 21, 2010.

We started processing your application on October 12, 2011.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

I was puzzled the whole time for those update and has been waiting for PPR, then today my lawyer finally got an email saying that my application as refused due to my application was recieved after my nomination certificate expired last Septemebr 28, 2010.
They were absolutely wrong, The LA office did not check the history of the file when was the application was recieved by buffalo as post marked by the buffalo immigration that they received my application AUGUST 13, 2010
Now my lawyer wrote them thru email stating steps by step what happened and attached all the post marked stamps from the buffalo consulate......am really hoping to get a psotive feedback due to the fact that their reason for refusal was not my fault by theirs due to their miscalculation of dates.
I wil keep you posted guys to the developments as am sure some may have experience same situation......Good Luck to all of us.

We had similar situation, but they had returned our application for incomple information in application, after that we have sent back application, they had asked us for medical after couple of month , we have sent medical too. In the end they have sent letter for that they have refused appliaction because nomination was expired when they start processing.

blue3306

Nov 12, 2011
ayu_pat said:
We had similar situation, but they had returned our application for incomple information in application, after that we have sent back application, they had asked us for medical after couple of month , we have sent medical too. In the end they have sent letter for that they have refused appliaction because nomination was expired when they start processing.
after you re-sent your application, the date they received had passed the nomination deadline? The date you sent medical is before or after you re-submitted your application package? what does the complete application mean? Including medical? I think as long as you submitted your ORIGINAL application before the nomination deadline, you are ok because nobody can claim the original application package will meet all the requirement. Have you appealed your case?

tyler_sam

Star Member
Jun 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/04/2009
Doc's Request.
21/06/2009
Nomination.....
14/05/2010
AOR Received.
13/08/2010
IELTS Request
04/10/2010
File Transfer...
22/09/2011
Med's Request
13/05/2011
Med's Done....
16/06/2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
13/02/2012
VISA ISSUED...
26/03/2012
LANDED..........
LANDED 27/04/2012 RAINBOW BRIDGE BORDER
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INPUT… I ACTUALLY EMAILED LA AND COPIED BUFFALO OFFICE 2 DAYS AGO AND I STATED DETAIL BY DETAIL.
I AM JUST SO HAPPY THAT LA CANADIAN CONSULATE REPLIED ME THIS MORNING AND INFORM ME THAT

“After a careful and thorough review of all information in your file, your application for permanent residence in Canada file has now been reopened and the processing resumed as of this date. Your file number remains the same.”
NOW THEY ARE ASKING ME TO SUBMIT AN UPDATED FBI (FOR U.S.A) AND NEW POLICE CLEARANCE FROM MY COUNTRY OF ORIGIN, AND THAT THEY ARE GIVING ME 120 DAYS FROM THIS DATE TO COMPLY ON THAT.
ISN’T THAT AMAZING HOW PRAYERS AND HARDWORK MADE ALL THIS TO HAPPEN. PRAISE GOD AND THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT.

I WILL KEEP YOU POSTED WITH THE DEVELOPMENTS FROM THIS TIME …BUT AM PRETTY SURE AM ON MY WAY TO MY PR. THANKS GUYS AND JUST A SHARE OF THOUGH…PRAYERS DID A LOT TO MY FAVOR.

the

Star Member
Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/LA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AINP_00-03-2009, CIC_08-04-2010
Doc's Request.
na
Nomination.....
29-11-2009
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
IELTS Request
na
File Transfer...
05-01-2011 to LA
Med's Request
24-07-2010
Med's Done....
06-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18 March, 2011
LANDED..........
18 July, 2011
Tyler, so happy for you to get it resolved before Thanksgiving, that is amazing. Good luck in getting your FBI and PCC.

the

tyler_sam said:
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INPUT... I ACTUALLY EMAILED LA AND COPIED BUFFALO OFFICE 2 DAYS AGO AND I STATED DETAIL BY DETAIL.
I AM JUST SO HAPPY THAT LA CANADIAN CONSULATE REPLIED ME THIS MORNING AND INFORM ME THAT

“After a careful and thorough review of all information in your file, your application for permanent residence in Canada file has now been reopened and the processing resumed as of this date. Your file number remains the same.”
NOW THEY ARE ASKING ME TO SUBMIT AN UPDATED FBI (FOR U.S.A) AND NEW POLICE CLEARANCE FROM MY COUNTRY OF ORIGIN, AND THAT THEY ARE GIVING ME 120 DAYS FROM THIS DATE TO COMPLY ON THAT.
ISN'T THAT AMAZING HOW PRAYERS AND HARDWORK MADE ALL THIS TO HAPPEN. PRAISE GOD AND THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT.

I WILL KEEP YOU POSTED WITH THE DEVELOPMENTS FROM THIS TIME ...BUT AM PRETTY SURE AM ON MY WAY TO MY PR. THANKS GUYS AND JUST A SHARE OF THOUGH...PRAYERS DID A LOT TO MY FAVOR.

tyler_sam

Star Member
Jun 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/04/2009
Doc's Request.
21/06/2009
Nomination.....
14/05/2010
AOR Received.
13/08/2010
IELTS Request
04/10/2010
File Transfer...
22/09/2011
Med's Request
13/05/2011
Med's Done....
16/06/2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
13/02/2012
VISA ISSUED...
26/03/2012
LANDED..........
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INPUT… I ACTUALLY EMAILED LA AND COPIED BUFFALO OFFICE 2 DAYS AGO AND I STATED DETAIL BY DETAIL.
I AM JUST SO HAPPY THAT LOS ANGELES CANADIAN CONSULATE REPLIED ME THIS MORNING AND INFORM ME THAT:
NOW THEY ARE ASKING ME TO SUBMIT AN UPDATED FBI (FOR U.S.A) AND NEW POLICE CLEARANCE FROM MY COUNTRY OF ORIGIN, AND THAT THEY ARE GIVING ME 120 DAYS FROM THIS DATE TO COOMPLY ON THAT.
GOOD THING I ALREADY REQUESTED A NEW FBI CLEARANCE LAST MONTH…
ISN’T THAT AMAZING HOW PRAYERS AND HARDWORK MADE ALL THIS TO HAPPEN. PRAISE GOD AND THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT.
I WILL KEEP YOU POSTED WITH THE DEVELOPMENTS FROM THIS TIME …BUT AM PRETTY SURE AM ON MY WAY TO MY PR. THANKS GUYS AND JUST A SHARE OF THOUGHT…PRAYERS DID A LOT TO MY FAVOR.

blue3306

Nov 12, 2011
tyler_sam said:
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INPUT... I ACTUALLY EMAILED LA AND COPIED BUFFALO OFFICE 2 DAYS AGO AND I STATED DETAIL BY DETAIL.
I AM JUST SO HAPPY THAT LOS ANGELES CANADIAN CONSULATE REPLIED ME THIS MORNING AND INFORM ME THAT:
NOW THEY ARE ASKING ME TO SUBMIT AN UPDATED FBI (FOR U.S.A) AND NEW POLICE CLEARANCE FROM MY COUNTRY OF ORIGIN, AND THAT THEY ARE GIVING ME 120 DAYS FROM THIS DATE TO COOMPLY ON THAT.
GOOD THING I ALREADY REQUESTED A NEW FBI CLEARANCE LAST MONTH...
ISN'T THAT AMAZING HOW PRAYERS AND HARDWORK MADE ALL THIS TO HAPPEN. PRAISE GOD AND THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT.
I WILL KEEP YOU POSTED WITH THE DEVELOPMENTS FROM THIS TIME ...BUT AM PRETTY SURE AM ON MY WAY TO MY PR. THANKS GUYS AND JUST A SHARE OF THOUGHT...PRAYERS DID A LOT TO MY FAVOR.
happy for you.

tyler_sam

Star Member
Jun 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/04/2009
Doc's Request.
21/06/2009
Nomination.....
14/05/2010
AOR Received.
13/08/2010
IELTS Request
04/10/2010
File Transfer...
22/09/2011
Med's Request
13/05/2011
Med's Done....
16/06/2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
13/02/2012
VISA ISSUED...
26/03/2012
LANDED..........
TRUONGAN said:
most of the certified cheque/money order have 90 days validity. That is not your choice, and Buffalo knows that.
GOOD THING I ALREADY REQUESTED A NEW FBI CLEARANCE LAST MONTH…
I WILL KEEP YOU POSTED WITH THE DEVELOPMENTS FROM THIS TIME …BUT AM PRETTY SURE AM ON MY WAY TO MY PR. THANKS GUYS AND JUST A SHARE OF THOUGHT…PRAYERS DID A LOT TO MY FAVOR.

tyler_sam

Star Member
Jun 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/04/2009
Doc's Request.
21/06/2009
Nomination.....
14/05/2010
AOR Received.
13/08/2010
IELTS Request
04/10/2010
File Transfer...
22/09/2011
Med's Request
13/05/2011
Med's Done....
16/06/2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
13/02/2012
VISA ISSUED...
26/03/2012
LANDED..........
Thank you guys...I just called FBI and they say I should get back my clearance in the next 4 weeks. Thank GOD!!! GOD IS GOOD...can't help myself thanking HIM for having myfile reopened with only FBI clearance and local country clearance needed.

tyler_sam

Star Member
Jun 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/04/2009
Doc's Request.
21/06/2009
Nomination.....
14/05/2010
AOR Received.
13/08/2010
IELTS Request
04/10/2010
File Transfer...
22/09/2011
Med's Request
13/05/2011
Med's Done....
16/06/2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
13/02/2012
VISA ISSUED...
26/03/2012
LANDED..........

ayu_pat

May 9, 2011
tyler_sam said:
Thank you blue.
congrats-

Could you pls share letter format with us , so i can send them email again for reconsider my case.because your case is similar like us. but we received denied letter on may 9, 2011 & we did sent letter & documents to them for reconsider case.buffalo office only sent email that they asked alberta to extend validity of certificate , but they did not.so they denied pr application.

my question was that if alberta denied to extend validity of certificate, why buffalo sent us medical request for all of us.

ayu_pat

May 9, 2011
blue3306 said:
after you re-sent your application, the date they received had passed the nomination deadline? The date you sent medical is before or after you re-submitted your application package? what does the complete application mean? Including medical? I think as long as you submitted your ORIGINAL application before the nomination deadline, you are ok because nobody can claim the original application package will meet all the requirement. Have you appealed your case?
Blue,
Buffalo office Stamped my Application on June 17th. My AINP Nomination Expiry date was July 5th.

Later on letter dated July 30th 2010 (which I received on August 6th 2010) I was informed that few documents(my wife detailed history) were filled incomplete and need to be filled properly with all required information and send them back. I provided all required documents and filled form with all required information properly and mailed them back on August 8th 2010 along with processing fees.

At this point when CIC, Buffalo was aware that my nomination Expiry date was July 5th then they should have not accepted application and should have return them back at the same time.After 6 months we received letter from Immigration Regional Program Center Buffalo, NY for providing Medical records dated Feb 28 2011. We did our Medical on March 8th 2011 which was received by Ottawa Office on March 23rd 2011.
On may 9,2011 we received letter that pr application refused because certificate expired,because they are assuming they received application after august 8th, they had encashed check in october 2010.

After that we have sent letter & email to buffalo . but no response.

So help us here what we need to do?

tyler_sam

Star Member
Jun 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/04/2009
Doc's Request.
21/06/2009
Nomination.....
14/05/2010
AOR Received.
13/08/2010
IELTS Request
04/10/2010
File Transfer...
22/09/2011
Med's Request
13/05/2011
Med's Done....
16/06/2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
13/02/2012
VISA ISSUED...
26/03/2012
LANDED..........
ayu_pat said:
Blue,
Buffalo office Stamped my Application on June 17th. My AINP Nomination Expiry date was July 5th.

Later on letter dated July 30th 2010 (which I received on August 6th 2010) I was informed that few documents(my wife detailed history) were filled incomplete and need to be filled properly with all required information and send them back. I provided all required documents and filled form with all required information properly and mailed them back on August 8th 2010 along with processing fees.

At this point when CIC, Buffalo was aware that my nomination Expiry date was July 5th then they should have not accepted application and should have return them back at the same time.After 6 months we received letter from Immigration Regional Program Center Buffalo, NY for providing Medical records dated Feb 28 2011. We did our Medical on March 8th 2011 which was received by Ottawa Office on March 23rd 2011.
On may 9,2011 we received letter that pr application refused because certificate expired,because they are assuming they received application after august 8th, they had encashed check in october 2010.

After that we have sent letter & email to buffalo . but no response.

So help us here what we need to do?
think the reason why they refused it because you have incompletely filled up your wife’s application. If you read back in their website instruction, any incomplete application will be send back and once you send it back to them, it will have a new processing date.
My application was refused due to according to them my check became stale check due to they did not open the file that long, my application was all complete except that they requested a new check to replace it due to they were not able to cashed my check right away almost 90 days before it became stale check. And this was indicated in their letter which they sent to me when they requested new checks.
You also have only 60 days from the time you get the refusal to ask for reconsideration if you want to…you said you have the refusal letter last may 2011? I am afraid that you might have hard time now since it has been close to 7 months had passed but you can try. I will PRAY for you too.

blue3306

Nov 12, 2011
mitzi said:
Here's mine:

Oct 07 – I called the Alberta Hotline and same day got the email for the 1 page pre-assessment form; emailed it same day.
Oct 08 - Received an email requesting for more documents (H1-B visa, paystub, job description, NOC#etc)
Oct 10 – I emailed all the required documents
Oct 17 – Got the email confirming receipt of my submitted docs.
Nov 08 - Got invitation packet by mail
Nov 20 - Alberta received my application, sent by USPS
Nov 26 - Received my file#: xxx-xx-0393 by email

:)))

I looked at Buffalo office instruction for "Application for Permanent Residence: Provincial Nominees and Quebec Skilled Workers" (document name as E37048.PDF). I did not see the check box in the sections of #6 (education/training documents) and #7(work experience). Does that mean the documents for both sections 6 and 7 are NOT required for Provincial nomination applications? According to this instruction, if both provincial and quebec applicants are required, they put both boxes there; if only provincial applicant needed, they put box under provincial application only and leave blank for quebe, vise versa. . But for sections #6 and #7, no box listed. Please advise.