umaguy

Nov 9, 2008
umaguy said:
Hi, All,
Today I received my nomination. My timelines are:
Alberta received on 11-5-08
File No: -32x
Nomination received by mail: 1-17-09
Thank the people who shared their experiences here. Good luck to all!
Just wanted to add a note that I also applied through FSW last Fall. Today, I also received a letter form Buffalo. They informed me that they received Provincial nominee certificate form Alberta and gave me a file # and the instruction to continue with the PNP process. Basically, they only required some updated forms, very simple.

If you are in the similar situation as mine, but have not received anything from CIC. Maybe you will receive an instruction from Buffalo soon.

jyde

Star Member
Jan 8, 2009
Virginia
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2008
Doc's Request.
09-09-2009
Nomination.....
17-01-2009
AOR Received.
11-05-2009
IELTS Request
Not Requested
File Transfer...
20-05-2009
Med's Request
11-05-2009
Med's Done....
14-05-2009
Interview........
No Interview
Passport Req..
12-17-2009
VISA ISSUED...
12-23-2009
Congrats umanguy........................what's your NOC code?

Nov 16, 2008
hi guys:
AINP rejected my application. My file number is 36x. I am a business analyst and i had applied under NOC 2171, job title System Information Analyst and consultants. They mentioned on their rejection letter that

"your file has been reviewed, and it has been determined that your education and professional experience are equivalent to a Business Methods Analyst (NOC 1122) which is not included in the Regional occupation Under pressure list. As a result, you cannot be considered eligible for the AINP Strategic Recruitment Stream at this time.
Please note that decisions with respect to the selection of Candidates are at the sole discretion of the Provience of Alberta and are final; There is no appeal process."

I have no idea what should i do now. My job responsibility match to System Information Analyst and consultants. I will really appreciate if you guys can guide what I should do now...........PLEASE HELP

Kishor

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
As I recall the info I include for the AINP processing was LCA letter, paystub and employment letter for my PERM Labor Certification... All of them stated "Senior Software Engineer"...

ainpdude said:
Manny said:
This AINP SRS being focused on H1B, I think the intention is to attract IT professionals - with the exception of software engineers (I am yet to comprehend why this exception). Majority of H1Bs who are stuck in the US GC process are in IT related occupation and Alberta is focusing on Nanotechnology and IT services as emerging industries in that province. The H1B AINP will help get the required skills in place so that Alberta will be ready when the economy starts improving.

bendjoe said:
I think large majority of H1B's are 2171 IT Consultants.

Earlier I had a fear AINP will take off 2171 from the NOC list after the barrage of 2171 applicants. But that doesn't seem to be the case, they are nominating 2171's with out any hesitation.

friends,... i have asked this before ... but this time i will ask in a different context...
i think manny has raised an important point about "software engineer" i too never understood
s/w eng deal ....

my employer has given me a verification letter stating my designation as "software engineer" but
my h1 LCA responsibilities that I have used for proof of job description are closer to 2171 ....

quick question to seniors who got approved : did any of your employer give you a letter stating
designation as "software engineer" ... i know somebody whose nomination got approved was
a "senior software engineer" .... but i am still checking if anybody had only "software engineer"
stated in the job employement verification letter ...

any inputs are appreciated

Nov 16, 2008
hi guys:
AINP rejected my application. My file number is 36x. I am a business analyst and i had applied under NOC 2171, job title System Information Analyst and consultants. They mentioned on their rejection letter that

"your file has been reviewed, and it has been determined that your education and professional experience are equivalent to a Business Methods Analyst (NOC 1122) which is not included in the Regional occupation Under pressure list. As a result, you cannot be considered eligible for the AINP Strategic Recruitment Stream at this time.
Please note that decisions with respect to the selection of Candidates are at the sole discretion of the Provience of Alberta and are final; There is no appeal process."

I have no idea what should i do now. My job responsibility match to System Information Analyst and consultants. I will really appreciate if you guys can guide what I should do now...........PLEASE HELP

Kishor

nomad_musafir

Jan 13, 2009
Kishor,

Sorry to hear about your rejection. I am not sure you will get any groundbreaking advise from any of us here, the reason being you might be the first reported case of rejection in the H1 category. Moreover, they say there is no appeal process. Probably check with BCGuy or other PNP experts. You might want to discuss this with a good Canada Immigration lawyer.

Sorry I could not be of much help.

mango.lassee

Star Member
Dec 28, 2008
Sorry to hear your news Kishor.

I agree with nomad's suggestions. Maybe you already checked this, but can you try for FSW using the noc code that the ainp folks sent you in the letter?

nomad_musafir said:
Kishor,

Sorry to hear about your rejection. I am not sure you will get any groundbreaking advise from any of us here, the reason being you might be the first reported case of rejection in the H1 category. Moreover, they say there is no appeal process. Probably check with BCGuy or other PNP experts. You might want to discuss this with a good Canada Immigration lawyer.

Sorry I could not be of much help.

pokha69

Star Member
Jan 31, 2008
Sorry to hear this shocking news kishor. They have Business Analyst on 2171 which should be quite close to Business analyst 2171 or Business Analyst itself.
How long have been employed on H1B and where is your degree from?? I guess this might make some difference.

ss123

Star Member
Dec 14, 2008
I am assuming you initially applied through FSW and also through PNP.

Did you pay twice.

umaguy said:
umaguy said:
Hi, All,
Just wanted to add a note that I also applied through FSW last Fall. Today, I also received a letter form Buffalo. They informed me that they received Provincial nominee certificate form Alberta and gave me a file # and the instruction to continue with the PNP process. Basically, they only required some updated forms, very simple.

If you are in the similar situation as mine, but have not received anything from CIC. Maybe you will receive an instruction from Buffalo soon.

Manny

Dec 31, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, US
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 30, 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 25, 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2009 CIC App. Filed.: Mar 15, 2010
AOR Received.
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Request
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Done....
Jul 15, 2010 File transferred: Nov 10, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 15, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 23, 2010
LANDED..........
Apr 07, 2011
Kishor,
This is not the end. As there is no appeal on this you could plan on filing FSW based on the NOC given by AINP. You may only be looking at a slightly longer time period to Canadian PR. It will be useful to share you educational qualification and number of years experience in US with this forum. This will help some of us understand the reasons and help reduce fears of rejection.
Thanks!

Kishor thapaliya said:
hi guys:

Kishor

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Manny said:
Kishor,
This is not the end. As there is no appeal on this you could plan on filing FSW based on the NOC given by AINP. You may only be looking at a slightly longer time period to Canadian PR. It will be useful to share you educational qualification and number of years experience in US with this forum. This will help some of us understand the reasons and help reduce fears of rejection.
Thanks!
He cannot file under FSW with the NOC code assigned by the AINP (1122). It is not listed under 38 occupations that was recently published by CIC. If you are not aware of the new list, you may want to do some research. He cannot apply with 2171 code either. You have to be IT manager for at least for a year.

sirsmak

Star Member
Jan 19, 2009
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2010 (CIC)
Med's Request
06-02-2010
Med's Done....
11-02-2010
Passport Req..
November 3rd
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2010
LANDED..........
Landed; Feb 06, 2011
Manny said:
He cannot file under FSW with the NOC code assigned by the AINP (1122). It is not listed under 38 occupations that was recently published by CIC. If you are not aware of the new list, you may want to do some research. He cannot apply with 2171 code either. You have to be IT manager for at least for a year.
--- What do you mean by him having to be an IT manager for at least for a year?

felix31

Star Member
Dec 1, 2008
sirsmak said:
Manny said:
--- What do you mean by him having to be an IT manager for at least for a year?

What he means is that FSW was changed in February 2008. For anyone entering FSW route on or after Feb 28th 2008, occupation must be one of 38 recently published by CIC. For IT people, if you are IT manager you may qualify..

ainpdude

Nov 29, 2008
umaguy said:
umaguy said:
Hi, All,

umaguy,

thx for the info... this is information is critical..
i had applied for FSW but have not recieved any letter from CIC yet, post AINP nomination

quick questions ...

did CIC ask for fees again ?

did you have the FSW AOR/file no. at time of filing AINP ?