+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B - Alberta PNP File Number / Certificate Timeline

anoop

Star Member
May 18, 2009
cooldude_pracash said:
Hi
I applied on April 10 th I got file number on June 1st week.

I got above mail on yesterday.
So they r working on our applications.

Whats your appliation status
dude
??
My application reached alberta on April 23rd and till date i havent received any update.That is why we keep on calling the AINP espeially people like me

Anoop

Rocking vibes

Oct 29, 2008
My $0.02, since I benefited a lot from this forum..

I landed last week and it was the smoothest of the landings I have ever read.......keeping in mind the kind off complex visa situation.....I have an expired F1 on my passport with no H1B stamp at all.

I rented a car from Detroit Airport....($28 from Priceline), drove thru the Windsor tunnel, BTW I had all my docs as a backup and luggage to survive a month Just in case if I had to go for stamping in Toronto or back in my home country. OK, after crossing the moist tunnel(it runs under the Detroit river), I was stopped by the security gaurd on the Canadian side and I explained him that I was here for the landing process. He had a quick look at my passport and directed me towards the Immigration building. I was the only one in the line and the officer was very friendly and completed my paperwork, asked about how much money I was bringing in, and then told me that I don't have to fill up the form since I was not over $10000 limit(I had the form filled up already). I then gave him the goods to follow list and then he told me that my PR cards will be mailed to the Canadian address I gave him.....That's it. I asked him about the SIN office and he gave me the directions for it. After applying the SIN, I drove back thru the tunnel and the gave my passports to the US immigration officer, I told him that I was in Canada for landing and was returning back to the US, he said ok and then asked me to drive further...................I was like, should I drive to the immigration office, to get my I-94's in the passport. He said, it was no point for me to wait for 45 mins for an immigration officer to tear the bottom half of the I-797 and stick it in the passport, he asked me to do it myself. I was like WOW.....that was easy and very unlike other experiences I read...where ppl had to show AVR documentation to educated the officers and then get grilled regarding work status........I guess I just got lucky to run into a kewl officer, God bless him...................So the next step for me is to wait for my PR cards.

All the best to everyone else.....

And I also busted the myth that AINP guys cannot land elsewhere in Canada apart from Alberta, although my intentions are to settle down in Calgary once my company approves the transfer.

C

cchabert

Rocking vibes said:
My $0.02, since I benefited a lot from this forum..

I landed last week and it was the smoothest of the landings I have ever read.......keeping in mind the kind off complex visa situation.....I have an expired F1 on my passport with no H1B stamp at all.

I rented a car from Detroit Airport....($28 from Priceline), drove thru the Windsor tunnel, BTW I had all my docs as a backup and luggage to survive a month Just in case if I had to go for stamping in Toronto or back in my home country. OK, after crossing the moist tunnel(it runs under the Detroit river), I was stopped by the security gaurd on the Canadian side and I explained him that I was here for the landing process. He had a quick look at my passport and directed me towards the Immigration building. I was the only one in the line and the officer was very friendly and completed my paperwork, asked about how much money I was bringing in, and then told me that I don't have to fill up the form since I was not over $10000 limit(I had the form filled up already). I then gave him the goods to follow list and then he told me that my PR cards will be mailed to the Canadian address I gave him.....That's it. I asked him about the SIN office and he gave me the directions for it. After applying the SIN, I drove back thru the tunnel and the gave my passports to the US immigration officer, I told him that I was in Canada for landing and was returning back to the US, he said ok and then asked me to drive further...................I was like, should I drive to the immigration office, to get my I-94's in the passport. He said, it was no point for me to wait for 45 mins for an immigration officer to tear the bottom half of the I-797 and stick it in the passport, he asked me to do it myself. I was like WOW.....that was easy and very unlike other experiences I read...where ppl had to show AVR documentation to educated the officers and then get grilled regarding work status........I guess I just got lucky to run into a kewl officer, God bless him...................So the next step for me is to wait for my PR cards.

All the best to everyone else.....

And I also busted the myth that AINP guys cannot land elsewhere in Canada apart from Alberta, although my intentions are to settle down in Calgary once my company approves the transfer.
Thank you Rocking vibes, good to know, thank you for sharing.

karl

Star Member
Oct 6, 2009
Your frustation is very much understandable but do you realize this is the by far to most convenient way of getting access to Canada. Agreed they promoted it as fast-track but know the fact the just like you, everyone rushed to it before the window is shut. Dont mean to be too harsh on you but if you compare it to any other country, the AINP process is least time-consuming. ((Dont compare it to countries where you would even apply to))
Yes you are tested for patience but life can continue the way it is while they do their work.
Just take it easy!!

Sonu81 said:
especially in Canada, this whole immigration deal has become a business - immigration has become a tool to pay immigration services government employees, lawyers, consultants and fund pensions of retired canadians. the least service is done to immigrants itself. Now they openly start a program to make money for all the above and then do nothing not even shut the program to play a carrot and donkey game with Canadian government's full hand in it.

Immigration lawyers in US immediately form a union to oppose any stupid red tape(dosnt matter if govt listen or not, but they try and do sue government for red tape and push congress through agents in Washington visit www.aila.org and see how they influence and push policies). On the other hand, Canadian immigration lawyers are just busy filling up forms and making money. They do nothing if government fools people like what happened with AINP. It is a corrupt system with corruption starting from top with minister Jason Kenney - look how he fooled immigrants in New Delhi and Islamabad. People who applied in 2003 are still waiting while people who applied in 2009 are getting immigration in 4 months. All to show that his policies of "fast track" immigration works...how stupid is that and how is that fast track on the whole...what a joke....stupid people filling up the system...AINP is the latest government funded scam...

justinline

May 19, 2009
Hi All,

Here is the feedback one my friend got today. His Details
Old Process file no in 640's. Last time he was told decision has been made (that was 3 months back).

Today he was given the standard response, we are overwhelmed doing our best and blah blah blah. So he asked, as he was told that a decision has been made for his case earlier........this time the lady said she cannot comment on that. Right now only those who are having job offers are being issued nomination letters rest of the people have to wait.

So his next question was ...Wait how long? Reply was standard present timelines are atleast 12 months.

His next question .....Maa'm is this program any good now , will any one without job offer will ever see the nomination letter? Her reply (she was very calm and courteous..... as my friend described)....was very standard....We are still accepting applications, for the list of present NOC codes.

Since my friend is moving back to India end of this year, he asked whether whether this be an issue as regarding his eligibility for the program. Lady replies old process people should be fine.

His last question ...Is there any possibility he will get nomination letter by end of this year. This time lady broke a little out of rigid standard answers mold. They have quite a number of applicants with job offers who are being issued nomination. A policy decision is being expected what to do with rest of the application. Time lines are just estimates, not meant to be taken as hard and fast rule. More importantly she mentioned decision has to come from people higher up the chain.

Justin

jimmyz500

Star Member
Jul 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2009
Doc's Request.
15-03-2010
Nomination.....
24-05-2010
AOR Received.
31-01-2011
Med's Request
31-01-2011
Med's Done....
21-02-2011
AINP was a beacon of hope for many of us, I still remain hopeful, but they shouldn't treat us like rats in some experimentation, we're all real people looking to contribute to Alberta and our lives are being affected in a real way by their actions. If they say there is such a huge load of applicants, then suspend issuing file numbers, reduce the NOC list, and start processing the people who are already waiting. Don't keep issuing file numbers and not doing anything about it, that's just my personal opinion.

Sonu81

Star Member
May 20, 2009
jimmyz500 said:
AINP was a beacon of hope for many of us, I still remain hopeful, but they shouldn't treat us like rats in some experimentation, we're all real people looking to contribute to Alberta and our lives are being affected in a real way by their actions. If they say there is such a huge load of applicants, then suspend issuing file numbers, reduce the NOC list, and start processing the people who are already waiting. Don't keep issuing file numbers and not doing anything about it, that's just my personal opinion.
dude dont speak against AINP....cchabert, anewhope, despo will get mad at you...they love AINP...lol...pussy cats...

Database Admin

Star Member
Apr 17, 2009
I got the file number twice. Once in July 09 and once in october 09. They could have used that time to issue me a nomination/decision instead of issuing the same file number twice.

Sonu81

Star Member
May 20, 2009
Database Admin said:
I got the file number twice. Once in July 09 and once in october 09. They could have used that time to issue me a nomination/decision instead of issuing the same file number twice.
i told u guys earlier...they are just trying to keep themselves busy and keep their jobs until they find another "fast track pilot program"...

boomjosh2007

May 29, 2009
Hi Guys,

Called AINP today, I had contacted them earlier in mid Sept for file number and the officer advised me that if I don't get the file number by Sept end I need to contact them again. Accordingly I contacted them today and the answer was very same disappointing - "Due to large volume of application the timelines have changed bla bla bla bla". I have started losing faith in this program, not sure if they really want to give out nominations or not.

Regards
BoomJosh