+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B - Alberta PNP File Number / Certificate Timeline

Mike053

Feb 9, 2009
Manny said:
Lemme try piecing together the info we have till now:
My understanding is that a file number is allocated after an initial review of all docs (a quantitative review). Then it is forwarded to AINP for closer adjudication. I don't think a case manager is immediately allocated, but they'd go by some process that allocates a file to them "when the time is right" - I may be wrong. At this stage a qualitative review is done and I think this are the cases where we see requests for latest pay stubs or job description details. After this the case manager approves it for issuance. This issuance process again will take some time (see Ell-Bee's post abt his/her call to AINP) any where between 1 to 2 months.

Albertadude said:
So looks like AINP was trying to issue file numbers to all applicants first before nominations. I am assuming that after May19th the number of applications must have decreased drastically due to the removal of most of the IT related NOC codes. If I undertand correctly once a file number has been issued for an applicant it means that a case manager has been assigned and processing has started. Is this true!!!!
although u did good assessment but i applied in December 2008, applied with docs in Jan. 2009, got file # in march 3rd week, got call for paystub on june 7 and was told on june 8th that decision would be made "today". it is almost 2 months since then/decision has been made on my case, still nothing in mail.

also was told on phone on June 8th that all January applicants will get decision "in mail" by July end. well, July is also gone............called AINP today, it is a vacation day there. Will call tomorrow again..

yofeihong

Star Member
Jan 6, 2009
They may be processing the nomination to whom have a job offer first.
We may receive the nomination soon in August.
People who sent the applications in January, they may get the nomination in September.
(1 + 8 = 9 ) .... I believe they have already made a decision for January application.
If they are generating the file # , that means, they are working also for the nomination.
be patient and praying.

Yo

Rb_newsletter

Star Member
May 21, 2009
yofeihong said:
Did anyone get a job offer from Alberta? Or do you know anyone of your friends have gotten a offer?

I applied for several open positions and did not receive any reply yet, except for one negative reply. My belief is, common employer will not offer a job to a person with who he can't have a face to face meeting or to a person who doesn't have any work permit status in Canada. Most of the job posting has start date mentioned in it. Those employers who has some start date mentioned will not even consider a resume with all uncertainities. If an employer asks for a start date, what can we say? How can we solve the equation X = (time_taken_for_job_offer_letter) + (time_taken_for_AINP_nomination) + (time_taken_for_CIC_work_permit) ?

In short, if AINP is processing applications with job offer, that number should be very very less.

babuganesh2000

Jan 4, 2009
Rb_newsletter said:
yofeihong said:
Did anyone get a job offer from Alberta? Or do you know anyone of your friends have gotten a offer?

I applied for several open positions and did not receive any reply yet, except for one negative reply. My belief is, common employer will not offer a job to a person with who he can't have a face to face meeting or to a person who doesn't have any work permit status in Canada. Most of the job posting has start date mentioned in it. Those employers who has some start date mentioned will not even consider a resume with all uncertainities. If an employer asks for a start date, what can we say? How can we solve the equation X = (time_taken_for_job_offer_letter) + (time_taken_for_AINP_nomination) + (time_taken_for_CIC_work_permit) ?

In short, if AINP is processing applications with job offer, that number should be very very less.
This is 100% true, I tried with http://www.sisystems.com, called up them explaining my situation having a job offer would be easy for me to get nomination. Answer was "People here with PR don't have a job, why do you want to come here". Sorry if I am discouraging some one on this thread. This is the fact.

anoop

Star Member
May 18, 2009
babuganesh2000 said:
Rb_newsletter said:
yofeihong said:

This is 100% true, I tried with http://www.sisystems.com, called up them explaining my situation having a job offer would be easy for me to get nomination. Answer was "People here with PR don't have a job, why do you want to come here". Sorry if I am discouraging some one on this thread. This is the fact.
Hey babu,
The other day also when i posted a website on this forum there were many people who literally were scolding me,anyways thats a different thing,if those jobs are not for Permanent residents then who those jobs are for whom.You should have asked that

Anoop

nomad_musafir

Jan 13, 2009
Rb_newsletter said:
How can we solve the equation X = (time_taken_for_job_offer_letter) + (time_taken_for_AINP_nomination) + (time_taken_for_CIC_work_permit) ?
I am not doing any job search until I get the Visa stamp. At that time, I may get a virtual Canadian phone number. Hopefully, a friend residing in Canadian will let me use their address. I can then at least make an attempt to look like a "Canadian" applicant. This is my half baked plan (make it quarter).
I perfectly understand why the companies won't entertain any applicants who do not even live in Canada. I wouldn't if I were them.

McLuvin

Star Member
Mar 26, 2009
Jacaranda said:
Yessss, I got it!!! I got my file number....

Date Docs Mailed : 03-06-2009
Date Docs Received : 03-10-2009
Date File No Received : 07-31-2009
File Number : xxxx-xx-22xx
NOC : 2174
Congrats Buddy !!!!

I was inactive for a couple of days and got to see ur message only today.... Now lets start waiting for the nomination package :)

BR,
McLuvin

Jacaranda

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks!!! We'll just sit back now.... let all the pending nominations come through now....

our nominations will hopefully come thorough by the end of the year...

McLuvin said:
Jacaranda said:
Yessss, I got it!!! I got my file number....

Date Docs Mailed : 03-06-2009
Date Docs Received : 03-10-2009
Date File No Received : 07-31-2009
File Number : xxxx-xx-22xx
NOC : 2174
Congrats Buddy !!!!

I was inactive for a couple of days and got to see ur message only today.... Now lets start waiting for the nomination package :)

BR,
McLuvin

monteiromarcosb

Star Member
Feb 12, 2009
nomad_musafir said:
Rb_newsletter said:
How can we solve the equation X = (time_taken_for_job_offer_letter) + (time_taken_for_AINP_nomination) + (time_taken_for_CIC_work_permit) ?
I am not doing any job search until I get the Visa stamp. At that time, I may get a virtual Canadian phone number. Hopefully, a friend residing in Canadian will let me use their address. I can then at least make an attempt to look like a "Canadian" applicant. This is my half baked plan (make it quarter).
I perfectly understand why the companies won't entertain any applicants who do not even live in Canada. I wouldn't if I were them.
Why don't you try to get a MagicJack. You can pick up any area code in the USA and I think in Canada, so you would have a local number. Just a thought.

C

cchabert

I have magicjack and works like a charm, Best Buy sold them for $40 bucaroos

Ell.Bee

Jan 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb - 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov - 2009
Nomination.....
Dec - 2009 CIC App. Filed..: May 2010
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-17-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
You can get Canadian number for the magicjack and set up call forward to your US phone number.

http://themagicjack.ca/

Call forwarding from magicjack is a free service and I do that all the time. The only exception is that I have US number for my magicjack.

Sonu81

Star Member
May 20, 2009
I talked to AINP today. This was the first time I ever bothered them in 8 months. The lady was very nice and co-operative. She told me that I should expect 9-10 months of timing and should call them back when 10 months are over..........I said about official 8 months timing but she said in reality there are delays. i also told her that I got call in June 2nd week and was told decision would be made in June and i was told I should get decision in mail by July end. She told me she cant comment on that....

overall she was very kind and polite. i know someone called some days back and was complaing about the rudeness of AINP guy on phone. I dont agree with that.

but the news delivered was not so positive :-( :-(

koolguyme

Star Member
Mar 2, 2009
Sonu81 said:
I talked to AINP today. This was the first time I ever bothered them in 8 months. The lady was very nice and co-operative. She told me that I should expect 9-10 months of timing and should call them back when 10 months are over..........I said about official 8 months timing but she said in reality there are delays. i also told her that I got call in June 2nd week and was told decision would be made in June and i was told I should get decision in mail by August end. She told me she cant comment on that....

overall she was very kind and polite. i know someone called some days back and was complaing about the rudeness of AINP guy on phone. I dont agree with that.

but the news delivered was not so positive :-( :-(
Thanks for the update. Also please enter your information in the timeline document http://tinyurl.com/AINP-Tracking-System. We are tracking things like application sent date, NOC, file number, file number received date etc. Take a look at the link please.