+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B - Alberta PNP File Number / Certificate Timeline

ratty76

Apr 12, 2009
Folks,

Applied under new program (occupation #2171):
Application received by AINP Office: 5th Jan 2009
AINP requested H1B petition letter to proceed on my application: 6th Feb 2009
Received file number in May 2009 with issue date of March 2009.

Last week, I received email that AINP is reviewing my eligibility but can't process due to my H1B expired in April so they need new approval and paystubs. As I changed employer in April only and new approval for H1 will take 3 -4 months so I have sent them the receipt of H1b application as well as pay stub for last 3 months from new employer along with explanation that I am still on legal status in USA.

I haven't heard back from them asking any other document so hoping they will process my application.

Manny

Dec 31, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, US
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 30, 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 25, 2009
Nomination.....
Dec 07, 2009 CIC App. Filed.: Mar 15, 2010
AOR Received.
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Request
Jul 06, 2010
Med's Done....
Jul 15, 2010 File transferred: Nov 10, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 15, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 23, 2010
LANDED..........
Apr 07, 2011
AFAIK the job title doesnt matter. The job description needs to match the NOC code. If the USCIS submission for the new job does not reflect that get a letter from a manager or peer and send it across.

Folks,
If they are asking for docs on file # 115x can we assume that AINP has processed earlier file #s (such as 7XX ;-) ...?

goingtoalberta said:
HELLO ALL,

I GOT A QUERY FOR :

# A copy of any document(s) from current U.S. employer demonstrating current job title, the main duties of the job, and the education and work experience necessary to do the job. The document(s) must be one or more of the following: job offer letter(s), employment contract(s), reference letter(s), and/or requests/petitions to USCIS for your U.S. visa. The document(s) must be on company letterhead.

1. We may already have a copy of the offer letter and work reference letters; however, we require a document which lists the current job title and the main duties (a brief but detailed job description). We find the petition letter the employer used to supplement the H1B application, provides us with the most detailed description of the job and qualifications – you can email us a scanned copy of the USCIS petition letter job description which the US employer used to supplement the H1B application

I had changed the address.My file number is 115X.The original h1b says that my job title is programmer analyst.

I filed under 2171.what shall i do ????????????????????????

Also my preassessment is approved as IT cosultant as at that time I had provided them letter from client that I work as IT consultant.

I have 2 options either I provide the letter from current client and take it as IT cosultant OR
I can give the original one with programmer analyst,but it might contradict me as IT consultant which is approved during preassessment.

OilyAlberta

Jul 10, 2009
sava said:
FYI Guys,
Just called AINP and got to know that my pre-assessment was completed on Mar -30th and sent to the "Other Office" for Assessment (candidate). She also said that my file number was sent to me on Mar-30th . She started to give me my file numberm started with 7912-08-, and then stopped , said something looks wrong with the file number. She said she would confirm about the file number with someone else in the office and said that she'd send me the file number in e-mail by tomorrow.
I asked her about the QUOTA and she said that there is NO quota for this specific (AINP-SRS-US Visa holders) program. There might be quota for some other programs but not definitely for this program is what she said. We discussed about lot of other stuff, like job prospects and reciession and its effect, Alberta Economy, ... etc., but she did say that we all should know about our result/decision in 8 months (from the date they received the application).

Hopefully this information helps.

Regards,
SaVa
Oh really...I though they have ended the H1B program. Good to know it still exists.

Anyways, did u ask if they will ever issue nominations or they just want to keep people happy with file numbers.....

sava

Star Member
Apr 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-May-2012; 11-Jul-2013 (CEC)
Doc's Request.
Not yet
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-May-2012; 09-SEP-2013 (CEC)
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
16-OCT-2013
Med's Done....
13-Nov-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-Jan-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-Feb-2014
LANDED..........
28-Feb-2014 (North Portal, SK)
I think in your case it is different. I was talking about new process guys, who don't have to submit documents first for pre-assessment and then later apply for nomination. In your case it should probably be four months from the date they received your application for nomination. Don't quote me on this, but I'm saying this as, they say that they need 4 months for notification/pre-assessment (which is already done in your case) and 4 months for candidate assessment (the only thing they have to do in your case) for the new process guys. So you should be getting your nomination in 4 months from the date they have received your application for nomination, agian that is according to me based on their processing time break down.

rezendgi said:
Hi Sava,

Which application receipt date ?? the pre-assessment one or the application they received the second time ?? I am from the old process ..

Highlander

Jun 21, 2009
OilyAlberta said:
sava said:
FYI Guys,
Just called AINP and got to know that my pre-assessment was completed on Mar -30th and sent to the "Other Office" for Assessment (candidate). She also said that my file number was sent to me on Mar-30th . She started to give me my file numberm started with 7912-08-, and then stopped , said something looks wrong with the file number. She said she would confirm about the file number with someone else in the office and said that she'd send me the file number in e-mail by tomorrow.
I asked her about the QUOTA and she said that there is NO quota for this specific (AINP-SRS-US Visa holders) program. There might be quota for some other programs but not definitely for this program is what she said. We discussed about lot of other stuff, like job prospects and reciession and its effect, Alberta Economy, ... etc., but she did say that we all should know about our result/decision in 8 months (from the date they received the application).

Regards,
SaVa
Oh really...I though they have ended the H1B program. Good to know it still exists.

Anyways, did u ask if they will ever issue nominations or they just want to keep people happy with file numbers.....
Well, i Agree that waiting period for things like immigration can be real painful (i am waiting too). But let's look at it with purely objective view...AINP says they need 4 months (120 days) for file number and 120 days for nomination. Total of 240 days. And based on this they can technically use full 120 days for each step. (But in many/Most cases they have used less then 120 for giving File# ) now looking at the vsrao's spreadsheet (The real data !!!) the Total number of days for any one so far mentioned in that sheet has not exceeded 240 days !!! and still we are looking at e-mails complaining for delays....well i am sorry to say this but the facts seems completely different then complains and allegations.

But in all i am not trying to blame or disrespect anyone ...but guys....by complaining and saying negative things for AINP we are doing nothing but disappointing people and ourselves...we are wasting our efforts and time on unproductive things (we could be discussing job opportunities..!!!). I think AINP is excellent opportunity for people who wish to get settle in Canada and i think it will help lot of h1B people with their career as they will no longer bounded by visa restrictions !!!

ChaloCanada

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2009
Doc's Request.
19-11-2009
Nomination.....
23-11-2009
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
File Transfer...
19-OCT-2010 (to NY)
Med's Request
22-06-2010
Med's Done....
09-07-2010; reached 23-07-2010
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
30-12-2010, dated-15-12-2010

OilyAlberta

Jul 10, 2009
Highlander said:
OilyAlberta said:
sava said:
FYI Guys,

Regards,
SaVa

Well, i Agree that waiting period for things like immigration can be real painful (i am waiting too). But let's look at it with purely objective view...AINP says they need 4 months (120 days) for file number and 120 days for nomination. Total of 240 days. And based on this they can technically use full 120 days for each step. (But in many/Most cases they have used less then 120 for giving File# ) now looking at the vsrao's spreadsheet (The real data !!!) the Total number of days for any one so far mentioned in that sheet has not exceeded 240 days !!! and still we are looking at e-mails complaining for delays....well i am sorry to say this but the facts seems completely different then complains and allegations.

But in all i am not trying to blame or disrespect anyone ...but guys....by complaining and saying negative things for AINP we are doing nothing but disappointing people and ourselves...we are wasting our efforts and time on unproductive things (we could be discussing job opportunities..!!!). I think AINP is excellent opportunity for people who wish to get settle in Canada and i think it will help lot of h1B people with their career as they will no longer bounded by visa restrictions !!!
actually u are right.....i agree

so the January guys who got file number in 3/19 week should change their expectations to January+8months = September. If they get it before(i.e 3/19 + 4months = this week) WELL DONE BY AINP..They will really come up to their promise. But no January should not complain till September.

fira

Feb 20, 2009
Yes. If they change the timeline today, does above calculations hold good who already waiting since 7 months?

Ell.Bee

Jan 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb - 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov - 2009
Nomination.....
Dec - 2009 CIC App. Filed..: May 2010
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-17-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
OilyAlberta said:

The SRS H1B program has not been terminated. Just that the NOC list has been updated.

http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/immigrate/srsvisaholder.html

An updated version of the AINP Occupations Under Pressure List was posted on May 19, 2009. Any applications postmarked on or before May 19, 2009 will be assessed based on the previously posted list. All applications postmarked after May 19, 2009 will be assessed based on the list currently posted.
http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/media/h1b_AINP_Occupations_Under_Pressure_List.pdf

OilyAlberta

Jul 10, 2009
fira said:
Yes. If they change the timeline today, does above calculations hold good who already waiting since 7 months?
well as posted by some January applicants - when they got email in march with file #, email said they would get decision in 40-60 days.

After that they have changed timeline. I think the latest time line is applicable to everybdy since those January applicants are still waiting and didnt get decision in 60 days.

so basically if AINP says today that timeline has changed to 12 months, that would be applicable to everybody including those who have already applied.

Aliens3

Jul 9, 2009
OilyAlberta said:
fira said:
well as posted by some January applicants - when they got email in march with file #, email said they would get decision in 40-60 days.

After that they have changed timeline. I think the latest time line is applicable to everybdy since those January applicants are still waiting and didnt get decision in 60 days.

so basically if AINP says today that timeline has changed to 12 months, that would be applicable to everybody including those who have already applied.
If they have to change timeline (12 , 16 whatever months) for H1B SRS again..They also have to rethink on how many applicants loose thier eligibility during the period. Are they wasting our time or their time ?

Albertadude

Star Member
Apr 6, 2009
Also one has to realise that when AINP sent e-mails to applicants who got file numbers in March, they had mentioned 40 to 60 day timeframe. Based on this many applicants have applied for PCC's (sometimes 5 states as in my case) hoping that they would get nomination in 40 to 60 days. If timeline is changed then some PCC's may expire in which case the applicants have to re-apply for PCC's again which is quite painful as it costs time and money!!!!!

vsrao

Mar 10, 2009
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Use this link(http://tinyurl.com/AINP-Tracking-System) to enter the timeline/Display timeline by yourself.

Ell.Bee

Jan 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb - 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov - 2009
Nomination.....
Dec - 2009 CIC App. Filed..: May 2010
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-17-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
vsrao said:
vsrao said:
Use this link(http://tinyurl.com/AINP-Tracking-System) to enter the timeline/Display timeline by yourself. And also this link is added to my signature.
Great Job !