+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1-Alberta PNP-nominations NOV'09 and later+PCC, FBI,CIC application discussion!

PaToAb

Star Member
Dec 20, 2008
Guys,

I need help. I have searched this forum also but haven't got any reliable information yet.

My official check got encased on Apr 29 and I haven' heard anything else from CIC yet. I also got the copy of the check where I can see my file number. I used my file number to check the status online. However, nothing there yet.

I need to update CIC with my new mailing address as I am moving there by the end of this month. What is the best way to do this? Anyone ahs done this successfully?

Please let me know.

omardalian

Star Member
Feb 5, 2010
Re: H1-Alberta PNP-nominations NOV'09 and later+PCC, FBI,CIC application discuss

Hi PaToAb:

The file number that is printed on the check is the right number. Its just that it takes them to actually create the file but once they do that is the number they will be using for it. And when they actually do create the file thats when they send out the AOR.

Guessing from your check cashing date your application must have reached CIC somewhere around Late March to Early April. It is taking almost exactly 4 months to get AOR (so something a little less than 4 months for file creation) that will be around July end or August begining for you.

I would suggest you send an email, fax and letter to CIC with your file number and updated address details but also try some form of mail frowarding from the post office to be on the safer side. Because no one knows what they will do to an update request if they cant locate the file.

PaToAb said:
Guys,

I need help. I have searched this forum also but haven't got any reliable information yet.

My official check got encased on Apr 29 and I haven' heard anything else from CIC yet. I also got the copy of the check where I can see my file number. I used my file number to check the status online. However, nothing there yet.

I need to update CIC with my new mailing address as I am moving there by the end of this month. What is the best way to do this? Anyone ahs done this successfully?

Please let me know.

monteiromarcosb

Star Member
Feb 12, 2009
PaToAb said:
Guys,

Please let me know.
The Canadian consulate doe not encourage anyone to use the change address tool on the website. They rather want you to send a letter to their office with this request. When you receive your medicals, you will also receice a letter with instructions on how to communicate with the consulate. Use these intructions, unless you cannot wait, in this case try to send them an email asking on how to proceed.

wantabnomination

Star Member
Oct 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 7 2010
Doc's Request.
Never
Nomination.....
May 8 2010
Hello Guys,

I sent my fingerprints to FBI and received on May 5th but so far my Credit card is not being charged and no reply from them, Is it normal?
Thanks

deepfreezed

Jul 14, 2009
It takes at least 8 - 12 weeks.

wantabnomination said:
Hello Guys,

I sent my fingerprints to FBI and received on May 5th but so far my Credit card is not being charged and no reply from them, Is it normal?
Thanks

the

Star Member
Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/LA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AINP_00-03-2009, CIC_08-04-2010
Doc's Request.
na
Nomination.....
29-11-2009
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
IELTS Request
na
File Transfer...
05-01-2011 to LA
Med's Request
24-07-2010
Med's Done....
06-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18 March, 2011
LANDED..........
18 July, 2011
Hi Guys,

My check was encashed on May 4. The check reached CIC on April 8. Good luck to all.

"the"

canadavasi

Star Member
Mar 8, 2010
Hi PaToAb,

Can you please explain how one can see the file number on the copy of the check? Are you referring to a cashier's check here? Does that determine your file number?

Thanks for your help, I am sorry if I am not understanding the obvious.

PaToAb said:
Guys,

Please let me know.

DBat

Jan 20, 2010
Sav, GA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2009
Doc's Request.
15th Feb 2010
Nomination.....
09-03-2010
Can anybody advise what is fees we should send for CIC application. Also Please advise me what is fees for the dependants less than 10 yrs

Thanks
DBat

hoogirl

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/04/09 (AINP)
Doc's Request.
24/03/2010 (AINP)
Nomination.....
27/05/2010
AOR Received.
13/11/2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
13/11/2010
Med's Done....
17/11/2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01/04/2011
VISA ISSUED...
12/04/2011 (In-Person stamping)
LANDED..........
23/06/2011
*Payments in USD must be drawn on a bank located in the USA and Payments in Canadian dollars must be drawn on a bank located in Canada.

*The amount is THE SAME for both US and Canadian dollars.

PRINCIPAL APPLICANT - $550

SPOUSE OR COMMON LAW PARTNER AND EACH DEPENDANT CHILD OF 22 YEARS OF AGE AND OLDER - $550

EACH DEPENDANT CHILD OF LESS THAN 22 YEARS OF AGE - $150

RIGHT OF PERMANENT RESIDENCE FEE (TO BE PAID BY PRINCIPAL APPLICANT and SPOUSE /COMMON LAW PARTNER; NOT DEPENDANT CHILDREN) -$490 ....They will ask for this one later.

the

Star Member
Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/LA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AINP_00-03-2009, CIC_08-04-2010
Doc's Request.
na
Nomination.....
29-11-2009
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
IELTS Request
na
File Transfer...
05-01-2011 to LA
Med's Request
24-07-2010
Med's Done....
06-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18 March, 2011
LANDED..........
18 July, 2011
HI DBat,

Check it out here: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/fees_frais_usd.aspx?lang=eng

As of today, principal applicant and spouse: $550; dependent child less than 22 yrs old: $150. Make sure you check the website the day you prepare your check since the fee schedule may be updated.

"the"

DBat said:
Can anybody advise what is fees we should send for CIC application. Also Please advise me what is fees for the dependants less than 10 yrs

Thanks
DBat

PaToAb

Star Member
Dec 20, 2008
Sorry for late reply.

I used Bank Check (Citizens Bank) to make a payment. Once your check is cashed, your bank can print you a copy of the check they received from CIC. On the back of the check, cic puts a bar code with file number of the person. File number starts with B and 9 digits after that.

canadavasi said:
Hi PaToAb,

Can you please explain how one can see the file number on the copy of the check? Are you referring to a cashier's check here? Does that determine your file number?

Thanks for your help, I am sorry if I am not understanding the obvious.

schumi252

Mar 24, 2010
Guys,

I just had a question in relation to canadian PR. I am currently on H1B and I am applying for canadian PR. Now once I get canadian PR is it possible to start my Green Card process?

no offense meant my intention is to go to Canada but while my application is being processed I could still apply for GC through my company as a back up.

Thanks,
Prash

DBat

Jan 20, 2010
Sav, GA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2009
Doc's Request.
15th Feb 2010
Nomination.....
09-03-2010

nomad_musafir

Jan 13, 2009
schumi252 said:
Guys,

I just had a question in relation to canadian PR. I am currently on H1B and I am applying for canadian PR. Now once I get canadian PR is it possible to start my Green Card process?

no offense meant my intention is to go to Canada but while my application is being processed I could still apply for GC through my company as a back up.

Thanks,
Prash
no problem!

happydwarf

Feb 18, 2009
HI can some one tell me , how do we send fee, can we take Money Order or what do we need to ask when we go to bank, please and for my wife , do i need to send her DOB also or not required.

Thanks,