+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1-Alberta PNP-nominations NOV'09 and later+PCC, FBI,CIC application discussion!

raj2close

Jun 28, 2010
Has anyone gone to the San Francisco Indian Consulate for PCC? They are asking to fill out 3 identical forms with 3 photos and an additional form with one more photo. I think we have to carry our original passport and leave it with them. They are asking for $ 40 for each person.

Do we also have to carry a pre-paid envelope to the consulate for return of the passports? If someone has gone personally to the consulate, please help.

canadavasi

Star Member
Mar 8, 2010
Hi Manny,

Many thanks for your responses in the forum. I saw under your status that you received an AOR recently, I was curious to know how you received the AOR (by mail, email). Since my address has changed from the time I filed my application, I am a bit concerned about the AOR being mailed. I did setup the change of address in USPS.

Any information in this regard will be useful, Thanks again for your help and inputs and Good Luck with the immigration process.

Regards
canadavasi

omardalian

Star Member
Feb 5, 2010
Re: H1-Alberta PNP-nominations NOV'09 and later+PCC, FBI,CIC application discuss

Just got my AOR and Medicals today. My application reached CIC March 18th. I would say wait 20 weeks before you do anything further or loose hope. The AORs are not always processed in order the application is received; so dont expect that everyone whose application reached CIC on a certain date will get the AOR on the same date. It can be a couple of weeks off. The important thing to keep in mind is that you should get it within 20 weeks (Although CIC says 30 weeks, I havent seen it take that long for anyone recently).

The AOR is sent by Air Mail. For me it was postmarked the 14th and received the 19th of July from Buffalo.

canadavasi said:
Hi Manny,

Many thanks for your responses in the forum. I saw under your status that you received an AOR recently, I was curious to know how you received the AOR (by mail, email). Since my address has changed from the time I filed my application, I am a bit concerned about the AOR being mailed. I did setup the change of address in USPS.

Any information in this regard will be useful, Thanks again for your help and inputs and Good Luck with the immigration process.

Regards
canadavasi

vsthakkar

Dec 7, 2009
Vancouver
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
- We just filled one form for each of us, checked all the required certificates and wrote PCC, Birth Cert, Marriage Cert in the field "From the Above, Please Specify the Service Applied For:"

- If you are applying for PCC, you have to leave the passport with them as they stamp your passport for PCC issuance.

- PCC are $20 if the passport was issued in San Francisco, else $40
Birth Certs are $20
Marriage Certs are $20

- It is better to carry pre-paid envelope or you can also get a Fedex overnite envelop from the consulate for $20.

raj2close said:
Has anyone gone to the San Francisco Indian Consulate for PCC? They are asking to fill out 3 identical forms with 3 photos and an additional form with one more photo. I think we have to carry our original passport and leave it with them. They are asking for $ 40 for each person.

Do we also have to carry a pre-paid envelope to the consulate for return of the passports? If someone has gone personally to the consulate, please help.

canadavasi

Star Member
Mar 8, 2010
Re: H1-Alberta PNP-nominations NOV'09 and later+PCC, FBI,CIC application discuss

Thanks for the information omardalian. Did you receive an email as well by any chance?

I am just worried about change in my postal address from the time I submitted my application to CIC, I am not sure if the forwarded address as setup in USPS works for these mails as well. Does anyone in the forum has any idea on this?

Thanks
canadavasi

omardalian said:
Just got my AOR and Medicals today. My application reached CIC March 18th. I would say wait 20 weeks before you do anything further or loose hope. The AORs are not always processed in order the application is received; so dont expect that everyone whose application reached CIC on a certain date will get the AOR on the same date. It can be a couple of weeks off. The important thing to keep in mind is that you should get it within 20 weeks (Although CIC says 30 weeks, I havent seen it take that long for anyone recently).

The AOR is sent by Air Mail. For me it was postmarked the 14th and received the 19th of July from Buffalo.

MC

Star Member
Apr 2, 2010
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 May 2010
Doc's Request.
10 june 2010
AOR Received.
10 june 2010
Med's Request
10 june 2010
Med's Done....
21 june 2010
Passport Req..
10 june 2010
VISA ISSUED...
23 September 2010
LANDED..........
Soon
Heyy Guys

I had sent in my mediclas on 24th June CHC ND, My DMP had told me as my liver enzymes are high the DMP at the embassy might ask for more tests.Now its been almost 4 weeks and I have no news from them.

The question is how long does it generally take for them to ask for additional mediclas. Also anyone who got there visas this month.

Thnx

MC

omardalian

Star Member
Feb 5, 2010

No they dont send any emails.

The forwarding should work for all mail except junk mail. So you should be fine.

canadavasi said:
Thanks for the information omardalian. Did you receive an email as well by any chance?

I am just worried about change in my postal address from the time I submitted my application to CIC, I am not sure if the forwarded address as setup in USPS works for these mails as well. Does anyone in the forum has any idea on this?

Thanks
canadavasi

tsrikanth

Star Member
Mar 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March-2009
Doc's Request.
Feb-2010
Nomination.....
April-2010
AOR Received.
07-06-2010
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
Yes - Detroit
Med's Request
07-06-2010
Med's Done....
08-07-2010
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
15-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-05-2011
LANDED..........
23-06-2011
Hi All,

I have a question regarding FBI fingerprint. Today I went to L1-Enrollment office for Finger printing in Austin, TX. They said they don't give finger print paper, they will do eletronic print then nation wide background check will do , send results back to my home address. They are not clearly saying that whether its FBI background check or not ? I told them its for Canada Immigration purpose.

So anybody can tell, how electronic fingerprint will work ? Whether I have to tell them any information ?

raj2close

Jun 28, 2010
@vsthakkar - Thank you very much!

vsthakkar said:
- We just filled one form for each of us, checked all the required certificates and wrote PCC, Birth Cert, Marriage Cert in the field "From the Above, Please Specify the Service Applied For:"

- If you are applying for PCC, you have to leave the passport with them as they stamp your passport for PCC issuance.

- PCC are $20 if the passport was issued in San Francisco, else $40
Birth Certs are $20
Marriage Certs are $20

- It is better to carry pre-paid envelope or you can also get a Fedex overnite envelop from the consulate for $20.

raj2close

Jun 28, 2010
@tsrikant

I think they are talking about "livescan" - you don't need that. You need to call up UPS or Postal Annex or any notary service folks, ask them where you can get your fingerprints taken manually on the FD-258 card. Call your local police station also for prints on this card. I got mine at a store for $ 19 including the card and taxes. Send this card with application form and $ 18 cashier check to the FBI office! Good Luck!

tsrikanth said:
Hi All,

I have a question regarding FBI fingerprint. Today I went to L1-Enrollment office for Finger printing in Austin, TX. They said they don't give finger print paper, they will do eletronic print then nation wide background check will do , send results back to my home address. They are not clearly saying that whether its FBI background check or not ? I told them its for Canada Immigration purpose.

So anybody can tell, how electronic fingerprint will work ? Whether I have to tell them any information ?

tsrikanth

Star Member
Mar 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March-2009
Doc's Request.
Feb-2010
Nomination.....
April-2010
AOR Received.
07-06-2010
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
Yes - Detroit
Med's Request
07-06-2010
Med's Done....
08-07-2010
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
15-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-05-2011
LANDED..........
23-06-2011
Thanks Raj.. I mean application form means cover letter right ? Also is Money Order works or do I need to take Cashier Check only ?

raj2close said:
@ tsrikant

I think they are talking about "livescan" - you don't need that. You need to call up UPS or Postal Annex or any notary service folks, ask them where you can get your fingerprints taken manually on the FD-258 card. Call your local police station also for prints on this card. I got mine at a store for $ 19 including the card and taxes. Send this card with application form and $ 18 cashier check to the FBI office! Good Luck!

raj2close

Jun 28, 2010
There is a pdf form on the FBI website: google --> FBI Fingerprinting --> I am feeling Lucky

Fill it out, this application form, $ 18 money order and FD-258 card --> these are the only three things you need to send for each applicant, you can use certified mail at USPS to send them out to FBI. No need to send pre-paid envelope to them.

Also, if you/friend have a Chase or Bank of America Prima Checking account, the cashier's checks are free (meaning no additional fee for issuance of check). If not money order is fine too. FBI allows you to pay by credit card too, check the link I posted.

tsrikanth said:
Thanks Raj.. I mean application form means cover letter right ? Also is Money Order works or do I need to take Cashier Check only ?

omardalian

Star Member
Feb 5, 2010

I know that "livescan" is not a requirement but it greatly cuts the chances of unreadable fingerprints. Because the computer actually checks the prints to make sure they are good.

But if you do a regular ink fingerprint make sure you send 2 cards to be on the safer side.

tsrikanth said:

canadavasi

Star Member
Mar 8, 2010

Thanks a lot omardalian...

omardalian said:
No they dont send any emails.

The forwarding should work for all mail except junk mail. So you should be fine.

the

Star Member
Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/LA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AINP_00-03-2009, CIC_08-04-2010
Doc's Request.
na
Nomination.....
29-11-2009
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
IELTS Request
na
File Transfer...
05-01-2011 to LA
Med's Request
24-07-2010
Med's Done....
06-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18 March, 2011
LANDED..........
18 July, 2011
Hi All,

Received AOR and medical instructions today, July 24, 2010. Application received by CIC on April 8, 2010. Check was encashed on May 4, 2010. Those who submitted application to CIC in April should anticipate to receive AOR and medical instructions.

Good luck to all.

"the"