+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

h&c

anhcanada2702

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
Hi everyone.
My lawyer submitted my application in June 25,2018. She said we may hear from Immigration in August. Nothing we could do anymore.
Just wanna share my case. I came here as a live in caregiver in 2014 and got used by my first employer. They treated me badly and paid me 500$/month for 6 days a week, 16 hours a day. I got fed up and left after 7 months. I was looking for work but got no luck. In June 2015 I got married to a Canadian but it didn’t last long since he wanted to live a lifestyle that I was not comfortable with. We split up and I met my ex boyfriend. I filed for divorce and was hoping my ex could sponsor me after a year being common law partners. He then turned into a drugs addict and abusive person. I had to run away from him since he was beating me up and threatening to kill me for the last 6 months in our relationship. I had to live in women’s shelters and struggling to make a living after I left the shelter and got on my feet.
That’s my case. Please share yours.
Good luck everyone :)

aaam

Aug 28, 2018
so I am getting ready to submit my H&C applaction but I am wondering wither I will be able to work or not giving the fact that ain't have student Permit that allows me to work only 20 hours a week if I am attending school ,so will be okay to work even if I am not attendingredients school or that would be a problem?

please help

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
so I am getting ready to submit my H&C applaction but I am wondering wither I will be able to work or not giving the fact that ain't have student Permit that allows me to work only 20 hours a week if I am attending school ,so will be okay to work even if I am not attendingredients school or that would be a problem?

please help
You can only work if you hold a valid study permit and are attending school full time. If you drop out of school, you cannot work.

Otherwise you have to wait until you have first stage approval for the H&C application before you can apply for an open work permit. This will likely take around 8 months - although it could be more or less time.