+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

h&c

mims2000

Sep 6, 2012
hi guys

any one here who applied h&c? may i know your timeline? i know its written in their website that it takes 38 months, just wondering if there are those who received the result earlier? thanks in advance

Drzaineb

May 11, 2016
Hi pls i want to apply for h&c ... For my son he is over 22 years and he is living outside canada so is he eligible for h&c ?! Pls need your help

Dhudson

Star Member
May 20, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
00-00-2011
Med's Request
00-00-2015
Passport Req..
00-00-2015
LANDED..........
25-08-2015
mims2000 said:
hi guys

any one here who applied h&c? may i know your timeline? i know its written in their website that it takes 38 months, just wondering if there are those who received the result earlier? thanks in advance
H&C IS VERY UNPREDICTABLE CASE AND NOBODY CAN TELL U EXACTLY!
I know cases where : within one month person got first stage (AIP) and after 10 months got PR. or another case: person was waiting one year and got reject (before first stage).
some got first stage after one year but PR after two years.

However approx time line (base on experience)
With in one year - reject or AIP (first stage approved) after and if received AIP approx one year before became PR.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks,
Regards,
DHudson.

mims2000

Sep 6, 2012
Dhudson said:
H&C IS VERY UNPREDICTABLE CASE AND NOBODY CAN TELL U EXACTLY!
I know cases where : within one month person got first stage (AIP) and after 10 months got PR. or another case: person was waiting one year and got reject (before first stage).
some got first stage after one year but PR after two years.

However approx time line (base on experience)
With in one year - reject or AIP (first stage approved) after and if received AIP approx one year before became PR.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks,
Regards,
DHudson.
thanks. i have a friend who got her refusal after 10 months of waiting. but i also know somebody who got her pr after 10 months of waiting.

menti

Sep 8, 2016
Hi
I am new in this forum. just have few question in my mind regarding H&C for my parents if anyone can clear my mind.
My parents are with me on V-1 multiple entry visa. theY visited first time and can visit 2 years more as per visa validity.
the age of my parents 62 and 57. I am only the son and in home country they are alone nobody take care of them as my father is heart patient.

I am here on PR and will apply citizen next year.

Are my parents eligible for H&C and what are the chances of approval?

What I have to do to prove and explain this situation to get it approve?

Is this smart idea that we apply H&C on their first visit?

Please Guide me

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi

There is little chance of an H&C app succeeding. Your parents are relatively young; the majority of Canadians their age are still working. The only successful parent H&C cases have been where the parents were quite elderly and seriously in need of care. Also, given that your father can travel around the world, his health condition can't be that serious.

I suggest you look into the regular parent sponsorship stream.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Drzaineb said:
Hi pls i want to apply for h&c ... For my son he is over 22 years and he is living outside canada so is he eligible for h&c ?! Pls need your help
For what reason would you think H&C would apply? At 22 years old he is an adult so unless there are compelling reasons unlikely to be approved. Family separations for example are rarely on there own a reason.

menti

Sep 8, 2016
canuck_in_uk said:
Hi

There is little chance of an H&C app succeeding. Your parents are relatively young; the majority of Canadians their age are still working. The only successful parent H&C cases have been where the parents were quite elderly and seriously in need of care. Also, given that your father can travel around the world, his health condition can't be that serious.

I suggest you look into the regular parent sponsorship stream.
Thanks for reply.
I have less income so cant sponsor my parents thts y thinking this way...
Still i m not sure how to make grounds and explain to cic...

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
menti said:
Thanks for reply.
I have less income so cant sponsor my parents thts y thinking this way...
Still i m not sure how to make grounds and explain to cic...
Your better option is to work on making more income so that you can qualify to sponsor them for PR using the regular parent sponsorship route.

They apply for H&C and are refused, they will have to leave Canada and it will be much more difficult for them to visit in the future.

menti

Sep 8, 2016
scylla said:
Your better option is to work on making more income so that you can qualify to sponsor them for PR using the regular parent sponsorship route.

They apply for H&C and are refused, they will have to leave Canada and it will be much more difficult for them to visit in the future.
Thanks

HKLM

Jun 29, 2017
I have applied newly last month for H&C with my Family (Wife and 2 young kids).
if I got AIP (Approved-in-principle), can I get a travel document? any idea how I can do travel if we are approved after AIP
Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have applied newly last month for H&C with my Family (Wife and 2 young kids).
if I got AIP (Approved-in-principle), can I get a travel document? any idea how I can do travel if we are approved after AIP
Thanks
The travel document is for refugee applicants (not H&C). If you're applying under H&C, it's highly recommended you remain in Canada.

Reactions: Harry2291

HKLM

Jun 29, 2017
The travel document is for refugee applicants (not H&C). If you're applying under H&C, it's highly recommended you remain in Canada.
But how about if its emergency, where my mother in law is sick and visit her in a hospital in a country around the home country ?

HKLM

Jun 29, 2017
Hi Again,
Any one can give me a good answer, in addition to above question.
I have came to Canada last year with my wife and 2 young kids as refugee applicants, our refugee claim rejected. and the federal court decision was also dismissed. by the time I started to do work in a good company where I also did a volunteer job, paying taxes, but my wife is not working, she is doing her English Course to be improved. now It's been mostly more than a month applied for H&C.
Though where we have a daughter which suffered from Cancer, and she survived, we did the surgery and medical treatments mostly out of the home country, where the home country lack for good health services.
I still have the work on-going and they extend the contract for another a year based on work-permit.
do you have any idea about the success percent?
and If I got the PR(Hopefully), can I travel for everywhere !
Any answer will be appreciated.

Alien_walkingalone

Jul 9, 2015
Hi may I know what is your current status of your applications? For your question regarding traveling outside a lawyer can answer you better . Please do let me know if you were answered of any decision or not ,it will help the other persons who is thinking to apply under this category.thanks