+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

BigTony

Star Member
Nov 14, 2021
don't worry my friend ! the actual timeline is much better than before.

you will get an aswer between 4 months to 8 or 9 months ( it can be more or less )
and if you will apply under domestic violence category it will be faster.
Yes i am filing under (domestic violence) for definite

Reactions: wello711

Growing pains

Apr 3, 2020
I was actually contemplating calling up cbsa annonomosly and tell them my situation to see what they would say ,hmm still unsure tho
It’s IRCC you should be doing that with not CBSA because they’d be able to tell you what your options are and direct you accordingly.The CBSA is just a gate keeper.They can’t do very much!

Ricemaddie

Apr 16, 2013
Hello,
Came across these forums again and thought it would be great to read similar situations.
This is our timeline,
PR through H&C
1) Application received Oct 02 2020
2) Send correspondence acknowledge Nov 01 2020
3) Started processing your Application March 01 2021

Background:
I am Canadian born, from BC. My husband came here on a student visa and is currently remaining in Canada as TRP. We have been married for 10 years and we have 4 children together, all born in Canada. Have strong ties in Canada as both our parents and siblings are here. We both have long time employment with our current jobs. I’m just very nervous and scared. I just pray we have a strong case as we have 4 children to support so he has to stay with us in Canada.

Any help or advice please? I checked on H&C timeline and it says 22 months? I know each case is different but I’ve been reading some have decisions made fairly quickly. Thanks for reading my comment!

Reactions: wello711

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
Hello,
Came across these forums again and thought it would be great to read similar situations.
This is our timeline,
PR through H&C

Background:
I am Canadian born, from BC. My husband came here on a student visa and is currently remaining in Canada as TRP. We have been married for 10 years and we have 4 children together, all born in Canada. Have strong ties in Canada as both our parents and siblings are here. We both have long time employment with our current jobs. I’m just very nervous and scared. I just pray we have a strong case as we have 4 children to support so he has to stay with us in Canada.

Any help or advice please? I checked on H&C timeline and it says 22 months? I know each case is different but I’ve been reading some have decisions made fairly quickly. Thanks for reading my comment!
did you try to apply for gcms notes ?

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
Hello,
This is our timeline,
PR through H&C

Background:

did you try the phone line updates ?

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
Ahhh no, I didn’t even know to check the status updates until yesterday. That’s how I found out it’s processing.
this is how to check phone line updates :

1-18882422100

2- English press 1

3- immigration press 1

4- transfer to citizenship and imm can processing application press 1

5- status or processing times press 1

6- become permanent resident press 2

7- application starts with H press 5

8- then enter application number followed by #

9- listen to the entered number and press 1 to confirm

10- enter the year of birth and then listen the entered number and press 1 to confirm

11- hear the details

12- then press 1 to check status (there will be a pause)

13- hear detailed status at the end press 0 to speak to agent

Thanks to @Ayanna for all these informations !

Last edited:

Ricemaddie

Apr 16, 2013
this is how to check phone line updates :

1-18882422100

2- English press 1

3- immigration press 1

4- transfer to citizenship and imm can processing application press 1

5- status or processing times press 1

6- become permanent resident press 2

7- application starts with E press 2

8- then enter application number followed by #

9- listen to the entered number and press 1 to confirm

10- enter the year of birth and then listen the entered number and press 1 to confirm

11- hear the details

12- then press 1 to check status (there will be a pause)

13- hear detailed status at the end press 0 to speak to agent

Thanks to @Ayanna for all these informations !
Thank you! Will try that Monday morning