+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

cmunonye3

Star Member
Mar 13, 2021
I responded to a Procedural fairness letter for over a month now.
Does anyone knows how long it takes before i could get any response from IRCC

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What kind of letter is that?
When IRCC finds out about an issue with your application, they give you a chance to explain it in a procedural fairness letter. For example, when they find out about mis-representation. Before taking measures like revoking your status, they give you a chance to explain in a letter. If your arguments are not convincing, then you will have to go through the formal appeal process. It is extremely important to prepare the letter well because once that stage fails it is extremely difficult to win the actual appeal.
Back to the OP question, it depends on the office and the issue. My partner had mis-representation investigated by Montreal office back in 2015 and it took about a year to get reply to the letter. I am not sure if things became faster since then.

Reactions: Bikiy

grahs1994

Feb 8, 2021
When IRCC finds out about an issue with your application, they give you a chance to explain it in a procedural fairness letter. For example, when they find out about mis-representation. Before taking measures like revoking your status, they give you a chance to explain in a letter. If your arguments are not convincing, then you will have to go through the formal appeal process. It is extremely important to prepare the letter well because once that stage fails it is extremely difficult to win the actual appeal.
Back to the OP question, it depends on the office and the issue. My partner had mis-representation investigated by Montreal office back in 2015 and it took about a year to get reply to the letter. I am not sure if things became faster since then.
Ok thanks for your explanation. Appreciate it

• Love
Reactions: R Brar and Katayoon

Testy123

Star Member
Jan 6, 2019
Hello house, a hired a lawyer for my H&C application, he submitted an application for me in September 2021 and up till now I haven't received an AOR. Is this normal? How long does it usually take for an application to be acknowledged? Thank you