+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
As @Ayanna and someone posting internal correspondence, the Liberal gvt has changed the requirements for approval because they want to say they have met their target for 400k PRs this year. You no longer have to meet the more stringent definitions for H&C and asylum that you would have just months ago. It unfortunately will create legal precedents and undermine things like asylum programs going forward if you no longer follow the UN requirements for asylum seekers. Normally it would be very difficult to get H&C approval given this profile but timing is everything. The fact that the person processing the case was so focused on employment is because Canada is trying to boost the labour force due to labour shortages at the moment due to lack of immigration from abroad. As @Max019283 indicated they were very concerned about her lack of employment history.

https://torontosun.com/news/national/gunter-liberals-plan-to-make-immigration-to-canada-much-easier
the thing i don't understand is that immigration during harper years was easier than now!
I know it was the Conservatives who created express entry, but before 2015 the immigration programs were very simple.
immigration currently with the liberals is more difficult in my opinion compared to the period between 2000 and 2015 even if they accept more people than before.

Reactions: MANU07

David323

Star Member
Sep 30, 2017
Calgary
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Med's Request
26-05-2021
Med's Done....
05-06-2021
What happens if old parent is coming to Canada under H&C program and receive PR.
Did he get any pension/financial assistant monthly basis? Like Old Age Security/ CPP or others?(never been working in Canada, arrived on age 75 and above)
Anyone from experience? Thanks

GrecchiJu

Apr 29, 2021
As @Ayanna and someone posting internal correspondence, the Liberal gvt has changed the requirements for approval because they want to say they have met their target for 400k PRs this year. You no longer have to meet the more stringent definitions for H&C and asylum that you would have just months ago. It unfortunately will create legal precedents and undermine things like asylum programs going forward if you no longer follow the UN requirements for asylum seekers. Normally it would be very difficult to get H&C approval given this profile but timing is everything. The fact that the person processing the case was so focused on employment is because Canada is trying to boost the labour force due to labour shortages at the moment due to lack of immigration from abroad. As @Max019283 indicated they were very concerned about her lack of employment history.

https://torontosun.com/news/national/gunter-liberals-plan-to-make-immigration-to-canada-much-easier
Have you seen the latest new about immigration? They have accumulated 1.8 million applications. I think they won’t have problem reaching their 400k goal anymore. Can you share your thoughts about it? Thanks!

MANU07

Star Member
Nov 11, 2016
the thing i don't understand is that immigration during harper years was easier than now!
I know it was the Conservatives who created express entry, but before 2015 the immigration programs were very simple.
immigration currently with the liberals is more difficult in my opinion compared to the period between 2000 and 2015 even if they accept more people than before.
its 100% right. Express entry program is ruined many talented people life, because score was so high.

Carlos chuks

Star Member
Nov 3, 2020
don' trust them.
many and many people (canadian born or immigrants ) like to complicate things for people like us, while these people generally have no connection with the field of immigration, they don't know anything ! this is the case for most VIP members here and youtubers on youtube.
they just want to demoralize us, directly or indirectly,they will say h?c chances are just 20 %, you have zero chances because of....,( they like to judge and criticize people ) you can not get PR, you can not work, you will not be able to study etc.... i taught before that h?C chances are just 10 % according to a stupid volunteer on a community center but i ddin't give up and i talked with professionals and I did some research to understand well the H&C procedure.
don't believe these people they are mentally ill
One thing I found out is that foreigners that became permanent residence or citizens, don't like other foreigners coming to Canada, I have experienced it everywhere ,I had encountered a woman from my country in service Ontario, and she purposely refused my Ohip application, because I was not a permanent resident. Similar thing happened in Cbsa . Even individuals that are permanent, they always try to discourage, they just want you to leave Canada, like you are here to take away their jobs.

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
One thing I found out is that foreigners that became permanent residence or citizens, don't like other foreigners coming to Canada, I have experienced it everywhere ,I had encountered a woman from my country in service Ontario, and she purposely refused my Ohip application, because I was not a permanent resident. Similar thing happened in Cbsa . Even individuals that are permanent, they always try to discourage, they just want you to leave Canada, like you are here to take away their jobs.
We had similar experience. All HC/PRRA applications that my partner got refused (and there were many of those) were refused by an immigrant and also a "black" person, as himself. Even his MP assistant, a former refugee from Rwanda, refused to help and call IRCC to follow up on his status. The only two people who helped us in the entire process were two CBSA officers, Franco-Ontarians ("white"). And it is not about refusal only: it is the way that Montreal officer managed the entire case was very disappointing. She never sent him refusal letter (sent it directly to CBSA to trigger deportation) so that he cannot appeal; she refused to close the case so that he cannot file a new HC until old one is open (took her 9 months to close the old case after decision made); and many other little things here and there that indirectly imply she was determined to see him deported. She even wrote in her refusal notes she did not consider his reference letters because references are "new to Canada" (including myself, citizen and almost 10 years in Canada).

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
i agree

SpiritualWonderBoy

Jul 2, 2020
We had similar experience. All HC/PRRA applications that my partner got refused (and there were many of those) were refused by an immigrant and also a "black" person, as himself. Even his MP assistant, a former refugee from Rwanda, refused to help and call IRCC to follow up on his status. The only two people who helped us in the entire process were two CBSA officers, Franco-Ontarians ("white"). And it is not about refusal only: it is the way that Montreal officer managed the entire case was very disappointing. She never sent him refusal letter (sent it directly to CBSA to trigger deportation) so that he cannot appeal; she refused to close the case so that he cannot file a new HC until old one is open (took her 9 months to close the old case after decision made); and many other little things here and there that indirectly imply she was determined to see him deported. She even wrote in her refusal notes she did not consider his reference letters because references are "new to Canada" (including myself, citizen and almost 10 years in Canada).
Not all some are good people however I am working with some those people you mentioned. They treat me poorly, I am scared to go to work all the time because they gave me sh”t. I even take antidepressant because how they treated me makes me stress and just wanna cry during working hours. Very unprofessional.

Reactions: Katayoon

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not all some are good people however I am working with some those people you mentioned. They treat me poorly, I am scared to go to work all the time because they gave me sh”t. I even take antidepressant because how they treated me makes me stress and just wanna cry during working hours. Very unprofessional.
Never let other people determine your value or kill your health. Other people's ignorance does not determine who you are. An ignorant fool can call a diamond a piece of junk - it still remains a diamond.

SpiritualWonderBoy

Jul 2, 2020
Never let other people determine your value or kill your health. Other people's ignorance does not determine who you are. An ignorant fool can call a diamond a piece of junk - it still remains a diamond.
I assumed because of jealousy they scared that I am aiming a higher position which absolutely not. I just wanna make a loving, why poeple cant be nice to each other where we are justing employee in a company.

Growing pains

Apr 3, 2020
Umm..Harper really screwed a lot of people and his policies were straight trash.it’s because of Harper’s policies that I got into endless legal battles.Harper only wanted immigrants from European countries and some Asian countries like India and China.if Harper was in power,there would’ve never been so many avenues for appeals and even for temporary residents won’t have the ability to transition to Pr.

Growing pains

Apr 3, 2020
What happens if old parent is coming to Canada under H&C program and receive PR.
Did he get any pension/financial assistant monthly basis? Like Old Age Security/ CPP or others?(never been working in Canada, arrived on age 75 and above)
Anyone from experience? Thanks
You have to have worked in Canada to qualify for pension and all senior’s benefits

Swagzzy

Jan 28, 2020
I’m sure most people have experienced this!!! You are so on point.

Namo88

Star Member
Nov 13, 2021
Racism has nothing to do with it. If you have been following politics, the Liberals have been very focused on saying they have met their target of 400k new PRs this year. They have created tons of new programs that will allow those already in Canada to get PR. These will be one time policies before we return to normal immigration programs. They also are approving more asylum seekers and assume H&C applicants because they are already in Canada and therefore easier to approve so they can make the 400k. Would also assume they may get creative and count AIPs towards the 400k if they fall short of the 400k.
If asylum seekers gets approved that is not considered PR right away as well as for H&C applicant if getting AIP that not meaning PR for hit 400k in 2021 because there is next steps to be processing until final decisions on applications takes so many time this is means passed 2021

Reactions: Katayoon