+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

Growing pains

Apr 3, 2020
Congrats! Never give up. Same for my partner - his IrCC officer wrote in her refusal notes he has to return to his home country and I am free to leave Canada behind and follow him. Even his latest lawyer - a top one in Toronto - said it is pointless to continue fighting. We did not listen and re-submitted again on our own, and won.
Thank you! I really wanted to just say ‘f**k* it but when I think of the time I’ve spent in Canada I had to suck it up.it was very difficult.I will tell this story to my kids so they know immigration is not a walk in the park.really glad I didn’t because my MP’s office rep really discouraged me.Thank God I didn’t listen to her.I would’ve been shipped and the rest is history :D

Pear23

Sep 20, 2020
Thank you! I really wanted to just say ‘f**k* it but when I think of the time I’ve spent in Canada I had to suck it up.it was very difficult.I will tell this story to my kids so they know immigration is not a walk in the park.really glad I didn’t because my MP’s office rep really discouraged me.Thank God I didn’t listen to her.I would’ve been shipped and the rest is history :D
Yes thank God today you live to tell your story never give up there's always a light at the end of the tunnel. A quitter never wins and a winner never quits

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes so many lawyers discouraged us from trying again. Our MP assistant was very hostile too although she is also immigrant and has similar background to my partner. I did not give up because we did not want to have dad's deportation in my son's bio. Can you believe my partner already shipped this May all his belongings home and went to CBSA himself to get his seized passport back and leave. He could not stand the stress anymore. And here we fall on a true angel at CBSA. I know you had a very disappointing experience at CBSA, and these guys have to remove people by nature of their job, but this guy was a true angel sent to rescue us. He looked at us and said he cannot separate family like that. He gave administrative deferral of deportation and called IRCC to expedite the case. 10 days later we were looking at AIP in complete disbelief that after 7 years of fight he has it finally!

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You have successfully passed one of the hardest exams in your life. What does not kill you makes you stronger. You are a true fighter now and nothing can break you down easily.

Growing pains

Apr 3, 2020
You have successfully passed one of the hardest exams in your life. What does not kill you makes you stronger. You are a true fighter now and nothing can break you down easily.
Girl!! You’re the biggest fighter I’ve ever seen.I could never do what you did for your partner.I would’ve given up.7 years is no joke and can never get it back.so big kudos to you for doing that.And I really hope he worships the ground you walk on cuz that was a huge sacrifice! I’m sure y’all sleep and breathe different after all that madness :D:D

Last edited:

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Girl!! You’re the biggest fight I’ve ever seen.I could never do what you did for your partner.I would’ve given up.7 years is no joke and can never get it back.so big kudos to you for doing that.And I really hope he worships the ground you walk on cuz that was a huge sacrifice! I’m sure y’all sleep and breathe different after all that madness :D:D
Thank you my friend, really appreciate your kind words of support. Let's comfort ourselves by thinking that we have acquired many valuable skills through these years of fight, like resilience, stamina and endless patience.

stranger101

Nov 12, 2021
To be honest, even if he did want to help, not much can be done. Many IRCC officers get sensitive when MP get involved, if not upset. Our MP assistant told us not to check on status too often via their line, because officers "will not appreciate it". Nobody wants to be micro-managed, so I get it.
As you said not to check status too often “via their line” ? But we check application status update through website via the “check my application status”? Or isn’t that recommended too?

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As you said not to check status too often “via their line” ? But we check application status update through website via the “check my application status”? Or isn’t that recommended too?
No I meant to ask MP to call special IRCC line for MPs and senators. The thing you do on website is automatic and not recorded on your file. You can do it every second if you please.

Reactions: SweetQueen

bella12

Jul 10, 2019
can someone get decision after one month or two when ecas change to ( IN PROCESS ) ?
Yes..As a matter of fact, from the date your application change to PROCESS, It can take a couple of weeks or less than a month for a decision to be made on an application. In this kind of situation, It is a perfect indicator that that application has been refused.

However, when it is in PROCESS, and it takes months to get a response from IRCC, It is a good indicator your application is going smoothly.(Please Note: this does NOT perfectly indicate an approval )

Reactions: wello711

wello711

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
Yes..As a matter of fact, from the date your application change to PROCESS, It can take a couple of weeks or less than a month for a decision to be made on an application. In this kind of situation, It is a perfect indicator that that application has been refused.

However, when it is in PROCESS, and it takes months to get a response from IRCC, It is a good indicator your application is going smoothly.(Please Note: this does NOT perfectly indicate an approval )
i didn't understand, which indicator ?

bella12

Jul 10, 2019
i didn't understand, which indicator ?

The synonym of the word "indicator" as used in my sentence mean " Sign"....It is SIGN that gives you an idea of the likely outcome of the decision of the application you submitted for H&C.

If you receive a decision within a time frame that is not far from when your application change to PROCESS, it is a good SIGN that the application is refused. However, if it takes months before you receive a response from IRCC, It is a good SIGN things are going smoothly. Meaning ( this does NOT necessarily translate to approval but the success rate is higher than when you receive a decision too quickly from the start of your RCAS change to PROCESSING)

SweetQueen

Nov 12, 2020
Guys ! my application changed to in PROCESS ! i stress more now ! snif snif
Finally in process. I told you to be patient and avoid hbp. Applying for H&C needs patience and applying from Quebec need extra ordinary patience. At every stage there is always a long wait. The most important thing is to get positive results. Have faith and soon you will receive AIP by the Grace of God. Best of luck and congrats :)